The Chicago White Sox (6-10) hope to avoid their ninth straight defeat when they host the Kansas City Royals (6-9) Wednesday at 2:10 PM ET on NBCS-CHI. The White Sox are listed as -179 favorites to snap their losing skid, while the Royals are +155 underdogs. Dylan Cease starts for Chicago while Zack Greinke is Kansas City’s starter for the contest.
Table of Contents
White Sox vs. Royals Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for White Sox vs. Royals
Our computer pick: Kansas City Royals (+155) and Over (7.5)
White Sox vs. Royals Game Info
- Chicago White Sox probable starting pitcher: Dylan Cease
- Kansas City Royals probable starting pitcher: Zack Greinke
- Game Day: Wednesday, April 27, 2022
- Game Time: 2:10 PM ET
- TV Channel: NBCS-CHI
- Location: Chicago, Illinois
- Stadium: Guaranteed Rate Field
Chicago White Sox vs Kansas City Royals Pitching Matchup
White Sox Starter Dylan Cease
- Cease makes the start for the White Sox, his fourth of the season. He is 2-1 with a 3.38 ERA and 19 strikeouts in 16 innings pitched.
- The righty last pitched on Thursday against the Cleveland Guardians, when he went 5 1/3 innings, allowing four earned runs while giving up eight hits.
- The 26-year-old has amassed an ERA of 3.38, with 10.7 strikeouts per nine innings, in three games this season. Opponents are batting .217 against him.
- Cease is seeking his third straight outing lasting five or more innings. He averages 5.1 innings per appearance on the hill.
- He will match up with a Royals offense that ranks 28th in MLB with 106 total hits (on a .215 batting average). The team also slugs a collective .333 (25th in MLB) with 11 total home runs (24th in MLB).
- Among qualifying pitchers in MLB play this season, the 26-year-old’s 3.38 ERA ranks 31st, 1.250 WHIP ranks 39th, and 10.7 K/9 ranks eighth.
Royals Starter Zack Greinke
- Greinke (0-1) will take to the mound for the Royals and make his fourth start of the season.
- The right-hander gave up one earned run in five innings pitched on Thursday in his last outing, a matchup with the Minnesota Twins.
- The 38-year-old has an ERA of 2.25, a 0.667 strikeout to walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.188 in three games this season.
- Greinke will look to pitch five or more innings for the third start in a row.
- The White Sox rank 24th in MLB with a .211 batting average this season. They have a team slugging percentage that ranks 23rd in the league (.339) and 14 home runs.
- The 38-year-old ranks 16th in ERA (2.25), 36th in WHIP (1.188), and 55th in K/9 (1.1) among qualified pitchers in the majors this season.
White Sox Betting Picks & Insights
- The White Sox have won six, or 50%, of the 12 games they’ve played as favorites this season.
- Chicago has not entered a game this season as a bigger favorite on the moneyline than the -179 odds on them winning this game.
- The sportsbooks’ moneyline implies a 64.2% chance of a victory for the White Sox.
- So far this season, Chicago and its opponents have hit the over in eight of their 17 games with a total.
- The White Sox are 5-12-0 ATS in their 17 games with a spread this season.
Royals Betting Picks & Insights
- The Royals have been chosen as underdogs in 10 games this year and have walked away with the win four times (40%) in those games.
- Kansas City has played as an underdog of +155 or more just one time this year and came away with a loss in that game.
- The Royals have an implied victory probability of 39.2% according to the moneyline set by sportsbooks for this matchup.
- Kansas City and their opponents have hit the over in five of their 15 games with a total set by oddsmakers this season.
- The Royals have posted a record of 8-7-0 against the spread this season.
White Sox Leaders & Batting Stats
- Tim Anderson paces the White Sox with a .288 batting average.
- Anderson’s home runs place him 60th in MLB, and he is 125th in RBI.
- Andrew Vaughn’s three home runs and eight runs batted in both pace his team.
- Jose Abreu is batting .218 with three doubles, two home runs and seven walks.
- Abreu is on a three-game hitting streak entering this contest. In his last five games he is batting .222 with a double, a home run, three walks and two RBI.
- Luis Robert is batting .205 with two doubles, two home runs and a walk.
Royals Leaders & Batting Stats
- Salvador Perez paces the Royals in home runs (five) and runs batted in (eight).
- Among all hitters in the majors, Perez’s home run total is fifth and his RBI tally is 67th.
- Perez carries a two-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last five outings he is hitting .222 with two doubles, a home run, two walks and two RBI.
- Andrew Benintendi is hitting .389 to lead the lineup.
- Benintendi is 121st in homers and 101st in RBI among all MLB hitters this season.
- Hunter Dozier is hitting .278 with three doubles, a triple, three home runs and two walks.
- Michael A. Taylor has a home run and eight walks while hitting .205.
|Michael A. Taylor||14||.205||.333||.282||1||4||8|
Betting Tips for White Sox vs. Royals
We have the Royals on the moneyline at +155 on the moneyline as our best bet in this game after taking a look at all of the key stats and trends for this matchup. Our computer picks see the scoring going over the total of 7.5 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price