The New York Yankees (24-8) will vie for their sixth straight victory when they visit the Chicago White Sox (15-16) on Saturday at 7:10 PM ET. The Yankees are listed as -155 favorites by bookmakers, while the White Sox are +133 underdogs. New York’s Jordan Montgomery and Chicago’s Dallas Keuchel have been named the starters for this contest.
Table of Contents
Yankees vs. White Sox Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Yankees vs. White Sox
Our computer pick: Chicago White Sox (+133) and Over (8.5)
Yankees vs. White Sox Game Info
- New York Yankees probable starting pitcher: Jordan Montgomery
- Chicago White Sox probable starting pitcher: Dallas Keuchel
- Game Day: Saturday, May 14, 2022
- Game Time: 7:10 PM ET
- Location: Chicago, Illinois
- Stadium: Guaranteed Rate Field
New York Yankees vs Chicago White Sox Pitching Matchup
Yankees Starter Jordan Montgomery
- Montgomery gets the start for the Yankees, his seventh of the season. He is 0-1 with a 2.90 ERA and 25 strikeouts in 31 innings pitched.
- His most recent appearance was on Sunday against the Texas Rangers, when the lefty tossed six innings, surrendering two earned runs while giving up four hits.
- In six games this season, the 29-year-old has a 2.90 ERA and 7.3 strikeouts per nine innings, while allowing a batting average of .212 to his opponents.
- Montgomery heads into the game with two quality starts under his belt this year.
- Montgomery will try to build on a six-game streak of lasting five or more innings (he’s averaging 5.1 innings per outing).
- The opposing White Sox offense has the 24th-ranked slugging percentage (.355) and is 19th in MLB play with 28 home runs. It has a collective .226 batting average, and is 26th in MLB with 232 total hits and 27th in MLB action scoring 113 runs.
White Sox Starter Dallas Keuchel
- Keuchel (2-3) will take to the mound for the White Sox and make his sixth start of the season.
- The left-hander gave up two earned runs in six innings pitched on Sunday in his last outing, a matchup with the Boston Red Sox.
- The 34-year-old has pitched in five games this season with an ERA of 6.86, a 1.083 strikeout to walk ratio and a WHIP of 2.095.
- He has one quality starts in five chances this season.
- Keuchel will look to pitch five or more innings for the third start in a row.
- The Yankees have scored 160 runs this season, which ranks fourth in MLB. They have 258 hits, ninth in baseball, with 48 home runs (first in the league).
Yankees Betting Picks & Insights
- This season, the Yankees have won 21 out of the 29 games, or 72.4%, in which they’ve been favored.
- New York has entered 24 games this season favored by -155 or more and is 18-6 in those contests.
- The implied probability of a win from the Yankees, based on the moneyline, is 60.8%.
- New York’s games have gone over the total in 14 of their 31 chances.
- In 31 games with a spread this season, the Yankees are 17-14-0 ATS.
White Sox Betting Picks & Insights
- The White Sox have come away with two wins in the nine contests they have been listed as the underdogs in this season.
- This season, Chicago has come away with a win two times in three chances when named as an underdog of at least +133 or longer on the moneyline.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the White Sox have a 42.9% chance of walking away with the win.
- Chicago and their opponents have gone over in 14 of their 32 games with a total set by sportsbooks this season.
- The White Sox are 14-18-0 against the spread in their 32 games that had a posted line this season.
Yankees Leaders & Batting Stats
- Aaron Judge has a team-high batting average of .305, and leads the Yankees in home runs (12).
- Among all MLB batters, Judge ranks 21st in batting average, 23rd in on-base percentage, and second in slugging.
- Judge carries a five-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last five games he is batting .421 with three home runs, four walks and eight RBI.
- Anthony Rizzo is hitting .232 with five doubles, a triple, nine home runs and 15 walks.
- Rizzo ranks fifth in homers and 10th in RBI on the year.
- Rizzo has two games in a row with at least one hit. In his last five games he is batting .167 with a double, a triple, three walks and two RBI.
- Giancarlo Stanton has put up a team-high 30 runs batted in.
- Stanton is on a three-game hitting streak entering this contest. During his last five outings he is hitting .400 with five home runs, two walks and 13 RBI.
- DJ LeMahieu is batting .291 with nine doubles, two home runs and 11 walks.
White Sox Leaders & Batting Stats
- Tim Anderson leads the White Sox with four home runs and 12 runs batted in, while posting a team-best batting average of .327.
- Among all hitters in the majors, Anderson’s home run total ranks 57th and his RBI tally ranks 109th.
- Luis Robert’s four home runs lead his team.
- Robert is 57th in home runs and 177th in RBI among all hitters in MLB.
- Jose Abreu paces the White Sox with 12 runs batted in.
- Andrew Vaughn leads the White Sox in home runs (four) and runs batted in (12).
Betting Tips for Yankees vs. White Sox
Our best bet is the White Sox on the moneyline at +133 after taking a look at all of the key trends and statistics for this matchup. Our computer predicts the scoring will over the total of 8.5 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price