The Chicago White Sox (27-30) are -157 favorites to take Game 3 of th series from the Texas Rangers (27-31) Sunday at 2:10 PM ET. The teams enter the matchup with the series record tied, and the underdog Rangers are listed with +136 odds to win the rubber match and take the series victory. Michael Kopech starts for Chicago while Jon Gray is Texas’ starter for the contest.
Table of Contents
White Sox vs. Rangers Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for White Sox vs. Rangers
Our computer pick: Texas Rangers (+136) and Over (8)
White Sox vs. Rangers Game Info
- Chicago White Sox probable starting pitcher: Michael Kopech
- Texas Rangers probable starting pitcher: Jon Gray
- Game Day: Sunday, June 12, 2022
- Game Time: 2:10 PM ET
- Location: Chicago, Illinois
- Stadium: Guaranteed Rate Field
Chicago White Sox vs Texas Rangers Pitching Matchup
White Sox Starter Michael Kopech
- The White Sox are sending Kopech (2-2) to make his 11th start of the season. He is 2-2 with a 1.94 ERA and 51 strikeouts through 51 innings pitched.
- In his last time out on Wednesday against the Los Angeles Dodgers, the right-hander threw six scoreless innings while surrendering one hit.
- The 26-year-old has put up a 1.94 ERA and 9.0 strikeouts per nine innings across 10 games this season, while giving up a batting average of just .139 to his opponents.
- Kopech is trying to record his fifth quality start of the year.
- Kopech is trying to secure his eighth start of five or more innings this year in this matchup.
- He will take the mound against a Rangers offense that is batting .234 as a unit (23rd in MLB). It is also slugging a collective .389 (16th in MLB) with 74 total home runs (sixth in MLB).
Rangers Starter Jon Gray
- Gray (1-3) will take the mound for the Rangers, his 10th start of the season.
- The right-hander’s last appearance was on Tuesday, when he threw five innings against the Cleveland Guardians, giving up five earned runs while allowing six hits.
- The 30-year-old has pitched in nine games this season with an ERA of 5.28, a 2.474 strikeout to walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.304.
- In nine starts this season, he’s earned a quality start in two of them.
- Gray will look to pitch five or more innings for the sixth start in a row.
- The White Sox rank 16th in MLB with a .242 batting average this season. They have a team slugging percentage that ranks 25th in the league (.367) and 49 home runs.
White Sox Betting Picks & Insights
- This season, the White Sox have been favored 37 times and won 20, or 54.1%, of those games.
- Chicago has entered 10 games this season favored by -157 or more and is 4-6 in those contests.
- Oddsmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the White Sox have a 61.1% chance to win.
- Chicago and its opponents have hit the over in 27 of their 61 games with a total this season.
- In 61 games with a spread this season, the White Sox are 27-34-0 ATS.
Rangers Betting Picks & Insights
- The Rangers have come away with 21 wins in the 43 contests they have been listed as the underdogs in this season.
- This year, Texas has won seven of 16 games when listed as at least +136 or worse on the moneyline.
- Sportsbooks have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Rangers have a 42.4% chance of pulling out a win.
- Texas’ games have gone over the total in 25 of their 59 opportunities.
- The Rangers are 34-25-0 against the spread in their 59 games that had a posted line this season.
White Sox Leaders & Batting Stats
- Jose Abreu has been stellar at getting on base for the White Sox this season, leading the squad with a .351 OBP and 52 base hits.
- Among all MLB hitters, Abreu is 80th in batting average, 43rd in on-base percentage, and 81st in slugging.
- Abreu carries a two-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last five games he is hitting .222 with a double, five walks and an RBI.
- Luis Robert is batting .278 to pace his team.
- Among all major league hitters, Robert ranks 92nd in homers and 135th in RBI.
- Robert heads into this matchup looking for his fourth game in a row with a hit. During his last five outings he is batting .143 with a walk and an RBI.
- Andrew Vaughn has accumulated a team-best 25 runs batted in.
- Jake Burger’s eight home runs pace his team.
- Burger takes a seven-game streak with at least one hit into this one. In his last 10 outings he is batting .351 with five doubles, four home runs, two walks and nine RBI.
Rangers Leaders & Batting Stats
- Adolis Garcia leads the Rangers with 12 home runs and runs batted in, driving in 40.
- Garcia’s home run total places him 16th in the majors, and he is 10th in RBI.
- Garcia carries a three-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last five games he is hitting .286 with two home runs, two walks and four RBI.
- Marcus Semien is hitting .223 with 10 doubles, a triple, six home runs and 20 walks.
- Semien is 92nd among all hitters in MLB in homers, and 103rd in RBI.
- Corey Seager has 12 home runs, best in the lineup.
- Nate Lowe leads the team in batting average with a mark of .279.
Betting Tips for White Sox vs. Rangers
We have the Rangers on the moneyline at +136 on the moneyline as our best bet in this game after looking at all of the key trends and stats for this matchup. Our computer prediction sees the scoring going over the total of 8 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price