The Chicago White Sox (13-14), led by the red-hot Gavin Sheets and his two-game homer streak, are -135 favorites to pick up a win over the New York Yankees (21-8) Thursday at 8:10 PM ET, live from Guaranteed Rate Field. Dylan Cease will get the ball for Chicago while New York counter with Luis Gil.
Table of Contents
White Sox vs. Yankees Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for White Sox vs. Yankees
Our computer pick: New York Yankees (+115) and Over (7.5)
White Sox vs. Yankees Game Info
- Chicago White Sox probable starting pitcher: Dylan Cease
- New York Yankees probable starting pitcher: Luis Gil
- Game Day: Thursday, May 12, 2022
- Game Time: 8:10 PM ET
- Location: Chicago, Illinois
- Stadium: Guaranteed Rate Field
Chicago White Sox vs New York Yankees Pitching Matchup
White Sox Starter Dylan Cease
- Cease gets the start for the White Sox, his seventh of the season. He is 3-1 with a 2.38 ERA and 47 strikeouts through 34 innings pitched.
- In his last time out on Saturday against the Boston Red Sox, the right-hander threw five innings, giving up one earned run while surrendering four hits.
- In six games this season, the 26-year-old has amassed a 2.38 ERA and 12.4 strikeouts per nine innings, while giving up a batting average of .172 to opposing batters.
- Cease has two quality starts this year.
- Cease will try to last five or more innings for his seventh straight appearance. He’s averaging 5.2 frames per outing.
- He will take the mound against a Yankees offense that ranks 22nd in MLB with 216 total hits (on a .230 batting average). The team also slugs a collective .385 (ninth in MLB) with 35 total home runs (fifth in MLB).
- This season, the 26-year-old ranks 19th in ERA (2.38), 22nd in WHIP (1.000), and third in K/9 (12.4) among pitchers who qualify.
Yankees Starter Luis Gil
- Gil gets the nod for the Yankees and will make his first start of the season.
- The 23-year-old right-hander will make his season debut.
- The White Sox rank 23rd in MLB with a .222 batting average this season. They have a team slugging percentage that ranks 23rd in the league (.351) and 24 home runs.
White Sox Betting Picks & Insights
- The White Sox have been favorites in 21 games this season and won 12 (57.1%) of those contests.
- This season, Chicago has won seven of its 13 games, or 53.8%, when favored by at least -135 on the moneyline.
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 57.4% chance of a victory for the White Sox.
- Chicago and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 12 of their 28 opportunities.
- The White Sox have an ATS record of 12-16-0 in 28 games with a spread this season.
Yankees Betting Picks & Insights
- The Yankees came away victorious in the one game they played as the underdog this season.
- This is the worst odds of a win that sportsbooks have given New York this season with a +115 moneyline set for this game.
- The Yankees have an implied victory probability of 46.5% according to the moneyline set by oddsmakers for this matchup.
- Contests with New York have gone over the total set by sportsbooks in 11 of 28 chances this season.
- The Yankees have an against the spread mark of 14-14-0 in 28 games with a line this season.
White Sox Leaders & Batting Stats
- The White Sox best hitter thus far this season is Tim Anderson, who’s hitting at a team-leading .333 clip along with three homers and 11 RBI.
- Anderson’s home runs place him 76th in the majors, and he is 107th in RBI.
- Anderson brings a hitting streak of three games into this matchup. In his last five games he is batting .333 with two doubles, a walk and three RBI.
- Luis Robert is batting .284 with three doubles, three home runs and four walks.
- Robert is 76th in homers in MLB, and 194th in RBI.
- Robert enters this game looking for his ninth game in a row with a hit. During his last 10 games he is hitting .390 with two doubles, a home run, three walks and four RBI.
- Jose Abreu has five doubles, three home runs and 10 walks while batting .222.
- Sheets is hitting .217 with two doubles, three home runs and four walks.
- Sheets brings a two-game streak with at least one hit into this one. During his last five outings he is hitting .200 with two home runs, a walk and six RBI.
Yankees Leaders & Batting Stats
- Aaron Judge has posted a team-high nine home runs and has driven in 21 runs.
- Among all hitters in MLB, Judge’s home run total is first and his RBI tally ranks 10th.
- Judge carries a three-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last five outings he is batting .263 with a home run, two walks and three RBI.
- Anthony Rizzo is batting .214 with five doubles, six home runs and 13 walks.
- Among all major league batters, Rizzo is 18th in home runs and 44th in RBI.
- DJ LeMahieu has put up a team-best batting average of .284.
- Giancarlo Stanton has driven in a team-best 21 runs batted in.
Betting Tips for White Sox vs. Yankees
Our best bet is the Yankees on the moneyline at +115 after digging through all of the key trends and stats for this matchup. Our computer predicts the total score will over the total of 7.5 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price