Seeking their 12th win of the year, the New York Yankees (11-6) are favorites (-222) on the moneyline when they take on the Baltimore Orioles (6-11) Thursday at 1:05 PM ET. New York’s Jameson Taillon gets the start, and he’ll go against Baltimore’s Bruce Zimmermann.
Table of Contents
Yankees vs. Orioles Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Yankees vs. Orioles
Our computer pick: Baltimore Orioles (+186) and Over (8)
Yankees vs. Orioles Game Info
- New York Yankees probable starting pitcher: Jameson Taillon
- Baltimore Orioles probable starting pitcher: Bruce Zimmermann
- Game Day: Thursday, April 28, 2022
- Game Time: 1:05 PM ET
- Location: The Bronx, New York
- Stadium: Yankee Stadium
New York Yankees vs Baltimore Orioles Pitching Matchup
Yankees Starter Jameson Taillon
- Taillon (1-1) gets the starting nod for the Yankees in his fourth start of the season. He has a 3.07 ERA in 14 2/3 innings pitched, with 13 strikeouts.
- The right-hander’s most recent appearance was on Friday against the Cleveland Guardians, when he tossed five innings, surrendering one earned run while allowing seven hits.
- The 30-year-old has put up an ERA of 3.07, with 8.0 strikeouts per nine innings, in three games this season. Opposing hitters have a .263 batting average against him.
- He will face an Orioles offense that is hitting .208 as a unit (27th in MLB). It is also slugging a collective .294 (30th in MLB) with seven total home runs (30th in MLB).
- Head-to-head against the Orioles this season, Taillon has pitched 4 2/3 innings, giving up two earned runs on three hits while striking out two.
Orioles Starter Bruce Zimmermann
- The Orioles’ Zimmermann (1-0) will make his fourth start of the season.
- The left-hander last pitched on Saturday, when he gave up two earned runs and allowed five hits in six innings against the Los Angeles Angels.
- The 27-year-old has an ERA of 1.20, 9.6 strikeouts per nine innings and an opponent batting average of .231 in three games this season.
- In three starts this season, he’s earned one quality start.
- Zimmermann has two starts in a row of five innings or more.
- The Yankees have scored 63 runs this season, which ranks 23rd in MLB. They are batting .236 for the campaign with 19 home runs, ninth in the league.
- The Yankees have gone 4-for-18 in five innings this season against the left-hander.
Yankees Betting Picks & Insights
- The Yankees have entered the game as favorites 16 times this season and won 10, or 62.5%, of those games.
- New York has played as a favorite of -222 or more once this season and won that game.
- Oddsmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Yankees have a 68.9% chance to win.
- New York and its opponents have hit the over in five of their 16 games with a total this season.
- The Yankees have an ATS record of 8-8-0 in 16 games with a spread this season.
Orioles Betting Picks & Insights
- The Orioles have been chosen as underdogs in 17 games this year and have walked away with the win six times (35.3%) in those games.
- Baltimore has a win-loss record of 1-2 when favored by +186 or worse by bookmakers this year.
- The Orioles have an implied victory probability of 35% according to the moneyline set for this matchup.
- Baltimore and their opponents have hit the over in three of their 17 games with a total set by oddsmakers this season.
- The Orioles have an against the spread mark of 10-7-0 in 17 games with a line this season.
Yankees Leaders & Batting Stats
- Anthony Rizzo has gone yard five times in the 2022 campaign while knocking in 12 runs, both totals that lead the Yankees.
- Among all MLB hitters, Rizzo ranks 77th in batting average, 37th in on-base percentage, and 16th in slugging.
- Rizzo has collected a hit in six straight games. In his last 10 outings he is batting .250 with two doubles, two home runs, three walks and five RBI.
- Aaron Judge is hitting .279 with five doubles, three home runs and eight walks.
- Judge ranks 32nd in home runs and 160th in RBI among all hitters in MLB.
- Judge carries a two-game streak with at least one hit into this matchup. In his last five games he is hitting .353 with a double, two home runs, three walks and three RBI.
- DJ LeMahieu has racked up a team-high batting average of .315.
- Isiah Kiner-Falefa has four doubles and three walks while batting .302.
- Kiner-Falefa has recorded at least one hit in seven straight games. In his last 10 outings he is batting .364 with two doubles, two walks and five RBI.
Orioles Leaders & Batting Stats
- Cedric Mullins paces the Orioles with two long balls and runs batted in, driving in eight.
- Among all hitters in MLB, Mullins is 67th in homers and 78th in RBI.
- Mullins has collected a hit in three straight games. During his last five outings he is hitting .278 with two doubles and three walks.
- Anthony Santander’s two home runs pace his team.
- Among all MLB hitters, Santander ranks 67th in home runs and 200th in RBI.
- Austin Hays is hitting .233 with four doubles, a home run and seven walks.
- Trey Mancini is batting .226 with three doubles, a home run and six walks.
Betting Tips for Yankees vs. Orioles
After digging through all of the key statistics and trends for this matchup, our best bet is the Orioles on the moneyline at +186. Our computer picks see the scoring going over the total of 8 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price