The Texas Rangers (10-14) will put their four-game win streak to the test when they visit the New York Yankees (17-7) Saturday at 1:05 PM ET. Bookmakers consider the Yankees to be -165 favorites, while the Rangers are +145 underdogs to keep their streak alive. New York’s Luis Severino and Texas’ Dane Dunning have been named the starters for this contest.
Table of Contents
Yankees vs. Rangers Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Yankees vs. Rangers
Our computer pick: Texas Rangers (+145) and Over (6.5)
Yankees vs. Rangers Game Info
- New York Yankees probable starting pitcher: Luis Severino
- Texas Rangers probable starting pitcher: Dane Dunning
- Game Day: Saturday, May 7, 2022
- Game Time: 1:05 PM ET
- Location: The Bronx, New York
- Stadium: Yankee Stadium
New York Yankees vs Texas Rangers Pitching Matchup
Yankees Starter Luis Severino
- The Yankees are sending Severino (1-0) to the mound for his fifth start of the season. He is 1-0 with a 3.00 ERA and 18 strikeouts through 18 innings pitched.
- In his most recent appearance on Sunday, the right-hander threw five innings against the Kansas City Royals, allowing three earned runs while surrendering seven hits.
- In four games this season, the 28-year-old has amassed a 3.00 ERA and 9.0 strikeouts per nine innings, while giving up a batting average of .288 to his opponents.
- Severino will try to build on a four-game streak of pitching five or more innings (he’s averaging 4.2 innings per outing).
- He meets a Rangers offense that ranks 16th in the league with 104 runs while batting .224 as a unit. It has a collective .340 slugging percentage (25th in MLB action) and has hit a total of 21 home runs (17th in MLB).
Rangers Starter Dane Dunning
- Dunning (1-1) will take to the mound for the Rangers and make his sixth start of the season.
- The right-hander gave up one earned run in 7 2/3 innings pitched on Saturday in his last outing, a matchup with the Atlanta Braves.
- The 27-year-old has pitched in five games this season with an ERA of 3.81 and 9.0 strikeouts per nine innings, with an opponent batting average of .245.
- He has started five games this season, earning a quality start (6 or more IP, 3 or fewer ER) in one of them.
- Dunning has two starts in a row of five innings or more.
- The Yankees are batting .240 this season, 10th in MLB. They have a team slugging percentage of .401 (sixth in the league) with 30 home runs.
- The 27-year-old ranks 51st in ERA (3.81), 51st in WHIP (1.269), and 23rd in K/9 (9.0) among qualified pitchers in the majors this season.
Yankees Betting Picks & Insights
- This season, the Yankees have been favored 22 times and won 15, or 68.2%, of those games.
- New York has a record of 12-4, a 75% win rate, when favored by -165 or more by sportsbooks this season.
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 62.3% chance of a victory for the Yankees.
- New York and its opponents have gone over the total this season in nine of their 23 opportunities.
- The Yankees are 13-10-0 against the spread in their 23 chances this season.
Rangers Betting Picks & Insights
- The Rangers have come away with nine wins in the 20 contests they have been listed as the underdogs in this season.
- Texas has a win-loss record of 2-2 when favored by +145 or worse by bookmakers this year.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Rangers have a 40.8% chance of walking away with the win.
- Texas and their opponents have hit the over in 11 of their 24 games with a total set by oddsmakers this season.
- The Rangers have posted a record of 13-11-0 against the spread this season.
Yankees Leaders & Batting Stats
- Aaron Judge is the Yankees best power hitter, hitting eight homers this season in addition to accumulating 18 RBI, both team highs.
- Judge is second in homers and 15th in RBI among all hitters in the majors.
- Anthony Rizzo is hitting .218 with four doubles, six home runs and 10 walks.
- Rizzo is 13th in homers and 29th in RBI on the year.
- DJ LeMahieu has accumulated a team-high batting average of .288.
- LeMahieu is on a three-game hitting streak entering this contest. During his last five outings he is batting .238 with a double, a walk and two RBI.
- Isiah Kiner-Falefa is batting .284 with six doubles and five walks.
Rangers Leaders & Batting Stats
- Adolis Garcia has managed a team-high four home runs and has driven in 18 runs.
- Among all batters in the majors, Garcia’s home run total ranks 34th and his RBI tally is 15th.
- Corey Seager has put up a team-best four home runs.
- Seager ranks 34th in homers and 60th in RBI among all hitters in the big leagues.
- Jonah Heim is batting .353 with two doubles, three home runs and eight walks.
- Nate Lowe paces the Rangers with a team-high batting average of .293.
Betting Tips for Yankees vs. Rangers
After digging through all of the key stats and trends for this matchup, our best bet is the Rangers on the moneyline at +145. Our computer picks see the scoring going over the total of 6.5 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price