Seeking their 30th win of the year, the New York Yankees (29-12) are favorites (-327) on the moneyline when they take on the Baltimore Orioles (17-25) Monday at 7:05 PM ET. Gerrit Cole will get the ball for New York while Baltimore counter with Jordan Lyles.
Table of Contents
Yankees vs. Orioles Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Yankees vs. Orioles
Our computer pick: Baltimore Orioles (+260) and Over (7.5)
Yankees vs. Orioles Game Info
- New York Yankees probable starting pitcher: Gerrit Cole
- Baltimore Orioles probable starting pitcher: Jordan Lyles
- Game Day: Monday, May 23, 2022
- Game Time: 7:05 PM ET
- Location: The Bronx, New York
- Stadium: Yankee Stadium
New York Yankees vs Baltimore Orioles Pitching Matchup
Yankees Starter Gerrit Cole
- The Yankees are sending Cole (4-0) out to make his ninth start of the season. He is 4-0 with a 2.89 ERA and 51 strikeouts in 43 2/3 innings pitched.
- In his last outing on Wednesday against the Baltimore Orioles, the right-hander went seven innings, allowing two earned runs while surrendering six hits.
- The 31-year-old has amassed an ERA of 2.89, with 10.5 strikeouts per nine innings, in eight games this season. Opponents have a .212 batting average against him.
- Cole is trying to claim his sixth quality start in a row in this game.
- Cole will aim to pitch five or more innings for his sixth straight appearance. He’s averaging 5.1 innings per outing.
- The opposing Orioles offense has the 28th-ranked slugging percentage (.348) and is 23rd in MLB play with 32 home runs. It has a collective .227 batting average, and is 16th in MLB with 323 total hits and 25th in MLB play scoring 147 runs.
- Head-to-head against the Orioles this season, Cole has pitched seven innings, giving up two earned runs on six hits while striking out five.
- Among qualifying pitchers in MLB action this season, the 31-year-old’s 2.89 ERA ranks 24th, 1.076 WHIP ranks 22nd, and 10.5 K/9 ranks 10th.
Orioles Starter Jordan Lyles
- The Orioles’ Lyles (2-4) will make his ninth start of the season.
- The right-hander’s last appearance was on Wednesday, when he threw seven innings against the New York Yankees, giving up two earned runs while allowing five hits.
- The 31-year-old has an ERA of 4.30 and 7.8 strikeouts per nine innings with an opponent batting average of .279 in eight games this season.
- He has earned a quality start three times in eight starts this season.
- Lyles will look to pitch five or more innings for the fifth start in a row.
- The Yankees have scored 195 runs this season, which ranks fifth in MLB. They have 326 hits, 12th in baseball, with 57 home runs (second in the league).
- The right-hander has faced the Yankees three times this season, allowing them to go 18-for-69 with three doubles, three home runs and nine RBI in 17 innings.
- Among qualified pitchers in the majors this season, the 31-year-old ranks 48th in ERA (4.30), 52nd in WHIP (1.391), and 32nd in K/9 (7.8).
Yankees Betting Picks & Insights
- The Yankees have won 26, or 68.4%, of the 38 games they’ve played as favorites this season.
- New York has not entered a game this season with shorter moneyline odds than -327.
- The implied probability of a win from the Yankees, based on the moneyline, is 76.6%.
- So far this season, New York and its opponents have hit the over in 17 of their 40 games with a total.
- The Yankees are 20-20-0 ATS in their 40 games with a spread this season.
Orioles Betting Picks & Insights
- The Orioles have been victorious in 15, or 37.5%, of the 40 contests they have been chosen as underdogs in this season.
- Baltimore has yet to play a game this season with longer moneyline odds than +260.
- The Orioles have an implied victory probability of 27.8% according to the moneyline set by sportsbooks for this matchup.
- Baltimore and their opponents have gone over in 14 of their 43 games with a total set by sportsbooks this season.
- The Orioles have an against the spread mark of 25-18-0 in 43 games with a line this season.
Yankees Leaders & Batting Stats
- Aaron Judge provides the Yankees with an injection of both power and average, leading the team in homers with 15 and hitting at .318. He has also knocked in 31 runs this season.
- Of all hitters in the majors, Judge is first in homers and seventh in RBI.
- Judge takes a hitting streak of four games into this game. During his last five outings he is batting .333 with a double, a home run, three walks and an RBI.
- Anthony Rizzo is batting .228 with eight doubles, a triple, 10 home runs and 19 walks.
- Including all MLB hitters, Rizzo is seventh in homers and 20th in RBI.
- Giancarlo Stanton paces the Yankees with 35 runs batted in.
- DJ LeMahieu is hitting .259 with nine doubles, three home runs and 14 walks.
Orioles Leaders & Batting Stats
- Cedric Mullins has eight doubles, a triple, five home runs and 11 walks while hitting .249.
- Among all batters in MLB, Mullins ranks 59th in homers and 108th in RBI.
- Anthony Santander been a consistent power bat this season, as he leads his team with seven home runs and 21 RBI.
- Santander ranks 31st in home runs and 41st in RBI among all hitters in the majors.
- Austin Hays has 11 doubles, three home runs and 14 walks while batting .288.
- Trey Mancini leads the Orioles with a team-leading batting average of .297.
Betting Tips for Yankees vs. Orioles
Our best bet is the Orioles on the moneyline at +260 after digging through all of the key trends and stats for this matchup. Our computer predicts the total score will over the total of 7.5 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price