Two of the league’s top power hitters meet Saturday when the New York Yankees (8-6) and Cleveland Guardians (7-5) take the field at 1:05 PM ET. Anthony Rizzo has four home runs for the Yankees (-188 favorites on the moneyline) while Jose Ramirez has four homers this season for the Guardians (+163). Nestor Cortes Jr. will get the ball for New York while Cleveland counter with Cal Quantrill.
Table of Contents
Yankees vs. Guardians Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Yankees vs. Guardians
Our computer pick: Cleveland Guardians (+163) and Over (8.5)
Yankees vs. Guardians Game Info
- New York Yankees probable starting pitcher: Nestor Cortes Jr.
- Cleveland Guardians probable starting pitcher: Cal Quantrill
- Game Day: Saturday, April 23, 2022
- Game Time: 1:05 PM ET
- Location: The Bronx, New York
- Stadium: Yankee Stadium
New York Yankees vs Cleveland Guardians Pitching Matchup
Yankees Starter Nestor Cortes Jr.
- Nestor Cortes Jr. (0-0) pitches for the Yankees to make his third start this season.
- The left-hander last appeared on Sunday against the Baltimore Orioles, when he went five scoreless innings while giving up three hits.
- He has a .00 ERA and 16.4 strikeouts per nine innings while opponents are batting .176 against him over his two appearances this season.
- The opposing Guardians offense has the best slugging percentage (.454) and ranks 13th in MLB play with 12 home runs. It has a collective .282 batting average, and is first in MLB with 120 total hits and second in MLB play scoring 68 runs.
Guardians Starter Cal Quantrill
- The Guardians will send Quantrill to the mound for his third start of the season.
- The right-hander’s last appearance was on Saturday, when he threw 4 2/3 innings, giving up two earned runs while allowing two hits against the San Francisco Giants.
- He has an ERA of 3.72, a 1 strikeout to walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.034 in two games this season.
- Quantrill has made one start of five or more innings in two chances this season, and averages 4.3 frames when he pitches.
- The Yankees rank 23rd in MLB with 43 runs scored this season. They have a .221 batting average this campaign with 13 home runs (10th in the league).
Yankees Betting Picks & Insights
- The Yankees have been favorites in 13 games this season and won seven (53.8%) of those contests.
- New York has a record of 1-2 in games where sportsbooks favor them by at least -188 on the moneyline.
- The implied probability of a win from the Yankees, based on the moneyline, is 65.3%.
- So far this season, New York and its opponents have hit the over in three of their 13 games with a total.
- The Yankees are 6-7-0 ATS in their 13 games with a spread this season.
Guardians Betting Picks & Insights
- The Guardians have been chosen as underdogs in seven games this year and have walked away with the win four times (57.1%) in those games.
- This is the worst odds of a win that sportsbooks have given Cleveland this season with a +163 moneyline set for this game.
- The Guardians have an implied victory probability of 38% according to the moneyline set by sportsbooks for this matchup.
- Cleveland’s games have gone over the total in six of their 13 opportunities.
- The Guardians have posted a record of 7-6-0 against the spread this season.
Yankees Leaders & Batting Stats
- Rizzo leads the Yankees in home runs (four) and runs batted in (10).
- In all of Major League Baseball, Rizzo is sixth in home runs and 12th in RBI.
- Aaron Judge is batting .280 with four doubles, three home runs and seven walks.
- Among all MLB hitters, Judge is 14th in home runs and 91st in RBI.
- Judge carries a two-game streak with at least one hit into this contest. During his last five outings he is batting .278 with a double, two home runs, three walks and four RBI.
- Aaron Hicks is batting .270 with a home run and seven walks.
- DJ LeMahieu’s .302 batting average leads his team.
- LeMahieu has recorded at least one hit in seven straight games. During his last 10 games he is hitting .324 with two doubles, three walks and three RBI.
Guardians Leaders & Batting Stats
- Ramirez leads the Guardians in home runs (four), runs batted in (20) and has recorded a team-best batting average of .404.
- Among all hitters in the majors, Ramirez ranks sixth in home runs and first in RBI.
- Ramirez has collected a hit in 10 straight games. During his last 10 outings he is batting .436 with four doubles, a triple, four home runs, four walks and 19 RBI.
- Steven Kwan is hitting .395 with five doubles, a triple and nine walks.
- Kwan ranks 204th in homers and 44th in RBI among all hitters in MLB.
- Myles Straw is batting .298 with two doubles, a triple and eight walks.
- Oscar Mercado has two doubles, a triple and three home runs while hitting .220.
Betting Tips for Yankees vs. Guardians
After analyzing all of the key trends and stats for this matchup, our best bet is the Guardians on the moneyline at +163. Our computer picks see the scoring going over the total of 8.5 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price