Entering Wednesday’s matchup with the Washington Nationals (6-6), the Arizona Diamondbacks (3-8) are on a three-game losing streak. The contest starts at 7:05 PM ET with the Nationals listed as -129 favorites, while the are +109 underdogs who may be heading for a fourth straight defeat. Washington’s Erick Fedde and Arizona’s Merrill Kelly have been named the starters for this contest.
Table of Contents
Washington Nationals vs. Arizona Diamondbacks: Predictions, Betting Odds, Spread, Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Nationals vs. Diamondbacks
Our computer pick: Arizona Diamondbacks (+109) and Over (8)
Nationals vs. Diamondbacks Game Info
- Washington Nationals probable starting pitcher: Erick Fedde
- Arizona Diamondbacks probable starting pitcher: Merrill Kelly
- Game Day: Wednesday, April 20, 2022
- Game Time: 7:05 PM ET
- Location: Washington D.C.
- Stadium: Nationals Park
Washington Nationals vs Arizona Diamondbacks Pitching Matchup
Nationals Starter Erick Fedde
- Fedde (1-0) takes the mound for the Nationals to make his third start of the season.
- His last time out was on Friday against the Pittsburgh Pirates, when the right-hander went five innings, surrendering two earned runs while allowing four hits.
- In his two appearances this season, opposing hitters have a collective batting average of .237 against him. He has a 3.60 ERA and averages 9.9 strikeouts per nine innings.
- He will match up with a Diamondbacks team that is hitting .156 as a unit (30th in MLB). It is also slugging a collective .265 (30th in MLB) with eight total home runs (20th in MLB).
Diamondbacks Starter Merrill Kelly
- The Diamondbacks’ Kelly will make his third start of the season.
- The right-hander last pitched on Wednesday, when he threw 5 1/3 innings against the Houston Astros without allowing a run.
- He has pitched in two games this season with an ERA of .00, a batting average against of .206 and 12.5 strikeouts per nine innings.
- Kelly has started two games this season, and he’s lasted five or more innings one time. He averages 4.2 innings per appearance.
- The Nationals have scored 48 runs this season, which ranks ninth in MLB. They are batting .232 for the campaign with six home runs, 28th in the league.
Nationals Betting Picks & Insights
- The Nationals have been favorites in three games this season and won two (66.7%) of those contests.
- Washington has played as a favorite of -129 or more twice this season and won both games.
- Sportsbooks have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Nationals have a 56.3% chance to win.
- Washington and its opponents have gone over the total this season in four of their 12 opportunities.
- The Nationals are 5-7-0 against the spread in their 12 chances this season.
Diamondbacks Betting Picks & Insights
- The Diamondbacks have been chosen as underdogs in 11 games this year and have walked away with the win three times (27.3%) in those games.
- Arizona has a win-loss record of 3-8 when favored by +109 or worse by oddsmakers this year.
- The Diamondbacks have an implied victory probability of 47.8% according to the moneyline set for this matchup.
- Arizona and its opponents have gone over the total this season in two of their 11 opportunities.
- The Diamondbacks are 5-6-0 against the spread in their 11 games with a line set by sportsbooks this season.
Nationals Leaders & Batting Stats
- Josh Bell has a team-best batting average of .341 and paces the Nationals in runs batted in (nine).
- Among all MLB hitters, Bell is 23rd in batting average, 16th in on-base percentage, and 65th in slugging.
- Bell takes a hitting streak of six games into this matchup. During his last 10 games he is batting .351 with a double, a home run, seven walks and nine RBI.
- Juan Soto has hit three home runs to lead his team.
- Soto is eighth in homers and 142nd in RBI among all batters in the majors.
- Soto heads into this game looking for his fourth game in a row with a hit. In his last five games he is hitting .267 with a double, a home run, seven walks and an RBI.
- Maikel Franco has collected a team-high nine runs batted in.
- Franco is on a four-game hitting streak entering this contest. During his last five outings he is hitting .235 with a double, three walks and an RBI.
- Nelson Cruz has a home run and six walks while batting .186.
Diamondbacks Leaders & Batting Stats
- Seth Beer has driven in the most runs for the Diamondbacks with five runs batted in.
- Beer’s home run total puts him 76th in MLB, and he ranks 66th in RBI.
- Beer takes a hitting streak of two games into this game. In his last five games he is hitting .467 with two doubles, two walks and an RBI.
- Cooper Hummel is batting .100 with a home run and eight walks.
- Hummel is 76th in homers and 142nd in RBI among all hitters in MLB.
- Christian Walker has two home runs, best in the lineup.
- David Peralta is hitting .216 with four doubles, a home run and five walks.
Betting Tips for Nationals vs. Diamondbacks
We have the Diamondbacks on the moneyline at +109 on the moneyline as our best bet in this game after looking at all of the key trends and statistics for this matchup. Our computer picks see the scoring going over the total of 8 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price