The Baltimore Orioles (14-21) will try to end their three-game losing streak when they host the New York Yankees (25-9) on Monday at 7:05 PM ET. Oddsmakers consider the Yankees to be -222 favorites for the contest, while the Orioles are +183 underdogs looking for the upset. Luis Severino will get the ball for New York while Baltimore counter with Kyle Bradish.
Table of Contents
Yankees vs. Orioles Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Yankees vs. Orioles
Our computer pick: Baltimore Orioles (+183) and Over (8.5)
Yankees vs. Orioles Game Info
- New York Yankees probable starting pitcher: Luis Severino
- Baltimore Orioles probable starting pitcher: Kyle Bradish
- Game Day: Monday, May 16, 2022
- Game Time: 7:05 PM ET
- Location: Baltimore, Maryland
- Stadium: Oriole Park at Camden Yards
New York Yankees vs Baltimore Orioles Pitching Matchup
Yankees Starter Luis Severino
- Severino gets the start for the Yankees, his seventh of the season. He is 2-0 with a 4.08 ERA and 31 strikeouts in 28 2/3 innings pitched.
- In his most recent appearance on Tuesday against the Toronto Blue Jays, the right-hander threw 4 2/3 innings, giving up three earned runs while surrendering five hits.
- The 28-year-old has amassed a 4.08 ERA and 9.7 strikeouts per nine innings across six games this season, while giving up a batting average of .259 to his opponents.
- Severino is yet to notch a quality start so far this season.
- Severino has pitched five or more innings in a game four times this year entering this matchup.
- He will face off against an Orioles offense that ranks 16th in MLB with 266 total hits (on a .228 batting average). The team also slugs a collective .344 (26th in MLB) with 25 total home runs (25th in MLB).
- Head-to-head against the Orioles this season, Severino has thrown six innings, giving up four earned runs on three hits while striking out five.
Orioles Starter Kyle Bradish
- The Orioles’ Bradish (1-1) will make his fourth start of the season.
- The right-hander last pitched on Tuesday, when he gave up two earned runs and allowed four hits in seven innings against the St. Louis Cardinals.
- The 25-year-old has an ERA of 4.24 and 8.5 strikeouts per nine innings with an opponent batting average of .254 in three games this season.
- He has two quality starts in three chances this season.
- Bradish has two starts of five or more innings this season in three chances. He averages 5.2 innings per outing.
- The Yankees are batting .241 this season, eighth in MLB. They have a team slugging percentage of .418 (fourth in the league) with 49 home runs.
Yankees Betting Picks & Insights
- The Yankees have entered the game as favorites 31 times this season and won 22, or 71%, of those games.
- New York has entered five games this season favored by -222 or more, and won each of those games.
- The implied probability of a win from the Yankees, based on the moneyline, is 68.9%.
- So far this season, New York and its opponents have hit the over in 14 of their 33 games with a total.
- The Yankees are 18-15-0 against the spread in their 33 chances this season.
Orioles Betting Picks & Insights
- The Orioles have won in 12, or 36.4%, of the 33 contests they have been named as odds-on underdogs in this year.
- This season, Baltimore has been victorious one time in six chances when named as an underdog of at least +183 or longer on the moneyline.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Orioles have a 35.3% chance of coming away with a victory in the contest.
- Contests with Baltimore have gone over the total set by sportsbooks in 10 of 36 chances this season.
- The Orioles have posted a record of 20-16-0 against the spread this season.
Yankees Leaders & Batting Stats
- Aaron Judge has accumulated a team-high batting average of .296, while pacing the Yankees in home runs (12).
- Among all hitters in MLB, Judge is first in homers and fifth in RBI.
- Anthony Rizzo has five doubles, a triple, nine home runs and 15 walks while batting .225.
- Rizzo ranks fifth in home runs and 14th in RBI among all MLB hitters this season.
- Giancarlo Stanton has a team-high 31 runs batted in.
- DJ LeMahieu has nine doubles, two home runs and 13 walks while batting .282.
Orioles Leaders & Batting Stats
- Cedric Mullins has swatted a team-high five long balls.
- In all of the big leagues, Mullins is 43rd in homers and 72nd in RBI.
- Austin Hays has a club-leading .291 batting average.
- Hays ranks 98th overall in homers and 124th in RBI this season.
- Anthony Santander is batting .224 with three doubles, four home runs and 19 walks.
- Trey Mancini is batting .289 with four doubles, three home runs and 10 walks.
Betting Tips for Yankees vs. Orioles
Our best bet is the Orioles on the moneyline at +183 after analyzing all of the key trends and statistics for this matchup. Our computer predicts the total score will over the total of 8.5 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price