The Baltimore Orioles (14-22) and Anthony Santander (2 HR in his last game) are underdogs (+188) on the moneyline for their matchup with the New York Yankees (26-9) on Tuesday at 7:05 PM ET. Jameson Taillon will get the ball for New York while Baltimore counter with Spenser Watkins.
Table of Contents
Yankees vs. Orioles Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Yankees vs. Orioles
Our computer pick: Baltimore Orioles (+188) and Over (8.5)
Yankees vs. Orioles Game Info
- New York Yankees probable starting pitcher: Jameson Taillon
- Baltimore Orioles probable starting pitcher: Spenser Watkins
- Game Day: Tuesday, May 17, 2022
- Game Time: 7:05 PM ET
- Location: Baltimore, Maryland
- Stadium: Oriole Park at Camden Yards
New York Yankees vs Baltimore Orioles Pitching Matchup
Yankees Starter Jameson Taillon
- Taillon gets the start for the Yankees, his seventh of the season. He is 3-1 with a 2.93 ERA and 25 strikeouts in 30 2/3 innings pitched.
- In his last appearance on Wednesday, the righty went 5 1/3 innings against the Toronto Blue Jays, giving up two earned runs while surrendering six hits.
- The 30-year-old has a 2.93 ERA and 7.3 strikeouts per nine innings across six games this season, while allowing a batting average of .273 to his opponents.
- Taillon has one quality start under his belt this season.
- Taillon will try to build upon a three-game streak of lasting five or more innings (he’s averaging 5.0 frames per appearance).
- The opposing Orioles offense has a collective .225 batting average, and is 19th in the league with 269 total hits and 29th in MLB play with 116 runs scored. It has the 27th-ranked slugging percentage (.343) and ranks 23rd in home runs (27) in all of MLB.
- Head-to-head against the Orioles this season, Taillon has thrown 9 1/3 innings, giving up four earned runs on 10 hits while striking out six.
Orioles Starter Spenser Watkins
- Watkins (0-1) will take the mound for the Orioles, his seventh start of the season.
- The right-hander gave up seven earned runs in 3 2/3 innings pitched on Wednesday in his last outing, a matchup with the St. Louis Cardinals.
- The 29-year-old has pitched to a 5.19 ERA this season with 4.5 strikeouts per nine innings compared to 4.2 walks per nine across six games.
- Watkins has not earned a quality start in six starts this season.
- In six starts, Watkins has pitched through or past the fifth inning two times. He has a season average of 4.1 frames per outing.
- The Yankees rank ninth in MLB with a .242 batting average this season. They have a team slugging percentage that ranks second in the league (.423) and 52 home runs.
Yankees Betting Picks & Insights
- This season, the Yankees have won 23 out of the 32 games, or 71.9%, in which they’ve been favored.
- New York has entered five games this season favored by -227 or more, and won each of those games.
- The bookmakers’ moneyline implies a 69.4% chance of a victory for the Yankees.
- So far this season, New York and its opponents have hit the over in 14 of their 34 games with a total.
- In 34 games with a spread this season, the Yankees are 19-15-0 ATS.
Orioles Betting Picks & Insights
- The Orioles have been underdogs in 34 games this season and have come away with the win 12 times (35.3%) in those contests.
- Baltimore has a win-loss record of 1-5 when favored by +188 or worse by bookmakers this year.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Orioles have a 34.7% chance of walking away with the win.
- Contests with Baltimore have gone over the total set by bookmakers in 10 of 37 chances this season.
- In 37 games with a line this season, the Orioles have a mark of 20-17-0 against the spread.
Yankees Leaders & Batting Stats
- Aaron Judge paces the Yankees with 12 home runs while racking up a team-high batting average of .296.
- In all of the majors, Judge is first in home runs and sixth in RBI.
- Anthony Rizzo is batting .224 with five doubles, a triple, 10 home runs and 15 walks.
- Rizzo ranks fourth in home runs and 12th in RBI among all hitters in baseball.
- Giancarlo Stanton has racked up a team-high 32 runs batted in.
- DJ LeMahieu is batting .270 with nine doubles, two home runs and 13 walks.
Orioles Leaders & Batting Stats
- Cedric Mullins has eight doubles, a triple, five home runs and eight walks while hitting .253.
- Among all hitters in the majors, Mullins’ home run total is 46th and his RBI tally ranks 85th.
- Santander has hit six home runs with 16 RBI, leading the team in both categories.
- Santander is 31st among all batters in the big leagues in homers, and 69th in RBI.
- Austin Hays has a team-high batting average of .291.
- Trey Mancini is batting .282 with four doubles, three home runs and 11 walks.
Betting Tips for Yankees vs. Orioles
After looking at all of the key trends and stats for this matchup, our best bet is the Orioles on the moneyline at +188. Our computer prediction sees the scoring going over the total of 8.5 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price