The Detroit Tigers (6-10) hope to avoid their fourth straight defeat when they visit the Minnesota Twins (9-8) Wednesday at 7:40 PM ET. The Twins are listed as -180 favorites, while the Tigers are +155 underdogs as they try to snap their losing skid. Minnesota’s Joe Ryan and Detroit’s Michael Pineda have been named the starters for this contest.
Table of Contents
Twins vs. Tigers Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Twins vs. Tigers
Our computer pick: Detroit Tigers (+155) and Over (7)
Twins vs. Tigers Game Info
- Minnesota Twins probable starting pitcher: Joe Ryan
- Detroit Tigers probable starting pitcher: Michael Pineda
- Game Day: Wednesday, April 27, 2022
- Game Time: 7:40 PM ET
- Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Stadium: Target Field
Minnesota Twins vs Detroit Tigers Pitching Matchup
Twins Starter Joe Ryan
- Ryan makes the start for the Twins, his fourth of the season. He is 2-1 with a 1.69 ERA and 16 strikeouts in 16 innings pitched.
- His most recent time out came on Thursday against the Kansas City Royals, when the righty went six scoreless innings while giving up two hits.
- The 25-year-old has an ERA of 1.69, with 9.0 strikeouts per nine innings, in three games this season. Opposing hitters have a .167 batting average against him.
- The opposing Tigers offense has the 26th-ranked slugging percentage (.329) and is 29th in MLB play with eight home runs. It has a collective .232 batting average, and is 22nd in MLB with 120 total hits and 25th in MLB action scoring 57 runs.
Tigers Starter Michael Pineda
- The Tigers’ Pineda will make his second start of the season.
- The right-hander’s last appearance was on Thursday, when he threw five scoreless innings while allowing three hits against the New York Yankees.
- He has pitched in one games this season with an ERA of .00, a strikeout to walk ratio and a WHIP of .600.
- The Twins rank 22nd in MLB with a .215 batting average this season. They have a team slugging percentage that ranks 18th in the league (.350) and 17 home runs.
Twins Betting Picks & Insights
- This season, the Twins have won five out of the nine games in which they’ve been favored.
- Minnesota has not entered a game this season as a bigger favorite on the moneyline than the -180 odds on them winning this game.
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 64.3% chance of a victory for the Twins.
- Games involving Minnesota have gone over the total set by bookmakers in six of 17 chances this season.
- The Twins are 7-10-0 ATS in their 17 games with a spread this season.
Tigers Betting Picks & Insights
- The Tigers have won in five, or 38.5%, of the 13 contests they have been named as odds-on underdogs in this year.
- Detroit has played as an underdog of +155 or more just one time this year and came away with a loss in that game.
- The Tigers have an implied victory probability of 39.2% according to the moneyline set for this matchup.
- Detroit’s games have gone over the total in six of their 16 opportunities.
- The Tigers have posted a record of 7-9-0 against the spread this season.
Twins Leaders & Batting Stats
- Byron Buxton is the Twins best power hitter, hitting six homers this season in addition to accumulating 11 RBI, both team highs.
- Luis Arraez is batting .354 to lead his team.
- Arraez is 121st in homers and 101st in RBI in the bigs.
- Max Kepler is batting .241 with two doubles, two home runs and nine walks.
- Kepler has at least one base hit in three straight games. During his last five outings he is hitting .353 with a double, a home run, four walks and three RBI.
- Gio Urshela is batting .304 with a home run and six walks.
Tigers Leaders & Batting Stats
- Austin Meadows has a team-leading batting average of .327 and paces the Tigers in runs batted in with a mark of nine.
- Meadows’ home run total places him 238th in the big leagues, and he is 49th in RBI.
- Spencer Torkelson’s three home runs lead his team.
- Among all MLB hitters, Torkelson ranks 29th in home runs and 67th in RBI.
- Javier Baez is hitting .308 with two doubles, two home runs and two walks.
- Robbie Grossman has a double and eight walks while batting .302.
Betting Tips for Twins vs. Tigers
After digging through all of the key trends and statistics for this matchup, our best bet is the Tigers on the moneyline at +155. Our computer prediction sees the scoring going over the total of 7 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price