The Texas Rangers (10-14) roll into Sunday’s matchup with the New York Yankees (17-7) looking to extend a four-game winning streak. The contest starts at 1:35 PM ET with the Yankees listed as -244 favorites on the moneyline to stop the Rangers’ streak. Gerrit Cole will get the ball for New York while Texas counter with Dane Dunning.
Table of Contents
Yankees vs. Rangers Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Yankees vs. Rangers
Our computer pick: Texas Rangers (+195) and Over (7)
Yankees vs. Rangers Game Info
- New York Yankees probable starting pitcher: Gerrit Cole
- Texas Rangers probable starting pitcher: Dane Dunning
- Game Day: Sunday, May 8, 2022
- Game Time: 1:35 PM ET
- Location: The Bronx, New York
- Stadium: Yankee Stadium
New York Yankees vs Texas Rangers Pitching Matchup
Yankees Starter Gerrit Cole
- The Yankees will send Cole (2-0) to make his sixth start of the season. He is 2-0 with a 3.00 ERA and 27 strikeouts through 24 innings pitched.
- In his most recent outing on Saturday, April 30 against the Kansas City Royals, the right-hander tossed six scoreless innings while surrendering five hits.
- The 31-year-old has an ERA of 3.00, with 10.1 strikeouts per nine innings, in five games this season. Opposing hitters have a .205 batting average against him.
- Cole is aiming to earn his third quality start in a row in this matchup.
- Cole will try to continue a three-game streak of pitching five or more innings (he’s averaging 4.2 frames per outing).
- The opposing Rangers offense has a collective .224 batting average, and is 25th in the league with 180 total hits and 19th in MLB play with 104 runs scored. It has the 25th-ranked slugging percentage (.340) and ranks 20th in home runs (21) in all of MLB.
- Among qualifying pitchers in MLB action this season, the 31-year-old’s 3.00 ERA ranks 33rd, 1.167 WHIP ranks 42nd, and 10.1 K/9 ranks 12th.
Rangers Starter Dane Dunning
- Dunning (1-1) will take to the mound for the Rangers and make his sixth start of the season.
- The right-hander’s last start was on Saturday, April 30, when he tossed 7 2/3 innings while giving up one earned run on three hits in a matchup with the Atlanta Braves.
- The 27-year-old has pitched to a 3.81 ERA this season with 9.0 strikeouts per nine innings compared to 2.8 walks per nine across five games.
- He has earned a quality start one time in five starts this season.
- Dunning will look to pitch five or more innings for the third start in a row.
- The Yankees have scored 107 runs this season, which ranks 17th in MLB. They are batting .240 for the campaign with 30 home runs, seventh in the league.
- Among qualified pitchers in the majors this year, the 27-year-old ranks 48th in ERA (3.81), 49th in WHIP (1.269), and 24th in K/9 (9.0).
Yankees Betting Picks & Insights
- The Yankees have won 15, or 68.2%, of the 22 games they’ve played as favorites this season.
- New York has played as a favorite of -244 or more once this season and won that game.
- The Yankees have a 70.9% chance to win this game based on the implied probability of the moneyline.
- New York and its opponents have hit the over in nine of their 23 games with a total this season.
- The Yankees have an ATS record of 13-10-0 in 23 games with a spread this season.
Rangers Betting Picks & Insights
- The Rangers have been underdogs in 20 games this season and have come away with the win nine times (45%) in those contests.
- Oddsmakers have given Texas the worst odds of winning they have seen this season with a +195 moneyline listed for this contest.
- The Rangers have an implied victory probability of 33.9% according to the moneyline set for this matchup.
- Texas and their opponents have gone over in 11 of their 24 games with a total set by sportsbooks this season.
- The Rangers have posted a record of 13-11-0 against the spread this season.
Yankees Leaders & Batting Stats
- Aaron Judge has gone yard eight times in the 2022 campaign while knocking in 18 runs, both totals that lead the Yankees.
- Judge is third in home runs and 18th in RBI among all hitters in MLB.
- Anthony Rizzo has four doubles, six home runs and 10 walks while hitting .218.
- Rizzo is 13th in home runs and 34th in RBI on the year.
- DJ LeMahieu has accumulated a team-best batting average of .288.
- LeMahieu will look to build on his three-game hitting in this game. During his last five outings he is hitting .238 with a double, a walk and two RBI.
- Isiah Kiner-Falefa has six doubles and five walks while hitting .284.
Rangers Leaders & Batting Stats
- Adolis Garcia has managed a team-high four home runs and has driven in 18 runs.
- Among all hitters in the majors, Garcia’s home run total ranks 39th and his RBI tally ranks 18th.
- Corey Seager has a team-best four home runs.
- Seager ranks 39th overall in home runs and 73rd in RBI this year.
- Jonah Heim is hitting .353 with two doubles, three home runs and eight walks.
- Nate Lowe leads the Rangers with a team-leading batting average of .293.
Betting Tips for Yankees vs. Rangers
After taking a look at all of the key statistics and trends for this matchup, our best bet is the Rangers on the moneyline at +195. Our computer prediction sees the scoring going over the total of 7 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price