Two of the league’s top power hitters will meet Friday when the New York Yankees (7-6) and Cleveland Guardians (7-4) take the field at 7:05 PM ET. Anthony Rizzo has four home runs for the Yankees (-190 favorites on the moneyline) while Jose Ramirez has four homers this season for the Guardians (+170). Cleveland has not named a starter for this contest, while New York is projected to send Jameson Taillon to the mound.
Table of Contents
Yankees vs. Guardians Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Yankees vs. Guardians
Our computer pick: Cleveland Guardians (+170) and Over (9)
Yankees vs. Guardians Game Info
- New York Yankees probable starting pitcher: Jameson Taillon
- Game Day: Friday, April 22, 2022
- Game Time: 7:05 PM ET
- Location: The Bronx, New York
- Stadium: Yankee Stadium
Yankees Starter Jameson Taillon
- Taillon (0-1) gets the start for the Yankees, his third of the season.
- In two games this season, he has a 3.72 ERA and 7.4 strikeouts per nine innings, while opponents are hitting .222 against him.
- He meets a Guardians offense that ranks first in the league with 67 runs while batting .285 as a unit. It has a collective .456 slugging percentage (first in MLB play) and has hit a total of 11 home runs (13th in MLB).
Yankees Betting Picks & Insights
- The Yankees have been favorites in 12 games this season and won six (50%) of those contests.
- This season, New York has won one of its three games when favored by at least -190 on the moneyline.
- Bookmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Yankees have a 65.5% chance to win.
- New York and its opponents have gone over the total this season in three of their 12 opportunities.
- In 12 games with a spread this season, the Yankees are 5-7-0 ATS.
Guardians Betting Picks & Insights
- The Guardians have won in four of the six contests they have been named as odds-on underdogs in this year.
- This is the worst odds of a win that sportsbooks have given Cleveland this season with a +170 moneyline set for this game.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Guardians have a 37% chance of walking away with the win.
- Cleveland and their opponents have gone over in six of their 12 games with a total set by sportsbooks this season.
- The Guardians are 7-5-0 against the spread in their 12 games with a line set by sportsbooks this season.
Yankees Leaders & Batting Stats
- Rizzo has gone yard four times in the 2022 campaign while driving in 10 runs, both totals that lead the Yankees.
- Rizzo’s home runs put him fifth in the majors, and he is 10th in RBI.
- Aaron Hicks is hitting .270 with a home run and seven walks.
- Hicks ranks 81st in home runs and 164th in RBI among all hitters in the majors.
- DJ LeMahieu leads the Yankees with a .300 batting average.
- LeMahieu is on a seven-game hitting streak entering this contest. During his last 10 outings he is hitting .314 with two doubles, two walks and three RBI.
- Aaron Judge is hitting .255 with four doubles, a home run and six walks.
- Judge is riding a two-game hitting streak into this one. During his last five outings he is batting .222 with a double, three walks and an RBI.
Guardians Leaders & Batting Stats
- Ramirez paces the Guardians with four home runs and 20 runs batted in, while recording a team-best batting average of .442.
- Among all hitters in the majors, Ramirez’s home run total ranks fifth and his RBI tally ranks first.
- Ramirez has collected a hit in 10 games in a row. During his last 10 games he is hitting .462 with four doubles, a triple, four home runs, four walks and 19 RBI.
- Steven Kwan is batting .382 with four doubles, a triple and nine walks.
- Kwan ranks 195th overall in homers and 40th in RBI this year.
- Myles Straw has two doubles, a triple and eight walks while batting .326.
- Oscar Mercado has two doubles, a triple and three home runs while batting .225.
Betting Tips for Yankees vs. Guardians
We have the Guardians on the moneyline at +170 on the moneyline as our best bet in this contest after looking at all of the key stats and trends for this matchup. Our computer prediction sees the scoring going over the total of 9 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price