Following a four-hit effort last time out, Byron Buxton leads the Minnesota Twins (7-8) into action as +102 underdogs against the Chicago White Sox (6-8). The game gets underway from Target Field at 2:10 PM ET on Sunday. Chicago’s Lucas Giolito gets the start, and he’ll go against Minnesota’s Chris Archer.
Table of Contents
White Sox vs. Twins Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for White Sox vs. Twins
Our computer pick: Minnesota Twins (+102) and Over (7.5)
White Sox vs. Twins Game Info
- Chicago White Sox probable starting pitcher: Lucas Giolito
- Minnesota Twins probable starting pitcher: Chris Archer
- Game Day: Sunday, April 24, 2022
- Game Time: 2:10 PM ET
- Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Stadium: Target Field
Chicago White Sox vs Minnesota Twins Pitching Matchup
White Sox Starter Lucas Giolito
- Giolito makes his first start of the season for the White Sox.
- The 27-year-old righty makes his season debut and his first appearance in more than a year.
- The Twins rank 22nd in run scoring in the league (52) this season and are batting .215 while hitting 14 home runs (ninth in the league).
Twins Starter Chris Archer
- Archer heads to the mound for the Twins to make his third start of the season, seeking his first win.
- The right-hander last pitched on Wednesday, when he threw 4 1/3 innings against the Kansas City Royals, giving up two earned runs.
- He has pitched in two games this season with an ERA of 2.16, a batting average against of .194 and 8.6 strikeouts per nine innings.
- The White Sox have scored 46 runs this season, which ranks 26th in MLB. They have 96 hits, 26th in baseball, with 12 home runs (19th in the league).
White Sox Betting Picks & Insights
- The White Sox have entered the game as favorites 10 times this season and won six of those games.
- Chicago has a record of 5-2 when favored by -121 or more by sportsbooks this season.
- Sportsbooks have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the White Sox have a 54.8% chance to win.
- Games involving Chicago have gone over the total set by sportsbooks in seven of 15 chances this season.
- The White Sox are 5-10-0 against the spread in their 15 chances this season.
Twins Betting Picks & Insights
- The Twins have won in three of the seven contests they have been named as odds-on underdogs in this year.
- Minnesota has a mark of 2-4 in contests where oddsmakers favor them by +102 or worse on the moneyline.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Twins have a 49.5% chance of coming away with a victory in the contest.
- Minnesota and their opponents have gone over in four of their 15 games with a total set by sportsbooks this season.
- In 15 games with a line this season, the Twins have a mark of 6-9-0 against the spread.
White Sox Leaders & Batting Stats
- Andrew Vaughn has gone yard three times in the 2022 campaign while driving in seven runs, both totals that lead the White Sox.
- Luis Robert is hitting .205 with two doubles, two home runs and a walk.
- Robert is 46th in homers and 206th in RBI on the season.
- Jose Abreu has three doubles, two home runs and five walks while hitting .208.
- Abreu is on a three-game hitting streak entering this contest. In his last five games he is hitting .222 with a double, a home run, two walks and two RBI.
- Tim Anderson is batting .302 to lead his team.
Twins Leaders & Batting Stats
- Luis Arraez leads the Twins with a .364 batting average.
- Among all hitters in MLB, Arraez’s home run total ranks 105th and his RBI tally is 63rd.
- Buxton has put his power on display as he leads his team with four home runs.
- Buxton is sixth among all hitters in the big leagues in home runs, and 91st in RBI.
- Jorge Polanco leads the Twins with eight runs batted in.
- Gio Urshela has a home run and four walks while hitting .250.
Betting Tips for White Sox vs. Twins
After looking at all of the key trends and stats for this matchup, our best bet is the Twins on the moneyline at +102. Our computer picks see the scoring going over the total of 7.5 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price