Two of the league’s top hitters will meet Wednesday when the Chicago White Sox (13-14) and Cleveland Guardians (14-14) take to the field at 2:10 PM ET. Tim Anderson is batting .333 for the White Sox (-145 favorites on the moneyline) while Owen Miller leads the underdog Guardians (+124) with a .338 average. Vince Velasquez starts for Chicago while Aaron Civale is Cleveland’s starter for the contest.
Table of Contents
White Sox vs. Guardians Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for White Sox vs. Guardians
Our computer pick: Cleveland Guardians (+124) and Over (8.5)
White Sox vs. Guardians Game Info
- Chicago White Sox probable starting pitcher: Vince Velasquez
- Cleveland Guardians probable starting pitcher: Aaron Civale
- Game Day: Wednesday, May 11, 2022
- Game Time: 2:10 PM ET
- Location: Chicago, Illinois
- Stadium: Guaranteed Rate Field
Chicago White Sox vs Cleveland Guardians Pitching Matchup
White Sox Starter Vince Velasquez
- Velasquez gets the start for the White Sox, his fifth of the season. He is 1-2 with a 4.58 ERA and 19 strikeouts through 17 2/3 innings pitched.
- In his most recent appearance on Saturday, April 30, the right-hander tossed 5 2/3 scoreless innings against the Los Angeles Angels while surrendering four hits.
- In four games this season, the 29-year-old has an ERA of 4.58, with 9.7 strikeouts per nine innings. Opponents are hitting .264 against him.
- He will take the mound against a Guardians offense that ranks seventh in MLB with 247 total hits (on a .256 batting average). The squad also slugs a collective .404 (fifth in MLB) with 26 total home runs (16th in MLB).
Guardians Starter Aaron Civale
- The Guardians’ Civale (1-2) will make his sixth start of the season.
- The right-hander’s last start was on Thursday, when he tossed 5 2/3 innings while giving up four earned runs on six hits in a matchup with the Toronto Blue Jays.
- The 26-year-old has pitched in five games this season with an ERA of 9.45, a 3.667 strikeout to walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.700.
- None of Civale’s five starts this season have met the criteria for a quality start.
- Civale has started five games this season, and he’s lasted five or more innings one time. He averages 4.0 innings per appearance.
- The White Sox rank 23rd in MLB with a .222 batting average this season. They have a team slugging percentage that ranks 23rd in the league (.351) and 24 home runs.
White Sox Betting Picks & Insights
- This season, the White Sox have been favored 21 times and won 12, or 57.1%, of those games.
- Chicago has a record of 2-5 in games where bookmakers favor them by at least -145 on the moneyline.
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 59.2% chance of a victory for the White Sox.
- Chicago’s games have gone over the total in 12 of their 28 chances.
- The White Sox have an ATS record of 12-16-0 in 28 games with a spread this season.
Guardians Betting Picks & Insights
- The Guardians have won in 11, or 47.8%, of the 23 contests they have been named as odds-on underdogs in this year.
- This year, Cleveland has won four of 12 games when listed as at least +124 or worse on the moneyline.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Guardians have a 44.6% chance of walking away with the win.
- Cleveland and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 19 of their 31 opportunities.
- The Guardians are 18-13-0 against the spread in their 31 games with a line set by sportsbooks this season.
White Sox Leaders & Batting Stats
- Anderson is the White Sox best hitter so far this season, hitting at a team-leading .333 clip along with three homers and 11 RBI.
- In all of MLB, Anderson ranks 75th in homers and 104th in RBI.
- Anderson brings a hitting streak of three games into this game. In his last five games he is batting .333 with two doubles, a walk and three RBI.
- Luis Robert is hitting .284 with three doubles, three home runs and four walks.
- Robert ranks 75th in home runs and 193rd in RBI among all batters in baseball.
- Robert carries an eight-game streak with at least one hit into this matchup. In his last 10 games he is batting .390 with two doubles, a home run, three walks and four RBI.
- Jose Abreu has five doubles, three home runs and 10 walks while hitting .222.
- Gavin Sheets is hitting .217 with two doubles, three home runs and four walks.
- Sheets is riding a two-game hitting streak into this one. In his last five games he is hitting .200 with two home runs, a walk and six RBI.
Guardians Leaders & Batting Stats
- Jose Ramirez has a team-leading seven home runs and has driven in 29 runs.
- Among all hitters in MLB, Ramirez’s home run total ranks seventh and his RBI tally is first.
- Josh Naylor is batting .364 with four doubles, five home runs and three walks.
- Among all major league hitters, Naylor ranks 32nd in home runs and 10th in RBI.
- Steven Kwan is hitting .299 with five doubles, a triple, a home run and 12 walks.
- Miller leads the Guardians with a .338 batting average.
Betting Tips for White Sox vs. Guardians
We have the Guardians on the moneyline at +124 on the moneyline as our best bet in this game after digging through all of the key stats and trends for this matchup. Our computer picks see the scoring going over the total of 8.5 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price