The New York Yankees (27-9) will look to Aaron Judge, red hot after a four-hit game, to lead them in a matchup with the Baltimore Orioles (14-23) on Wednesday at 7:05 PM ET. The Yankees are -258 favorites for the contest, according to oddsmakers. New York’s Gerrit Cole gets the start, and he’ll go against Baltimore’s Jordan Lyles.
Table of Contents
Yankees vs. Orioles Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Yankees vs. Orioles
Our computer pick: Baltimore Orioles (+211) and Over (7.5)
Yankees vs. Orioles Game Info
- New York Yankees probable starting pitcher: Gerrit Cole
- Baltimore Orioles probable starting pitcher: Jordan Lyles
- Game Day: Wednesday, May 18, 2022
- Game Time: 7:05 PM ET
- Location: Baltimore, Maryland
- Stadium: Oriole Park at Camden Yards
New York Yankees vs Baltimore Orioles Pitching Matchup
Yankees Starter Gerrit Cole
- Cole (3-0 with a 2.95 ERA and 46 strikeouts in 36 2/3 innings pitched) gets the start for the Yankees, his eighth of the season.
- In his most recent time out on Saturday against the Chicago White Sox, the right-hander threw 6 1/3 innings, allowing three earned runs while surrendering six hits.
- The 31-year-old has an ERA of 2.95, with 11.3 strikeouts per nine innings, in seven games this season. Opponents are hitting .210 against him.
- Cole is trying to earn his fifth straight quality start in this outing.
- Cole will look to continue a five-game streak of going five or more innings (he’s averaging 5.1 frames per outing).
- He will take the mound against an Orioles offense that ranks 19th in MLB with 278 total hits (on a .226 batting average). The team also slugs a collective .346 (26th in MLB) with 28 total home runs (23rd in MLB).
- Among pitchers who qualify in MLB play this season, the 31-year-old ranks 22nd in ERA (2.95), 26th in WHIP (1.118), and fourth in K/9 (11.3).
Orioles Starter Jordan Lyles
- The Orioles will hand the ball to Lyles (2-3) for his eighth start of the season.
- The right-hander’s last start was on Friday, when he tossed 5 2/3 innings while giving up four earned runs on six hits in a matchup with the Detroit Tigers.
- The 31-year-old has pitched in seven games this season with an ERA of 4.62 and 7.4 strikeouts per nine innings, with an opponent batting average of .294.
- He has earned a quality start two times in seven starts this season.
- Lyles has three starts in a row of five innings or more.
- The Yankees have scored 178 runs this season, which ranks fourth in MLB. They are batting .244 for the campaign with 54 home runs, second in the league.
- This season, the right-hander has pitched against the Yankees in two games, and they have gone 13-for-43 with two doubles, three home runs and seven RBI over 10 innings.
- Among qualified pitchers in the majors this season, the 31-year-old ranks 48th in ERA (4.62), 54th in WHIP (1.513), and 37th in K/9 (7.4).
Yankees Betting Picks & Insights
- This season, the Yankees have been favored 33 times and won 24, or 72.7%, of those games.
- New York has played as a favorite of -258 or more once this season and won that game.
- The implied probability of a win from the Yankees, based on the moneyline, is 72.1%.
- New York and its opponents have hit the over in 15 of their 35 games with a total this season.
- The Yankees are 19-16-0 ATS in their 35 games with a spread this season.
Orioles Betting Picks & Insights
- The Orioles have been underdogs in 35 games this season and have come away with the win 12 times (34.3%) in those contests.
- Baltimore has been listed as an underdog of +211 or more on two occasions this season and split those games.
- The Orioles have an implied victory probability of 32.2% according to the moneyline set for this matchup.
- Baltimore and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 11 of their 38 opportunities.
- The Orioles are 21-17-0 against the spread in their 38 games with a line set by sportsbooks this season.
Yankees Leaders & Batting Stats
- Judge has put up a team-best batting average of .315, while pacing the Yankees in home runs (14).
- In all of Major League Baseball, Judge ranks first in home runs and third in RBI.
- Anthony Rizzo is hitting .225 with six doubles, a triple, 10 home runs and 16 walks.
- Rizzo is fourth in home runs and 15th in RBI on the season.
- Rizzo heads into this game looking for his third game in a row with a hit. In his last five games he is batting .182 with a double, a triple, a home run, two walks and two RBI.
- Giancarlo Stanton has racked up a team-best 32 runs batted in.
- Stanton is on a two-game hitting streak entering this contest. During his last five outings he is batting .350 with two doubles, a home run, three walks and four RBI.
- DJ LeMahieu has nine doubles, two home runs and 13 walks while hitting .270.
Orioles Leaders & Batting Stats
- Cedric Mullins has eight doubles, a triple, five home runs and nine walks while hitting .253.
- In all of the majors, Mullins ranks 48th in home runs and 91st in RBI.
- Anthony Santander been a consistent power bat this season, as he leads his team with six home runs and 16 RBI.
- Santander ranks 34th in homers and 73rd in RBI among all hitters in the majors.
- Austin Hays has nine doubles, three home runs and 12 walks while hitting .281.
- Trey Mancini leads the team in batting average with a high-water mark of .289.
Betting Tips for Yankees vs. Orioles
After analyzing all of the key stats and trends for this matchup, our best bet is the Orioles on the moneyline at +211. Our computer picks see the scoring going over the total of 7.5 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price