The Chicago Cubs (9-13) are the underdogs on the moneyline (+125) in Wednesday’s contest against the Chicago White Sox (9-13). The game starts at 7:40 PM ET. The Cubs are favored against the spread in this one () with odds. The White Sox’s Lucas Giolito and the Cubs’ Kyle Hendricks have been named the starters for this contest.
Table of Contents
White Sox vs. Cubs Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for White Sox vs. Cubs
Our computer pick: Chicago Cubs (+125)
White Sox vs. Cubs Game Info
- Chicago White Sox probable starting pitcher: Lucas Giolito
- Chicago Cubs probable starting pitcher: Kyle Hendricks
- Game Day: Wednesday, May 4, 2022
- Game Time: 7:40 PM ET
- Location: Chicago, Illinois
- Stadium: Wrigley Field
Chicago White Sox vs Chicago Cubs Pitching Matchup
White Sox Starter Lucas Giolito
- Giolito gets the start for the White Sox, his fourth of the season. He is 0-1 with a 2.57 ERA and 22 strikeouts in 14 innings pitched.
- The righty’s last appearance was on Friday against the Los Angeles Angels, when he threw six innings, surrendering three earned runs while giving up seven hits.
- In three games this season, the 27-year-old has amassed a 2.57 ERA and 14.1 strikeouts per nine innings, while allowing a batting average of .235 to opposing hitters.
- He will take the mound against a Cubs offense that is batting .246 as a unit (fifth in MLB). It is also slugging a collective .382 (10th in MLB) with 17 total home runs (22nd in MLB).
Cubs Starter Kyle Hendricks
- The Cubs will hand the ball to Hendricks (1-2) for his sixth start of the season.
- The right-hander’s last start was on Saturday, when he tossed 4 1/3 innings while giving up six earned runs on seven hits in a matchup with the Milwaukee Brewers.
- The 32-year-old has an ERA of 5.47, a 1.909 strikeout to walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.500 in five games this season.
- He has started five games this season, earning a quality start (6 or more IP, 3 or fewer ER) in one of them.
- In five starts this season, Hendricks has lasted five or more innings two times, with an average of 4.3 innings per appearance.
- The White Sox rank 26th in MLB with 72 runs scored this season. They have a .219 batting average this campaign with 19 home runs (19th in the league).
- The 32-year-old ranks 60th in ERA (5.47), 59th in WHIP (1.500), and 41st in K/9 (7.7) among qualified pitchers in the majors this campaign.
White Sox Betting Picks & Insights
- The White Sox have entered the game as favorites 17 times this season and won nine, or 52.9%, of those games.
- The White Sox have a record of 1-4 when they’re favored by -146 or more by bookmakers this season.
- The White Sox have a 59.3% chance to win this game based on the implied probability of the moneyline.
- The White Sox and their opponents have hit the over in 10 of their 23 games with a total this season.
- In 23 games with a spread this season, the White Sox are 9-14-0 ATS.
Cubs Betting Picks & Insights
- The Cubs have been chosen as underdogs in 16 games this year and have walked away with the win seven times (43.8%) in those games.
- This year, the Cubs have won five of eight games when listed as at least +125 or better on the moneyline.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Cubs have a 44.4% chance of coming away with a victory in the contest.
- The Cubs and their opponents have hit the over in 10 of their 22 games with a total this season.
- The Cubs have posted a record of 11-11-0 against the spread this season.
White Sox Leaders & Batting Stats
- Tim Anderson’s .329 average leads the White Sox this year. His resume also includes three homers and driven in eight RBI.
- Anderson’s home runs rank him 53rd in the majors, and he is 127th in RBI.
- Anderson takes a hitting streak of four games into this game. During his last five outings he is batting .381 with a double, a home run and two RBI.
- Andrew Vaughn’s four home runs and 12 RBI are both team-highs.
- Luis Robert is hitting .246 with two doubles, three home runs and a walk.
- Robert is on a three-game hitting streak entering this contest. During his last five outings he is batting .381 with a double, a home run and three RBI.
- Jose Abreu is batting .224 with three doubles, two home runs and 10 walks.
- Abreu is riding a five-game hitting streak into this one. In his last five games he is batting .294 with three walks and an RBI.
Cubs Leaders & Batting Stats
- Seiya Suzuki has posted a team-leading four home runs and has driven in 15 runs.
- Suzuki ranks 28th in home runs and 15th in RBI among all batters in the majors.
- Ian Happ has a club-best .303 batting average.
- Among all MLB hitters, Happ ranks 89th in home runs and 64th in RBI.
- Willson Contreras is batting .250 with six doubles, two home runs and nine walks.
- Patrick Wisdom has a team-best four home runs.
Betting Tips for White Sox vs. Cubs
After digging through all of the key stats and trends for this matchup, our best bet is the Cubs on the moneyline at +125.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price