Seeking their 11th win of the year, the Chicago White Sox (10-13) are favorites (-131) on the moneyline when they take on the Boston Red Sox (10-16) Saturday at 4:10 PM ET. Dylan Cease will get the ball for Chicago while Boston counter with Nick Pivetta.
Table of Contents
White Sox vs. Red Sox Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for White Sox vs. Red Sox
Our computer pick: Boston Red Sox (+112) and Over (8)
White Sox vs. Red Sox Game Info
- Chicago White Sox probable starting pitcher: Dylan Cease
- Boston Red Sox probable starting pitcher: Nick Pivetta
- Game Day: Saturday, May 7, 2022
- Game Time: 4:10 PM ET
- Location: Boston, Massachusetts
- Stadium: Fenway Park
Chicago White Sox vs Boston Red Sox Pitching Matchup
White Sox Starter Dylan Cease
- The White Sox are sending Cease (3-1) to make his sixth start of the season. He is 3-1 with a 2.48 ERA and 39 strikeouts through 29 innings pitched.
- In his last outing on Monday against the Los Angeles Angels, the righty tossed 7 2/3 scoreless innings while surrendering one hit.
- In five games this season, the 26-year-old has an ERA of 2.48, with 12.1 strikeouts per nine innings. Opponents are hitting .165 against him.
- Cease is looking to continue a second-game quality start streak in this game.
- Cease will aim to last five or more innings for his sixth straight appearance. He’s averaging 5.2 frames per outing.
- The opposing Red Sox offense has a collective .229 batting average, and is 14th in the league with 200 total hits and 24th in MLB play with 90 runs scored. It has the 24th-ranked slugging percentage (.347) and ranks 26th in home runs (16) in all of MLB.
- The 26-year-old’s 2.48 ERA ranks 23rd, .931 WHIP ranks 19th, and 12.1 K/9 ranks fifth among qualifying pitchers this season.
Red Sox Starter Nick Pivetta
- Pivetta (0-4) will take the mound for the Red Sox, his sixth start of the season.
- The right-hander’s last start was on Sunday, when he tossed 4 1/3 innings while giving up three earned runs on six hits in a matchup with the Baltimore Orioles.
- The 29-year-old has pitched in five games this season with an ERA of 7.84, a 1.615 strikeout to walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.839.
- Pivetta has not earned a quality start in five starts this season.
- Pivetta has made one start of five or more innings in five chances this season, and averages 4.0 frames when he pitches.
- The White Sox rank 25th in MLB with a .221 batting average this season. They have a team slugging percentage that ranks 20th in the league (.355) and 21 home runs.
White Sox Betting Picks & Insights
- The White Sox have entered the game as favorites 18 times this season and won 10, or 55.6%, of those games.
- Chicago has a record of 7-5, a 58.3% win rate, when favored by -131 or more by sportsbooks this season.
- Oddsmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the White Sox have a 56.7% chance to win.
- Games involving Chicago have gone over the total set by bookmakers in 11 of 24 chances this season.
- The White Sox are 9-15-0 against the spread in their 24 chances this season.
Red Sox Betting Picks & Insights
- The Red Sox have been victorious in four, or 28.6%, of the 14 contests they have been chosen as underdogs in this season.
- This season, Boston has been victorious two times in nine chances when named as an underdog of at least +112 or longer on the moneyline.
- The Red Sox have an implied victory probability of 47.2% according to the moneyline set by sportsbooks for this matchup.
- Boston’s games have gone over the total in eight of their 26 opportunities.
- The Red Sox have an against the spread mark of 14-12-0 in 26 games with a line this season.
White Sox Leaders & Batting Stats
- Tim Anderson leads the White Sox with a team-high batting average of .312.
- Anderson’s home runs put him 63rd in MLB, and he ranks 151st in RBI.
- Jose Abreu is batting .238 with three doubles, three home runs and 10 walks.
- Abreu is 63rd in home runs in the majors, and 151st in RBI.
- Abreu carries a six-game streak with at least one hit into this matchup. In his last 10 games he is hitting .278 with two home runs, five walks and four RBI.
- Luis Robert is hitting .266 with three doubles, three home runs and two walks.
- Robert has at least one base hit in four straight games. During his last five outings he is hitting .400 with a double, a home run, a walk and three RBI.
- Yasmani Grandal is hitting .162 with two doubles, a home run and 10 walks.
Red Sox Leaders & Batting Stats
- Xander Bogaerts leads the team in batting average with a mark of .354.
- Among all batters in MLB, Bogaerts ranks 104th in home runs and 99th in RBI.
- Bogaerts has collected a hit in two games in a row. In his last five games he is hitting .263 with a double, a home run, three walks and two RBI.
- Rafael Devers has racked up a team-high four home runs.
- Devers ranks 35th overall in home runs and 99th in RBI this year.
- J.D. Martinez has collected a team-high 13 runs batted in.
- Alex Verdugo has sent home a team-leading 13 runs batted in.
|Jackie Bradley Jr.||25||.200||.268||.293||0||6||15|
Betting Tips for White Sox vs. Red Sox
Our best bet is the Red Sox on the moneyline at +112 after analyzing all of the key stats and trends for this matchup. Our computer predicts the scoring will over the total of 8 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price