The New York Yankees (15-6) visit the Toronto Blue Jays (15-8) at 7:07 PM ET Monday for a sluggers’ duel between two of the best power hitters in MLB. For the favored Yankees (-119), Aaron Judge has racked up seven homers this season, second in the league, while George Springer ranks fifth in the majors with six dingers of his own this season for the underdogs. Jordan Montgomery takes the mound for New York while Ross Stripling is Toronto’s starter for the contest.
Table of Contents
Yankees vs. Blue Jays Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Yankees vs. Blue Jays
Our computer pick: Toronto Blue Jays (-101) and Over (8.5)
Yankees vs. Blue Jays Game Info
- New York Yankees probable starting pitcher: Jordan Montgomery
- Toronto Blue Jays probable starting pitcher: Ross Stripling
- Game Day: Monday, May 2, 2022
- Game Time: 7:07 PM ET
- Location: Toronto, Ontario
- Stadium: Rogers Centre
New York Yankees vs Toronto Blue Jays Pitching Matchup
Yankees Starter Jordan Montgomery
- Montgomery (0-1) takes the mound for the Yankees in his fifth start of the season. He’s put together a 2.70 ERA in 20 innings pitched, with 15 strikeouts.
- In his most recent time out on Wednesday, the left-hander threw 5 2/3 innings against the Baltimore Orioles, allowing two earned runs while surrendering four hits.
- In four games this season, the 29-year-old has a 2.70 ERA and 6.8 strikeouts per nine innings, while allowing a batting average of .194 to opposing hitters.
- Montgomery is seeking his fourth straight outing lasting five or more innings. He averages 5.0 frames per appearance on the mound.
- He will match up with a Blue Jays squad that is hitting .243 as a unit (eighth in MLB). It is also slugging a collective .410 (third in MLB) with 31 total home runs (first in MLB).
Blue Jays Starter Ross Stripling
- Stripling (0-0) will take the mound for the Blue Jays, his fourth start of the season.
- The right-hander gave up one earned run and allowed five hits in five innings pitched against the Boston Red Sox on Wednesday.
- The 32-year-old has pitched in five games this season with an ERA of 3.60, a 3 strikeout to walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.133.
- In three starts this season, Stripling has lasted five or more innings one time, with an average of 3.0 innings per appearance.
- The Yankees rank 10th in MLB with 94 runs scored this season. They have a .244 batting average this campaign with 26 home runs (fourth in the league).
Yankees Betting Picks & Insights
- The Yankees have been favorites in 20 games this season and won 14 (70%) of those contests.
- New York has a record of 14-6, a 70% win rate, when favored by -119 or more by bookmakers this season.
- The implied probability of a win from the Yankees, based on the moneyline, is 54.3%.
- New York’s games have gone over the total in eight of their 20 chances.
- The Yankees are 12-8-0 against the spread this season.
Blue Jays Betting Picks & Insights
- The Blue Jays have been underdogs in six games this season and have come away with the win three times (50%) in those contests.
- Toronto has a win-loss record of 2-3 when favored by -101 or worse by sportsbooks this year.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Blue Jays have a 50.2% chance of coming away with a victory in the contest.
- Toronto and its opponents have gone over the total this season in seven of their 22 opportunities.
- The Blue Jays have an against the spread record of 9-13-0 in 22 games with a line this season.
Yankees Leaders & Batting Stats
- Judge is the Yankees best power option, hitting seven long balls this season in addition to collecting 15 RBI, both team highs.
- Judge ranks second in home runs and ninth in RBI among all hitters in baseball.
- Judge carries a five-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last five outings he is batting .381 with a double, four home runs, a walk and 10 RBI.
- Anthony Rizzo’s 15 runs batted in are a team-high mark.
- Rizzo ranks fifth in home runs and ninth in RBI in the major leagues.
- DJ LeMahieu is batting .292 with five doubles, two home runs and seven walks.
- Isiah Kiner-Falefa is hitting .306 to pace his team.
Blue Jays Leaders & Batting Stats
- Springer leads the Blue Jays with six home runs and has accumulated a team-best batting average of .289.
- Among all hitters in the majors, Springer ranks fifth in homers and 40th in RBI.
- Vladimir Guerrero Jr. been a consistent power bat this season, as he leads his team with six home runs and 16 runs batted in.
- Among all major league batters, Guerrero is fifth in home runs and seventh in RBI.
- Lourdes Gurriel Jr. paces the Blue Jays’ lineup with a .289 batting average.
- Santiago Espinal is batting .264 with six doubles, two home runs and six walks.
|Vladimir Guerrero Jr.||22||.275||.341||.525||6||16||22|
|Lourdes Gurriel Jr.||23||.289||.330||.434||2||10||24|
Betting Tips for Yankees vs. Blue Jays
After taking a look at all of the key statistics and trends for this matchup, our best bet is the Blue Jays on the moneyline at -101. Our computer prediction sees the scoring going over the total of 8.5 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price