The Chicago White Sox (12-13) are set to take on the Cleveland Guardians (13-13) Monday at 8:10 PM ET. The White Sox are listed as -180 favorites by oddsmakers, while the underdog Guardians have +156 odds for the contest. Michael Kopech will get the ball for Chicago while Cleveland counter with Zach Plesac.
Table of Contents
White Sox vs. Guardians Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for White Sox vs. Guardians
Our computer pick: Cleveland Guardians (+156) and Over (7.5)
White Sox vs. Guardians Game Info
- Chicago White Sox probable starting pitcher: Michael Kopech
- Cleveland Guardians probable starting pitcher: Zach Plesac
- Game Day: Monday, May 9, 2022
- Game Time: 8:10 PM ET
- Location: Chicago, Illinois
- Stadium: Guaranteed Rate Field
Chicago White Sox vs Cleveland Guardians Pitching Matchup
White Sox Starter Zach Plesac
- The White Sox will send Kopech (0-0) out for his fifth start of the season. He is 0-0 with a 1.42 ERA and 18 strikeouts in 19 innings pitched.
- The right-hander last appeared on Thursday, April 28 against the Kansas City Royals, when he went five innings, allowing two earned runs while giving up three hits.
- In four games this season, the 26-year-old has put up a 1.42 ERA and 8.5 strikeouts per nine innings, while giving up a batting average of only .148 to his opponents.
- Kopech is looking for his fourth straight appearance lasting five or more innings. He averages 4.2 innings per appearance on the hill.
- The opposing Guardians offense has a collective .257 batting average, and is fifth in the league with 228 total hits and sixth in MLB play with 125 runs scored. It has the fifth-ranked slugging percentage (.403) and ranks 18th in home runs (22) in all of MLB.
Guardians Starter Zach Plesac
- The Guardians will send Plesac (1-3) to the mound for his sixth start this season.
- The right-hander’s last start was on Wednesday, when he tossed five innings while giving up four earned runs on five hits in a matchup with the San Diego Padres.
- The 27-year-old has pitched in five games this season with an ERA of 4.44, a 2 strikeout to walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.405.
- He has earned a quality start one time in five starts this season.
- Plesac has made four starts of five or more innings in five chances this season, and averages 5.1 frames when he pitches.
- The White Sox rank 28th in MLB with 82 runs scored this season. They have a .222 batting average this campaign with 21 home runs (21st in the league).
- The White Sox have gone 7-for-23 with two doubles and an RBI in one game against the right-hander this season.
- Among qualified Major League pitchers this season, the 27-year-old’s 4.44 ERA ranks 50th, 1.405 WHIP ranks 52nd, and 5.5 K/9 ranks 53rd.
White Sox Betting Picks & Insights
- This season, the White Sox have won 11 out of the 19 games, or 57.9%, in which they’ve been favored.
- Chicago has played as a favorite of -180 or more once this season and won that game.
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 64.3% chance of a victory for the White Sox.
- Chicago and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 11 of their 26 opportunities.
- The White Sox have an ATS record of 11-15-0 in 26 games with a spread this season.
Guardians Betting Picks & Insights
- The Guardians have come away with 10 wins in the 21 contests they have been listed as the underdogs in this season.
- The Guardians have won all of their three games in which they were named as at least a +156 moneyline underdog.
- Sportsbooks have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Guardians have a 39.1% chance of pulling out a win.
- Contests with Cleveland have gone over the total set by sportsbooks in 18 of 29 chances this season.
- The Guardians are 17-12-0 against the spread in their 29 games that had a posted line this season.
White Sox Leaders & Batting Stats
- Tim Anderson leads the White Sox with a team-high batting average of .321.
- In all of MLB, Anderson is 70th in home runs and 162nd in RBI.
- Jose Abreu is hitting .247 with five doubles, three home runs and 10 walks.
- Abreu is 70th in home runs and 98th in RBI in the bigs.
- Abreu enters this game looking for his ninth game in a row with a hit. In his last 10 games he is hitting .289 with two doubles, a home run, three walks and five RBI.
- Luis Robert is batting .274 with three doubles, three home runs and two walks.
- Robert is on a six-game hitting streak entering this contest. During his last 10 outings he is batting .317 with two doubles, a home run, a walk and four RBI.
- Yasmani Grandal is batting .171 with two doubles, a home run and 11 walks.
Guardians Leaders & Batting Stats
- Jose Ramirez has managed a team-high seven home runs and has driven in 29 runs.
- In all of MLB, Ramirez is sixth in home runs and first in RBI.
- Ramirez takes a hitting streak of two games into this game. During his last five outings he is hitting .167 with a double, six walks and an RBI.
- Owen Miller is batting .359 with 10 doubles, two home runs and 11 walks.
- Miller ranks 113th in homers and 112th in RBI among all major league hitters this season.
- Steven Kwan paces the Guardians with a team-best batting average of .319.
- Myles Straw is batting .268 with six doubles, a triple and 15 walks.
Betting Tips for White Sox vs. Guardians
After digging through all of the key statistics and trends for this matchup, our best bet is the Guardians on the moneyline at +156. Our computer picks see the scoring going over the total of 7.5 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price