The New York Yankees (17-6) visit the Toronto Blue Jays (15-10) at 7:07 PM ET Wednesday for a sluggers’ duel between two of the best home-run hitters in baseball. Aaron Judge has racked up eight homers this season (No. 2 in the league) for the favored Yankees which sit as -138 favorites, while Vladimir Guerrero Jr. ranks eighth in the majors with six dingers of his own for the underdogs. New York’s Nestor Cortes Jr. gets the start, and he’ll go against Toronto’s Yusei Kikuchi.
Table of Contents
Yankees vs. Blue Jays Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Yankees vs. Blue Jays
Our computer pick: Toronto Blue Jays (+117) and Over (8)
Yankees vs. Blue Jays Game Info
- New York Yankees probable starting pitcher: Nestor Cortes Jr.
- Toronto Blue Jays probable starting pitcher: Yusei Kikuchi
- Game Day: Wednesday, May 4, 2022
- Game Time: 7:07 PM ET
- Location: Toronto, Ontario
- Stadium: Rogers Centre
New York Yankees vs Toronto Blue Jays Pitching Matchup
Yankees Starter Nestor Cortes Jr.
- Nestor Cortes Jr. gets the start for the Yankees, his fifth of the season. He is 1-0 with a 1.31 ERA and 28 strikeouts in 20 2/3 innings pitched.
- The lefty’s most recent time out came on Saturday against the Kansas City Royals, when he went five innings, surrendering one earned run while giving up eight hits.
- The 27-year-old has a 1.31 ERA and 12.2 strikeouts per nine innings in four games this season, while giving up a batting average of .200 to opposing hitters.
- Cortes will aim to last five or more innings for his fourth straight appearance. He’s averaging 5.1 innings per outing.
- The opposing Blue Jays offense has a collective .244 batting average, and is third in the league with 203 total hits and 18th in MLB action with 95 runs scored. It has the fourth-ranked slugging percentage (.406) and ranks first in home runs (31) in all of MLB.
- Cortes has thrown 4 1/3 innings without giving up an earned run on three hits, while striking out five against the Blue Jays this season.
Blue Jays Starter Yusei Kikuchi
- Kikuchi (0-1) will take the mound for the Blue Jays, his fifth start of the season.
- The left-hander last pitched on Friday, when he gave up four earned runs and allowed four hits in 2 2/3 innings against the Houston Astros.
- The 30-year-old has pitched in four games this season with an ERA of 5.52, a 1 strikeout to walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.909.
- In four starts, Kikuchi has pitched through or past the fifth inning one time. He has a season average of 3.2 frames per outing.
- The Yankees have scored 106 runs this season, which ranks sixth in MLB. They are batting .243 for the campaign with 29 home runs, third in the league.
- The Yankees have gone 5-for-14 with two doubles, a home run and two RBI in 3 1/3 innings this season against the left-hander.
Yankees Betting Picks & Insights
- The Yankees have entered the game as favorites 21 times this season and won 15, or 71.4%, of those games.
- This season, New York has won 13 of its 18 games, or 72.2%, when favored by at least -138 on the moneyline.
- The implied probability of a win from the Yankees, based on the moneyline, is 58%.
- New York’s games have gone over the total in nine of their 22 chances.
- The Yankees are 13-9-0 against the spread this season.
Blue Jays Betting Picks & Insights
- The Blue Jays have been victorious in three of the seven contests they have been chosen as underdogs in this season.
- This year, Toronto has won two of three games when listed as at least +117 or worse on the moneyline.
- The Blue Jays have an implied victory probability of 46.1% according to the moneyline set by oddsmakers for this matchup.
- Contests with Toronto have gone over the total set by oddsmakers in eight of 24 chances this season.
- The Blue Jays have an against the spread mark of 10-14-0 in 24 games with a line this season.
Yankees Leaders & Batting Stats
- Judge is the Yankees best power hitter, launching eight long balls this season in addition to accumulating 18 RBI, both team highs.
- Judge’s home runs put him second in the majors, and he is sixth in RBI.
- Judge has collected a hit in seven games in a row. During his last 10 outings he is hitting .350 with two doubles, seven home runs, three walks and 16 RBI.
- Anthony Rizzo is batting .229 with four doubles, six home runs and 10 walks.
- Rizzo ranks eighth in home runs in the majors, and 15th in RBI.
- DJ LeMahieu is hitting .289 with five doubles, two home runs and seven walks.
- LeMahieu has at least one base hit in two games in a row. During his last five outings he is hitting .227 with two doubles, a walk and two RBI.
- Isiah Kiner-Falefa’s .300 batting average paces his team.
- Kiner-Falefa brings a three-game streak with at least one hit into this one. In his last five games he is hitting .294 with two doubles, two walks and two RBI.
Blue Jays Leaders & Batting Stats
- Vladimir Guerrero Jr. leads the Blue Jays in home runs (six) and runs batted in (16).
- Guerrero’s home run total places him eighth in the majors, and he ranks 12th in RBI.
- Guerrero carries a two-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last five games he is batting .211 with two doubles, a home run, a walk and three RBI.
- George Springer has showcased his ability as a power hitter this season, as he paces his team with six home runs with a club-best .289 batting average.
- George Springer is currently eighth in home runs and 48th in RBI in the major leagues.
- Lourdes Gurriel Jr. is batting .275 with six doubles, two home runs and four walks.
- Santiago Espinal is batting .253 with seven doubles, two home runs and six walks.
|Vladimir Guerrero Jr.||24||.287||.354||.540||6||16||25|
|Lourdes Gurriel Jr.||25||.275||.313||.407||2||10||25|
Betting Tips for Yankees vs. Blue Jays
Our best bet is the Blue Jays on the moneyline at +117 after analyzing all of the key trends and statistics for this matchup. Our computer projects the scoring will over the total of 8 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price