The New York Yankees (14-6) will look to complete a series sweep as they take a 2-0 lead into their final matchup against the Kansas City Royals (7-12) at 2:10 PM ET Sunday from Kauffman Stadium. The Yankees are favored (-195) by oddsmakers. Luis Severino gets the starting nod for New York while Daniel Lynch is Kansas City’s starter for the contest.
Table of Contents
Yankees vs. Royals Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Yankees vs. Royals
Our computer pick: Kansas City Royals (+164) and Over (8)
Yankees vs. Royals Game Info
- New York Yankees probable starting pitcher: Luis Severino
- Kansas City Royals probable starting pitcher: Daniel Lynch
- Game Day: Sunday, May 1, 2022
- Game Time: 2:10 PM ET
- Location: Kansas City, Missouri
- Stadium: Kauffman Stadium
New York Yankees vs Kansas City Royals Pitching Matchup
Yankees Starter Luis Severino
- Severino gets the start for the Yankees, his fourth of the season. He is 1-0 with a 2.08 ERA and 14 strikeouts through 13 innings pitched.
- The right-hander’s most recent appearance was on Wednesday, April 20 against the Detroit Tigers, when he threw five innings, surrendering one earned run while giving up seven hits.
- The 28-year-old has put up an ERA of 2.08, with 9.7 strikeouts per nine innings, in three games this season. Opponents are batting .275 against him.
- Severino will aim to last five or more innings for his third straight appearance. He’s averaging 4.1 frames per outing.
- He will face a Royals offense that ranks 29th in the league with 59 runs while batting .211 as a unit. It has a collective .312 slugging percentage (27th in MLB action) and has hit a total of 11 home runs (28th in MLB).
Royals Starter Daniel Lynch
- The Royals will hand the ball to Lynch (2-1) for his fourth start of the season.
- The left-hander did not allow a run in six innings pitched on Tuesday in his last outing, a matchup with the Chicago White Sox.
- The 25-year-old has an ERA of 3.38, a 4 strikeout to walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.188 in three games this season.
- He has earned a quality start one time in three starts this season.
- Lynch will look to pitch five or more innings for the fourth start in a row.
- The Yankees rank 14th in MLB with 88 runs scored this season. They have a .244 batting average this campaign with 24 home runs (fifth in the league).
Yankees Betting Picks & Insights
- The Yankees have entered the game as favorites 19 times this season and won 13, or 68.4%, of those games.
- This season, New York has won seven of its nine games, or 77.8%, when favored by at least -195 on the moneyline.
- Oddsmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Yankees have a 66.1% chance to win.
- New York and its opponents have gone over the total this season in seven of their 19 opportunities.
- The Yankees have an ATS record of 11-8-0 in 19 games with a spread this season.
Royals Betting Picks & Insights
- The Royals have won in five, or 35.7%, of the 14 contests they have been named as odds-on underdogs in this year.
- This season, Kansas City has been a moneyline underdog of -195 or better three times, losing every contest.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Royals have a 37.9% chance of walking away with the win.
- Contests with Kansas City have gone over the total set by sportsbooks in seven of 19 chances this season.
- The Royals are 9-10-0 against the spread in their 19 games with a line set by sportsbooks this season.
Yankees Leaders & Batting Stats
- Anthony Rizzo is the Yankees best power hitter, hitting six round-trippers this season in addition to collecting 15 RBI, both team highs.
- In all of the majors, Rizzo ranks third in homers and seventh in RBI.
- Aaron Judge has five doubles, five home runs and eight walks while batting .286.
- Judge is 11th in homers and 34th in RBI on the year.
- Judge carries a four-game streak with at least one hit into this matchup. During his last five outings he is hitting .300 with a double, two home runs, a walk and seven RBI.
- DJ LeMahieu has five doubles, two home runs and six walks while hitting .294.
- Isiah Kiner-Falefa is hitting .305 with four doubles and four walks.
Royals Leaders & Batting Stats
- Andrew Benintendi paces the Royals with 10 runs batted in while racking up a team-high batting average of .373.
- In all of the big leagues, Benintendi ranks 149th in homers and 66th in RBI.
- Salvador Perez has collected a team-best five home runs.
- Perez ranks 11th overall in homers and 86th in RBI this season.
- Carlos Santana has a double, a home run and 14 walks while hitting .127.
- Hunter Dozier is batting .258 with four doubles, a triple, three home runs and two walks.
|Michael A. Taylor||17||.184||.317||.245||1||5||9|
Betting Tips for Yankees vs. Royals
After analyzing all of the key trends and stats for this matchup, our best bet is the Royals on the moneyline at +164. Our computer prediction sees the scoring going over the total of 8 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price