The Cleveland Guardians (13-13) will lean on Josh Naylor, following a two-homer game, to lead them in a matchup with the Chicago White Sox (12-13) on Tuesday at 8:10 PM ET. The Guardians are +161 underdogs for the contest, according to oddsmakers. Chicago’s Lucas Giolito gets the start, and he’ll go against Cleveland’s Cal Quantrill.
Table of Contents
White Sox vs. Guardians Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for White Sox vs. Guardians
Our computer pick: Cleveland Guardians (+161) and Over (7.5)
White Sox vs. Guardians Game Info
- Chicago White Sox probable starting pitcher: Lucas Giolito
- Cleveland Guardians probable starting pitcher: Cal Quantrill
- Game Day: Tuesday, May 10, 2022
- Game Time: 8:10 PM ET
- Location: Chicago, Illinois
- Stadium: Guaranteed Rate Field
Chicago White Sox vs Cleveland Guardians Pitching Matchup
White Sox Starter Lucas Giolito
- Giolito (1-1) gets the starting nod for the White Sox in his fifth start of the season. He’s put together a 3.20 ERA in 19 2/3 innings pitched, with 32 strikeouts.
- In his most recent outing on Wednesday against the Chicago Cubs, the righty tossed 5 2/3 innings, allowing three earned runs while surrendering three hits.
- The 27-year-old has an ERA of 3.20, with 14.6 strikeouts per nine innings, in four games this season. Opponents have a .214 batting average against him.
- Giolito will look to pitch five or more innings for his third straight start. He’s averaging 4.3 innings per outing.
- The opposing Guardians offense has a collective .257 batting average, and is sixth in the league with 228 total hits and eighth in MLB action with 125 runs scored. It has the fifth-ranked slugging percentage (.403) and ranks 20th in home runs (22) in all of MLB.
Guardians Starter Cal Quantrill
- Quantrill (1-1) will take the mound for the Guardians, his sixth start of the season.
- The right-hander’s last appearance was on Wednesday, when he threw six innings against the San Diego Padres, giving up three earned runs while allowing three hits.
- The 27-year-old has an ERA of 3.54, a 1.133 strikeout to walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.214 in five games this season.
- He’s looking to extend his three-game quality start streak.
- Quantrill has pitched five or more innings in three straight games and will look to extend that streak.
- The White Sox are batting .222 this season, 24th in MLB. They have a team slugging percentage of .348 (22nd in the league) with 21 home runs.
- Among qualified pitchers this year, the 27-year-old’s 3.54 ERA ranks 42nd, 1.214 WHIP ranks 41st, and 5.5 K/9 ranks 53rd.
White Sox Betting Picks & Insights
- This season, the White Sox have been favored 20 times and won 11, or 55%, of those games.
- Chicago has played as a favorite of -189 or more twice this season and split those games.
- Oddsmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the White Sox have a 65.4% chance to win.
- So far this season, Chicago and its opponents have hit the over in 12 of their 27 games with a total.
- The White Sox have an ATS record of 11-16-0 in 27 games with a spread this season.
Guardians Betting Picks & Insights
- The Guardians have won in 11, or 50%, of the 22 contests they have been named as odds-on underdogs in this year.
- This season, Cleveland has been victorious one time in four chances when named as an underdog of at least +161 or longer on the moneyline.
- The Guardians have an implied victory probability of 38.3% according to the moneyline set for this matchup.
- Cleveland and their opponents have gone over in 19 of their 30 games with a total set by sportsbooks this season.
- The Guardians have an against the spread mark of 18-12-0 in 30 games with a line this season.
White Sox Leaders & Batting Stats
- Tim Anderson’s .321 average leads the White Sox this year. His resume also includes three homers and driven in eight RBI.
- Anderson ranks 71st in home runs and 163rd in RBI among all batters in the majors.
- Anderson takes a hitting streak of two games into this game. During his last five outings he is batting .318 with a double, a walk and two RBI.
- Jose Abreu is hitting .247 with five doubles, three home runs and 10 walks.
- Abreu ranks 71st in home runs in MLB, and 98th in RBI.
- Luis Robert is hitting .274 with three doubles, three home runs and two walks.
- Robert will look to build on his seven-game hitting in this game. In his last 10 outings he is batting .341 with two doubles, a home run, three walks and four RBI.
- Yasmani Grandal is hitting .171 with two doubles, a home run and 11 walks.
Guardians Leaders & Batting Stats
- Jose Ramirez leads the Guardians in home runs (seven) and runs batted in (29).
- Among all hitters in the majors, Ramirez’s home run total is sixth and his RBI tally ranks first.
- Owen Miller has 10 doubles, two home runs and 11 walks while hitting .359.
- Miller ranks 116th in home runs and 112th in RBI among all MLB batters this season.
- Steven Kwan has racked up a team-high batting average of .319.
- Myles Straw is hitting .268 with six doubles, a triple and 15 walks.
Betting Tips for White Sox vs. Guardians
Our best bet is the Guardians on the moneyline at +161 after analyzing all of the key statistics and trends for this matchup. Our computer projects the scoring will over the total of 7.5 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price