The New York Yankees (23-8) will look to Giancarlo Stanton, who is coming off a two-homer game, to lead them in a matchup with the Chicago White Sox (15-15) Friday at 8:10 PM ET. The Yankees are -172 favorites for the contest, according to oddsmakers. Gerrit Cole takes the mound for New York while Vince Velasquez is Chicago’s starter for the contest.
Table of Contents
Yankees vs. White Sox Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Yankees vs. White Sox
Our computer pick: Chicago White Sox (+147) and Over (7.5)
Yankees vs. White Sox Game Info
- New York Yankees probable starting pitcher: Gerrit Cole
- Chicago White Sox probable starting pitcher: Vince Velasquez
- Game Day: Friday, May 13, 2022
- Game Time: 8:10 PM ET
- Location: Chicago, Illinois
- Stadium: Guaranteed Rate Field
New York Yankees vs Chicago White Sox Pitching Matchup
Yankees Starter Gerrit Cole
- Cole gets the start for the Yankees, his seventh of the season. He is 2-0 with a 2.67 ERA and 37 strikeouts in 30 1/3 innings pitched.
- The righty’s last time out came on Sunday against the Texas Rangers, when he went 6 1/3 innings, surrendering one earned run while allowing five hits.
- The 31-year-old has an ERA of 2.67, with 11.0 strikeouts per nine innings, in six games this season. Opponents are batting .205 against him.
- Cole is looking to claim his fourth straight quality start in this game.
- Cole will try to pitch five or more innings for his fourth straight appearance. He’s averaging 5.0 frames per outing.
- He will face a White Sox offense that ranks 27th in the league with 109 runs while batting .225 as a unit. It has a collective .355 slugging percentage (22nd in MLB play) and has hit a total of 27 home runs (18th in MLB).
White Sox Starter Vince Velasquez
- Velasquez (2-2) will take the mound for the White Sox, his sixth start of the season.
- The right-hander gave up one earned run and allowed three hits in five innings pitched against the Boston Red Sox on Friday.
- The 29-year-old has pitched to a 3.97 ERA this season with 8.3 strikeouts per nine innings compared to 3.6 walks per nine across five games.
- Velasquez has not earned a quality start in five starts this season.
- Velásquez will look to pitch five or more innings for the third start in a row.
- The Yankees have scored 150 runs this season, which ranks fifth in MLB. They are batting .240 for the campaign with 44 home runs, second in the league.
Yankees Betting Picks & Insights
- The Yankees have entered the game as favorites 28 times this season and won 20, or 71.4%, of those games.
- New York is 15-3 this season when entering a game favored by -172 or more on the moneyline.
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 63.2% chance of a victory for the Yankees.
- Games involving New York have gone over the total set by bookmakers in 13 of 30 chances this season.
- The Yankees are 16-14-0 against the spread in their 30 chances this season.
White Sox Betting Picks & Insights
- The White Sox have been victorious in two of the eight contests they have been chosen as underdogs in this season.
- Chicago has played as an underdog of +147 or more just one time this year and came away with a win in that game.
- Bookmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the White Sox have a 40.5% chance of pulling out a win.
- Chicago and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 13 of their 31 opportunities.
- The White Sox have posted a record of 14-17-0 against the spread this season.
Yankees Leaders & Batting Stats
- Aaron Judge leads the Yankees with 11 home runs on the year. He’s also hitting .296 with 26 RBI.
- Including all MLB batters, Judge ranks 27th in batting average, 40th in on-base percentage, and second in slugging.
- Judge brings a hitting streak of four games into this game. In his last five games he is batting .300 with two home runs, two walks and seven RBI.
- Anthony Rizzo is hitting .232 with five doubles, a triple, nine home runs and 15 walks.
- Rizzo is third in home runs and 10th in RBI among all hitters in the majors.
- Rizzo heads into this game looking for his third game in a row with a hit. In his last five games he is hitting .167 with a double, a triple, three walks and two RBI.
- DJ LeMahieu paces the Yankees with a .305 batting average.
- LeMahieu is on a three-game hitting streak entering this contest. During his last five outings he is batting .375 with four doubles, four walks and an RBI.
- Stanton has collected 28 runs batted in to lead his team.
- Stanton brings a two-game streak with at least one hit into this one. In his last five games he is hitting .333 with four home runs, two walks and 12 RBI.
White Sox Leaders & Batting Stats
- Tim Anderson leads the White Sox in home runs (four), runs batted in (12) and has recorded a team-best batting average of .333.
- Anderson’s home run total puts him 57th in the majors, and he is 103rd in RBI.
- Luis Robert’s four home runs lead his team.
- Among all major league batters, Robert is 57th in home runs and 168th in RBI.
- Jose Abreu has collected a team-high 12 runs batted in.
- Gavin Sheets has three doubles, three home runs and five walks while hitting .218.
Betting Tips for Yankees vs. White Sox
After looking at all of the key trends and statistics for this matchup, our best bet is the White Sox on the moneyline at +147. Our computer picks see the scoring going over the total of 7.5 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price