The Texas Rangers (10-14) roll into Friday’s matchup with the New York Yankees (17-7) looking to extend a four-game winning streak. The contest starts at 7:05 PM ET with the Yankees listed as -165 favorites on the moneyline to stop the Rangers’ streak. Gerrit Cole starts for New York while Glenn Otto is Texas’ starter for the contest.
Table of Contents
Yankees vs. Rangers Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Yankees vs. Rangers
Our computer pick: Texas Rangers (+145) and Over (6.5)
Yankees vs. Rangers Game Info
- New York Yankees probable starting pitcher: Gerrit Cole
- Texas Rangers probable starting pitcher: Glenn Otto
- Game Day: Friday, May 6, 2022
- Game Time: 7:05 PM ET
- Location: The Bronx, New York
- Stadium: Yankee Stadium
New York Yankees vs Texas Rangers Pitching Matchup
Yankees Starter Gerrit Cole
- Cole (2-0 with a 3.00 ERA and 27 strikeouts in 24 innings pitched) makes the start for the Yankees, his sixth of the season.
- The righty’s most recent time out came on Saturday against the Kansas City Royals, when he threw six scoreless innings while giving up five hits.
- In five games this season, the 31-year-old has a 3.00 ERA and 10.1 strikeouts per nine innings, while giving up a batting average of .205 to opposing hitters.
- Cole is looking to extend a second-game quality start streak in this outing.
- Cole will look to pitch five or more innings for his third straight appearance. He’s averaging 4.2 frames per outing.
- He will face a Rangers squad that is hitting .224 as a unit (23rd in MLB). It is also slugging a collective .340 (25th in MLB) with 21 total home runs (16th in MLB).
- This season, the 31-year-old ranks 35th in ERA (3.00), 39th in WHIP (1.167), and 13th in K/9 (10.1) among qualifying pitchers.
Rangers Starter Glenn Otto
- The Rangers will send Otto to the mound for his third start of the season.
- The right-hander last pitched on Thursday, April 28, when he threw 4 1/3 innings against the Houston Astros, giving up two earned runs.
- He has an ERA of 2.89, a batting average against of .176 and 9.6 strikeouts per nine innings in two games this season.
- Otto has one start of five or more innings this season in two chances. He averages 4.2 innings per outing.
- The Yankees rank 10th in MLB with a .240 batting average this season. They have a team slugging percentage that ranks fifth in the league (.401) and 30 home runs.
Yankees Betting Picks & Insights
- This season, the Yankees have been favored 22 times and won 15, or 68.2%, of those games.
- New York is 12-4 this season when entering a game favored by -165 or more on the moneyline.
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 62.3% chance of a victory for the Yankees.
- New York and its opponents have hit the over in nine of their 23 games with a total this season.
- The Yankees have an ATS record of 13-10-0 in 23 games with a spread this season.
Rangers Betting Picks & Insights
- The Rangers have come away with nine wins in the 20 contests they have been listed as the underdogs in this season.
- This season, Texas has been victorious two times in four chances when named as an underdog of at least +145 or longer on the moneyline.
- Sportsbooks have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Rangers have a 40.8% chance of pulling out a win.
- Texas and their opponents have gone over in 11 of their 24 games with a total set by sportsbooks this season.
- The Rangers are 13-11-0 against the spread in their 24 games with a line set by sportsbooks this season.
Yankees Leaders & Batting Stats
- Aaron Judge leads the Yankees with eight home runs and 18 runs batted in.
- Among all hitters in baseball, Judge’s home run total places him second, and his RBI tally ranks him ninth.
- Anthony Rizzo is batting .218 with four doubles, six home runs and 10 walks.
- Rizzo is 10th in home runs and 21st in RBI on the year.
- DJ LeMahieu has racked up a team-best batting average of .288.
- LeMahieu will look to build on his three-game hitting in this matchup. In his last five games he is hitting .238 with a double, a walk and two RBI.
- Isiah Kiner-Falefa is batting .284 with six doubles and five walks.
Rangers Leaders & Batting Stats
- Adolis Garcia has a team-leading four home runs and has driven in 18 runs.
- Among all hitters in the majors, Garcia ranks 32nd in home runs and ninth in RBI.
- Corey Seager has launched a team-high four home runs.
- Seager ranks 32nd among all hitters in the big leagues in home runs, and 56th in RBI.
- Jonah Heim is batting .353 with two doubles, three home runs and eight walks.
- Nate Lowe paces the Rangers with a team-leading batting average of .293.
Betting Tips for Yankees vs. Rangers
After taking a look at all of the key trends and stats for this matchup, our best bet is the Rangers on the moneyline at +145. Our computer picks see the scoring going over the total of 6.5 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price