Game 1 of the NHL Playoffs First Round on Monday, May 2 features the Minnesota Wild hosting the St. Louis Blues at Xcel Energy Center at 9:30 PM ET. The sportsbooks have made the Wild solid favorites at -131 on the moneyline, and the Blues are at +110. Find more below on the Wild vs. Blues betting line, injury report, head-to-head stats, best bets and more.
Table of Contents
Wild vs. Blues Spread and Betting Line
Wild vs. Blues Game Info
- Game Day: Monday, May 2, 2022
- Game Time: 9:30 PM ET
- Location: Saint Paul, Minnesota
- Arena: Xcel Energy Center
Computer Predictions for Wild vs. Blues
|Blues (+1.5)||Over (6.5)||Wild 4 Blues 3|
Wild vs. Blues Betting Trends
- Through 59 games as the moneyline favorite this season, Minnesota has won 42 times.
- In 42 games with moneyline oddds lower than -131, the Wild have 31 wins.
- The moneyline odds imply that Minnesota has a 56.7% chance of winning this contest.
Minnesota Wild Leaders
- A leading contributor this season for Minnesota, Kirill Kaprizov has scored 108 points in 81 games (47 goals and 61 assists).
- Through 82 games, Kevin Fiala has 33 goals and 51 assists.
- Mats Zuccarello’s 79 points this season have come via 24 goals and 55 assists.
- In 56 games, Marc-Andre Fleury has a record of 28-23-5. He has conceded 159 goals (2.90 goals against average) and has recorded 1573 saves.
Minnesota Wild Season Stats
- The Wild’s 305 goals this season make them the fifth-best scoring team in the league.
- The Wild are ranked 16th in NHL play in goals against this season, having allowed 249 total goals (3.0 per game).
- The team’s goal differential is eighth-best in the league at +56.
- The 53 power-play goals the Wild have put up this season (on 258 power-play chances) rank 12th in the NHL.
- The Wild’s offense has the NHL’s 18th-ranked power-play conversion rate (20.5%).
- The Wild have scored a total of two shorthanded goals this season.
- The Wild have the league’s 23rd-ranked penalty-kill percentage at 76.5%.
- With a 47.6% faceoff win rate, the Wild have the 27th-ranked rate in the NHL.
- The Wild shoot 11.4% as a team, ranked second-best in the league.
- The Wild have yet to shut out an opponent this season, averaging 22.5 hits and 13.6 blocked shots per game.
Blues vs. Wild Betting Trends
- The Blues have been listed as the underdog 27 times this season, and upset their opponent 13 times.
- St. Louis has a record of 8-10 in games when oddsmakers list them +110 or longer on the moneyline.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies a 47.6% chance for the Blues to win.
St. Louis Blues Leaders
- Vladimir Tarasenko has totaled 34 goals (0.5 per game) and put up 48 assists (0.6 per game), averaging 3.1 shots per game and shooting 14.8%. That makes him among the leaders for St. Louis with 82 total points (1.1 per game).
- Robert Thomas is crucial for St. Louis’ attack with 76 total points (1.1 per game), including 20 goals and 56 assists through 72 contests.
- Jordan Kyrou has scored 27 goals and contributed 48 assists for St. Louis, giving him a point total of 75.
- Ville Husso’s record stands at 25-7-6 on the season, giving up 100 goals (2.6 goals against average) and amassing 1136 saves with a .919 save percentage (sixth-best in the league).
St. Louis Blues Season Stats
- The Blues have scored the third-most goals (309 goals, 3.8 per game) in the league.
- The Blues’ 239 total goals allowed (2.9 per game) rank 11th in the league.
- Their fifth-best goal differential is +70.
- The Blues have scored 64 power-play goals this season (second-most in the NHL) on 241 power-play chances.
- The Blues have the league’s second-best power-play conversion rate of 26.6%.
- The Blues have scored nine shorthanded goals.
- The 84.1% penalty-kill percentage the Blues have put totgether is the league’s fifth-best rate.
- The Blues have the 14th-ranked faceoff win rate in the NHL (50.3%).
- The 12.4% shooting percentage the Blues have amassed tops the league.
- The Blues have not yet shut out an opponent this season.
Wild and Blues Injury Report
Wild: Mats Zuccarello: Day To Day (Lower Body), Marcus Foligno: Day To Day (Lower-body)
Blues: Mackenzie MacEachern: Out (Upper-body), Scott Perunovich: Out (Wrist)
Betting Tips for Wild vs. Blues
The Wild on the moneyline (-131) is our best bet after looking at all of the key trends and stats for this matchup. Our computer projects the total score will finish over the total of 6.5 goals, with the Blues (+1.5) covering the spread.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price