Expect a display of power when Anthony Rizzo (4 HR) and the New York Yankees (9-6) take on Jose Ramirez (4 HR) and the Cleveland Guardians (7-6) at Yankee Stadium at 1:35 PM ET. Rizzo and the Yankees are -215 favorites on the moneyline for the matchup. New York’s Gerrit Cole and Cleveland’s Aaron Civale have been named the starters for this contest.
Table of Contents
Yankees vs. Guardians Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Yankees vs. Guardians
Our computer pick: Cleveland Guardians (+180) and Over (7)
Yankees vs. Guardians Game Info
- New York Yankees probable starting pitcher: Gerrit Cole
- Cleveland Guardians probable starting pitcher: Aaron Civale
- Game Day: Sunday, April 24, 2022
- Game Time: 1:35 PM ET
- Location: The Bronx, New York
- Stadium: Yankee Stadium
New York Yankees vs Cleveland Guardians Pitching Matchup
Yankees Starter Gerrit Cole
- The Yankees are sending Cole (0-0) to the mound for his fourth start of the season. He is 0-0 with a 6.35 ERA and 12 strikeouts through 11 1/3 innings pitched.
- In his most recent time out on Tuesday, the righty went 1 2/3 innings against the Detroit Tigers, giving up two earned runs while surrendering one hit.
- The 31-year-old has amassed an ERA of 6.35, with 9.5 strikeouts per nine innings, in three games this season. Opponents are hitting .220 against him.
- He meets a Guardians offense that ranks second in the league with 72 runs while batting .273 as a unit. It has a collective .446 slugging percentage (first in MLB play) and has hit a total of 14 home runs (sixth in MLB).
Guardians Starter Aaron Civale
- Civale heads to the mound for the Guardians to make his second start of the season, seeking his first win.
- The right-hander last pitched on Monday, April 11 against the Kansas City Royals, throwing 3 1/3 innings and giving up two earned runs.
- He has pitched in one games this season with an ERA of 5.40, a batting average against of .267 and 8.1 strikeouts per nine innings.
- The Yankees rank 21st in MLB with 48 runs scored this season. They have a .225 batting average this campaign with 14 home runs (sixth in the league).
Yankees Betting Picks & Insights
- The Yankees have won eight, or 57.1%, of the 14 games they’ve played as favorites this season.
- New York has played as a favorite of -215 or more once this season and won that game.
- The sportsbooks’ moneyline implies a 68.3% chance of a victory for the Yankees.
- New York and its opponents have hit the over in four of their 14 games with a total this season.
- In 14 games with a spread this season, the Yankees are 6-8-0 ATS.
Guardians Betting Picks & Insights
- The Guardians have been underdogs in eight games this season and have come away with the win four times (50%) in those contests.
- Cleveland has yet to play a game this season with longer moneyline odds than +180.
- The Guardians have an implied victory probability of 35.7% according to the moneyline set by sportsbooks for this matchup.
- Cleveland and their opponents have hit the over in seven of their 14 games with a total set by oddsmakers this season.
- The Guardians have posted a record of 8-6-0 against the spread this season.
Yankees Leaders & Batting Stats
- Rizzo has gone yard four times in the 2022 campaign while driving in 10 runs, both totals that lead the Yankees.
- Of all hitters in the majors, Rizzo’s home run total places him sixth, and his RBI tally puts him 13th.
- Aaron Judge is hitting .259 with four doubles, three home runs and seven walks.
- Judge is 14th in homers and 98th in RBI among all major league hitters this year.
- Judge carries a two-game streak with at least one hit into this contest. During his last five outings he is hitting .263 with a double, two home runs, two walks and four RBI.
- Isiah Kiner-Falefa leads the Yankees with a .298 batting average.
- Kiner-Falefa is on a two-game hitting streak entering this contest. During his last five outings he is hitting .421 with two doubles, a walk and four RBI.
- Aaron Hicks is batting .275 with a home run and eight walks.
Guardians Leaders & Batting Stats
- Ramirez paces the Guardians in home runs (four), runs batted in (20) and has a team-high batting average of .373.
- Ramirez’s home run total puts him sixth in the majors, and he ranks first in RBI.
- Ramirez has collected a hit in 10 straight games. During his last 10 outings he is batting .359 with three doubles, a triple, three home runs, three walks and 16 RBI.
- Steven Kwan is hitting .357 with five doubles, a triple and nine walks.
- Kwan is currently 208th in home runs and 49th in RBI in the major leagues.
- Myles Straw has two doubles, a triple and eight walks while batting .294.
- Oscar Mercado is hitting .205 with two doubles, a triple and three home runs.
Betting Tips for Yankees vs. Guardians
Our best bet is the Guardians on the moneyline at +180 after looking at all of the key stats and trends for this matchup. Our computer predicts the scoring will over the total of 7 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price