The Chicago White Sox (6-7) hope to avoid their sixth straight defeat when they visit the Minnesota Twins (4-8) Saturday at 4:05 PM ET. The Twins are listed as -128 favorites, while the White Sox are +107 underdogs as they try to snap their losing skid. Dylan Bundy will get the ball for Minnesota while Chicago counter with Vince Velasquez.
Table of Contents
Twins vs. White Sox Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Twins vs. White Sox
Our computer pick: Chicago White Sox (+107) and Over (9)
Twins vs. White Sox Game Info
- Minnesota Twins probable starting pitcher: Dylan Bundy
- Chicago White Sox probable starting pitcher: Vince Velasquez
- Game Day: Saturday, April 23, 2022
- Game Time: 4:05 PM ET
- Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Stadium: Target Field
Minnesota Twins vs Chicago White Sox Pitching Matchup
Twins Starter Dylan Bundy
- Bundy will make his first start of the season for the Twins.
- The 29-year-old righty started and threw 1 1/3 innings when he last appeared Tuesday, Aug. 24 against the Baltimore Orioles.
- Last season he finished with a 2-9 record, a 6.06 ERA and a 1.357 WHIP over his 23 games.
- The White Sox have put up 44 runs this season (21st in MLB) and are batting .210 collectively with 11 home runs (16th in the league).
White Sox Starter Vince Velasquez
- The White Sox will send Velasquez to the mound for his third start of the season.
- The right-hander last pitched on Sunday against the Tampa Bay Rays, throwing 4 2/3 innings and giving up three earned runs.
- He has an ERA of 4.15, a batting average against of .206 and 7.3 strikeouts per nine innings in two games this season.
- The Twins rank 30th in MLB with 31 runs scored this season. They have a .184 batting average this campaign with 10 home runs (21st in the league).
Twins Betting Picks & Insights
- The Twins have been favorites in six games this season and won two (33.3%) of those contests.
- Minnesota is 2-2 this season when entering a game favored by -128 or more on the moneyline.
- The implied probability of a win from the Twins, based on the moneyline, is 56.1%.
- Games involving Minnesota have gone over the total set by sportsbooks in two of 12 chances this season.
- The Twins are 3-9-0 ATS in their 12 games with a spread this season.
White Sox Betting Picks & Insights
- The White Sox have been posted as the underdog four times this season but have yet walk away from any of those games with an upset.
- Chicago has been listed as an underdog of +107 or more on two occasions this season and lost both games.
- The White Sox have an implied victory probability of 48.3% according to the moneyline set by oddsmakers for this matchup.
- Chicago and their opponents have hit the over in six of their 14 games with a total set by oddsmakers this season.
- The White Sox have posted a record of 5-9-0 against the spread this season.
Twins Leaders & Batting Stats
- Luis Arraez is the Twins best hitter so far this season, hitting at a team-leading .257 rate along with one home run and three RBI.
- Arraez ranks 90th in homers and 178th in RBI among all hitters in the majors.
- Max Kepler is hitting .216 with a double, a home run and five walks.
- Kepler ranks 90th in home runs and 178th in RBI among all major league hitters this year.
- Kepler enters this game looking for his fourth game in a row with a hit. During his last five outings he is batting .267 with two walks.
- Gio Urshela is hitting .194 with a home run and four walks.
- Byron Buxton has hit three home runs to lead his team.
White Sox Leaders & Batting Stats
- Andrew Vaughn has put up a team-high three home runs and has driven in seven runs.
- In all of the majors, Vaughn is 14th in home runs and 44th in RBI.
- Luis Robert is hitting .205 with two doubles, two home runs and a walk.
- Robert ranks 40th among all batters in the big leagues in homers, and 178th in RBI.
- Tim Anderson has a team-best batting average of .300.
- Jose Abreu is hitting .205 with three doubles, a home run and five walks.
Betting Tips for Twins vs. White Sox
Our best bet is the White Sox on the moneyline at +107 after looking at all of the key trends and statistics for this matchup. Our computer predicts the scoring will over the total of 9 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price