The Arizona Diamondbacks (3-6) enter Monday’s matchup with the Washington Nationals (4-6) following their 1-2 series defeat to the Mets. The Nationals, coming off of a series loss against the Pirates, are listed as -139 favorites for Game 1. The series begins at Nationals Park, starting at 7:05 PM ET. Washington’s Josiah Gray and Arizona’s Madison Bumgarner have been named the starters for this contest.
Table of Contents
Washington Nationals vs. Arizona Diamondbacks: Predictions, Betting Odds, Spread, Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Nationals vs. Diamondbacks
Our computer pick: Arizona Diamondbacks (+118) and Over (8.5)
Nationals vs. Diamondbacks Game Info
- Washington Nationals probable starting pitcher: Josiah Gray
- Arizona Diamondbacks probable starting pitcher: Madison Bumgarner
- Game Day: Monday, April 18, 2022
- Game Time: 7:05 PM ET
- Location: Washington D.C.
- Stadium: Nationals Park
Washington Nationals vs Arizona Diamondbacks Pitching Matchup
Nationals Starter Josiah Gray
- The Nationals will look to Gray (1-0) in his second start this season.
- In his last appearance on Wednesday, the right-hander tossed five scoreless innings against the Atlanta Braves while surrendering one hit.
- In one appearances this season, he has a .00 ERA and 9.0 strikeouts per nine innings, while opponents are batting .071 against him.
- He will take the hill against a Diamondbacks team that is hitting .152 as a unit (30th in MLB). It is also slugging a collective .264 (30th in MLB) with seven total home runs (19th in MLB).
Diamondbacks Starter Madison Bumgarner
- Bumgarner will take to the mound for the Diamondbacks, his third start of the season.
- The left-hander last pitched on Wednesday, when he threw five innings against the Houston Astros, giving up one earned run.
- He has pitched to a 2.25 ERA this season with 4.5 strikeouts per nine innings compared to 6.8 walks per nine across two games.
- In two starts this season, Bumgarner has lasted five or more innings one time, with an average of 4.0 innings per appearance.
- The Nationals have scored 41 runs this season, which ranks 12th in MLB. They have 80 hits, third in baseball, with six home runs (23rd in the league).
Nationals Betting Picks & Insights
- Last season, the Nationals won 33 out of the 54 games, or 61.1%, in which they were favored.
- Washington had a record of 14-5 in games where sportsbooks favored them by at least -139 on the moneyline.
- The implied probability of a win by the Nationals, based on the moneyline, is 58.2%.
- Last season, Washington and its opponents hit the over in 75 of their 158 games with a total.
- In 114 games with a spread last season, the Nationals were 51-63-0 ATS.
Diamondbacks Betting Picks & Insights
- The Diamondbacks were chosen as underdogs in 137 games last year and walked away with the win 39 times (28.5%) in those games.
- Arizona had a mark of 26-79 in contests where oddsmakers set them as +118 or longer on the moneyline.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Diamondbacks have a 45.9% chance of coming away with a victory in the contest.
- Arizona and its opponents went over in 88 of their 159 games with a total set by sportsbooks last season.
- In 116 games with a line last season, the Diamondbacks had a mark of 56-60-0 against the spread.
Nationals Leaders & Batting Stats
- Juan Soto had 95 runs batted in while accumulating a batting average of .313 last season.
- Josh Bell had 24 doubles, a triple, 27 home runs and 65 walks while hitting .261.
- Nelson Cruz hit 32 home runs last season while slugging .497.
- Cesar Hernandez hit .232 with 21 doubles, two triples, 21 home runs and 59 walks.
Diamondbacks Leaders & Batting Stats
- Seth Beer has collected a team-leading five runs batted in.
- Among all hitters in MLB, Beer ranks 60th in home runs and 51st in RBI.
- Beer has collected a hit in two games in a row. In his last five games he is batting .500 with a double, two walks and two RBI.
- Cooper Hummel is hitting .125 with a home run and seven walks.
- Hummel is 60th among all hitters in MLB in homers, and 112th in RBI.
- Christian Walker has two home runs, tops in the clubhouse.
- Ketel Marte leads the team in batting average with a high-water mark of .212.
Betting Tips for Nationals vs. Diamondbacks
We have the Diamondbacks on the moneyline at +118 on the moneyline as our best bet in this contest after looking at all of the key trends and statistics for this matchup. Our computer picks see the scoring going over the total of 8.5 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price