On Tuesday the St. Louis Blues go on the road to square off against the Minnesota Wild for Game 5 of the NHL Playoffs First Round, beginning at 9:30 PM ET. The series is tied up at 2-2. The Blues are underdogs on the road, at +118, and the Wild are -140. Find more below on the Wild vs. Blues betting line, injury report, head-to-head stats, best bets and more.
Table of Contents
Wild vs. Blues Spread and Betting Line
Wild vs. Blues Game Info
- Game Day: Tuesday, May 10, 2022
- Game Time: 9:30 PM ET
- Location: Saint Paul, Minnesota
- Arena: Xcel Energy Center
Computer Predictions for Wild vs. Blues
|Blues (+1.5)||Over (6.5)||Wild 4 Blues 3|
Wild vs. Blues Betting Trends
- Minnesota has won 43 of its 63 games as a favorite this season.
- The Wild have a record of 27-10 this season while playing with their moneyline odds shorter than -140.
- The moneyline odds say Minnesota has a 58.3% chance of winning this game.
Minnesota Wild Leaders
- One of Minnesota’s top offensives player this season is Kirill Kaprizov, who has 108 points (47 goals, 61 assists) and plays an average of 19:06 per game.
- Kevin Fiala is another top contributor for Minnesota with 84 points (1.0 per game), scoring 33 goals and adding 51 assists.
- Mats Zuccarello’s 79 points this season have come via 24 goals and 55 assists.
- Marc-Andre Fleury has a record of 28-23-5. He has allowed 159 goals (2.90 goals against average) and recorded 1573 saves.
Minnesota Wild Season Stats
- The Wild’s 305 goals this season make them the fifth-best scoring team in the league.
- On defense, the Wild have given up 249 goals (3.0 per game) to rank 16th in league play.
- The team has the league’s eighth-best goal differential at +56 this season.
- The 53 power-play goals the Wild have put up this season (on 258 power-play chances) rank 12th in the NHL.
- The Wild’s 20.5% power-play conversion rate this season ranks 18th in the NHL.
- The Wild’s offense has netted two shorthanded goals this season (29th among all teams).
- The Wild rank 23rd in the league in penalty-kill success rate at 76.5%.
- With a 47.6% faceoff win percentage, the Wild have the 27th-ranked percentage in the NHL.
- The Wild shoot 11.4% as a team, ranked second-best in the league.
- The Wild average 22.5 hits and 13.6 blocked shots per game.
Blues vs. Wild Betting Trends
- The Blues have been the underdog 31 times this season, and upset their opponent in 16, or 51.6%, of those games.
- St. Louis has a record of 7-8 in games when oddsmakers list them +118 or longer on the moneyline.
- Bookmakers have implied, based on the moneyline for this matchup, that the Blues have a 45.9% chance to win.
St. Louis Blues Leaders
- Vladimir Tarasenko’s 34 goals and 48 assists in 75 matchups give him 82 points on the season, making him a key part of his team’s offense.
- Robert Thomas is a top scorer for St. Louis, with 76 total points this season. He has netted 20 goals and provided 56 assists in 72 games.
- Jordan Kyrou has 27 goals and 48 assists, for a season point total of 75.
- Ville Husso’s record stands at 25-7-6 on the season, giving up 100 goals (2.6 goals against average) and compiling 1136 saves with a .919 save percentage (17th in the league).
St. Louis Blues Season Stats
- The Blues’ 309 total goals (3.8 per game) are the third-most in the league.
- The Blues’ 239 total goals conceded (2.9 per game) rank 11th in the league.
- Their fifth-best goal differential is +70.
- The Blues have scored 64 power-play goals this season (on 241 power-play chances). That’s the second-most in the NHL.
- The Blues have the NHL’s second-best power-play conversion rate of 26.6%.
- The Blues have scored nine shorthanded goals this season (sixth in the league).
- The Blues’ fifth-best penalty kill rate is 84.1%.
- The Blues have the NHL’s 14th-ranked faceoff win percentage (50.3%).
- The 12.4% shooting percentage the Blues have compiled tops the league.
- The Blues have not shut out an opponent this season. They average 20.2 hits and 12.2 blocked shots per game.
Wild and Blues Injury Report
Blues: Nick Leddy: Day To Day (Upper-body), Mackenzie MacEachern: Out (Upper-body), Torey Krug: Day To Day (Lower Body)
Betting Tips for Wild vs. Blues
The Wild on the moneyline (-140) is our best bet after looking at all of the key statistics and trends for this matchup. Our computer projects the total score will finish over the total of 6.5 goals, with the Blues (+1.5) covering the spread.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price