Game 2 of the NHL Playoffs First Round on Wednesday, May 4 will see the Minnesota Wild hosting the St. Louis Blues at Xcel Energy Center at 9:30 PM ET. The Blues are ahead in the series 1-0. Wild (-127) versus Blues (+106) has a definite favorite, according to the moneyline odds. Find more below on the Wild vs. Blues betting line, injury report, head-to-head stats, best bets and more.
Table of Contents
Wild vs. Blues Spread and Betting Line
Wild vs. Blues Game Info
- Game Day: Wednesday, May 4, 2022
- Game Time: 9:30 PM ET
- Location: Saint Paul, Minnesota
- Arena: Xcel Energy Center
Computer Predictions for Wild vs. Blues
|Blues (+1.5)||Over (6)||Wild 4 Blues 3|
Wild vs. Blues Betting Trends
- Minnesota has gotten the victory in 42 of the 61 games it’s played as the moneyline favorite this season.
- In 46 games with moneyline oddds lower than -127, the Wild have 31 wins.
- According to the moneyline odds, Minnesota has a 55.9% chance of winning this contest.
Minnesota Wild Leaders
- Kirill Kaprizov is one of Minnesota’s top contributors with 108 points. He has 47 goals and 61 assists this season.
- Through 82 games, Kevin Fiala has 33 goals and 51 assists.
- Mats Zuccarello has 24 goals and 55 assists for Minnesota.
- Marc-Andre Fleury (28-23-5) has a goals against average of 2.9 on the season, and 1573 saves. His .908 save percentage ranks 28th in the league.
Minnesota Wild Season Stats
- The Wild score the fifth-most goals in the league, averaging 3.7 per game for a total of 305 this season.
- On defense, the Wild have allowed 249 goals (3.0 per game) to rank 16th in NHL play.
- The team has the league’s eighth-best goal differential at +56 this season.
- The Wild have scored 53 power-play goals on 258 power-play chances this season, ranking 12th in the league.
- The Wild are ranked 18th in the league with a 20.5% power-play conversion rate this season.
- The Wild have scored a total of two shorthanded goals this season.
- The Wild kill 76.5% of their opponent’s power plays, the 23rd-ranked penalty-kill percentage in the league.
- The Wild win 47.6% of their faceoffs (27th in the league).
- The Wild connect on 11.4% of their shots, ranking second in the NHL.
- The Wild’s players are still looking for their first shutout win this season. As a team, they are averaging 22.5 hits and 13.6 blocked shots per game.
Blues vs. Wild Betting Trends
- The Blues have been an underdog in 29 games this season, with 15 upset wins (51.7%).
- St. Louis has a record of 12-10 in games when oddsmakers list them +106 or longer on the moneyline.
- Bookmakers have implied, based on the moneyline in this matchup, that the Blues have a 48.5% chance to win.
St. Louis Blues Leaders
- Vladimir Tarasenko’s 34 goals and 48 assists in 75 contests give him 82 points on the season, making him a key part of his team’s offense.
- Robert Thomas is pivotal for St. Louis’ offense with 76 total points (1.1 per game), including 20 goals and 56 assists through 72 games.
- St. Louis’ Jordan Kyrou has 75 points, courtesy of 27 goals (third on team) and 48 assists (second).
- Ville Husso has a record of 25-7-6 in 40 games this season, conceding 100 goals (2.6 goals against average) with 1136 saves and a .919 save percentage, sixth-best in the league.
St. Louis Blues Season Stats
- The Blues’ 309 total goals (3.8 per game) are the third-most in the NHL.
- The Blues have conceded 2.9 goals per game, 239 total, which ranks 11th among NHL teams.
- They have a +70 goal differential, which is fifth-best in the league.
- The Blues have put up 64 power-play goals this season (second-most in the NHL) on 241 power-play chances.
- The Blues’ power-play conversion rate (26.6%) is second-best in the league.
- The Blues have scored nine shorthanded goals this season (sixth in the league).
- The 84.1% penalty-kill percentage the Blues have amassed is the league’s fifth-best rate.
- The Blues win 50.3% of their faceoffs. That’s the 14th-ranked figure in the NHL.
- The Blues are shooting 12.4% (No. 1 in the league).
- The Blues have not yet shut out an opponent this season.
Wild and Blues Injury Report
Blues: Mackenzie MacEachern: Out (Upper-body), Scott Perunovich: Out (Wrist)
Betting Tips for Wild vs. Blues
Our best bet is Wild on the moneyline at -127 and Blues (+1.5) against the spread after analyzing all of the key stats and trends for this matchup. Our computer predicts the total score will finish over the total of 6 goals.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price