The Minnesota Twins (8-8) and Byron Buxton (2 HR in his last game) are favored (-140) on the moneyline for their matchup with the Detroit Tigers (6-9) on Tuesday at 7:40 PM ET. Minnesota’s Chris Paddack gets the start, and he’ll go against Detroit’s Eduardo Rodriguez.
Table of Contents
Twins vs. Tigers Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Twins vs. Tigers
Our computer pick: Detroit Tigers (+120) and Over (7)
Twins vs. Tigers Game Info
- Minnesota Twins probable starting pitcher: Chris Paddack
- Detroit Tigers probable starting pitcher: Eduardo Rodriguez
- Game Day: Tuesday, April 26, 2022
- Game Time: 7:40 PM ET
- Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Stadium: Target Field
Minnesota Twins vs Detroit Tigers Pitching Matchup
Twins Starter Chris Paddack
- Paddack (0-2) pitches for the Twins to make his third start this season.
- In his last appearance on Thursday, the right-hander tossed 5 2/3 innings against the Kansas City Royals, allowing two earned runs while surrendering five hits.
- In two games this season, he has put up a 5.00 ERA and averages 7 strikeouts per nine innings while opposing batters are hitting .297 against him.
- The opposing Tigers offense has the 27th-ranked slugging percentage (.324) and ranks 29th in MLB play with seven home runs. It has a collective .231 batting average, and is 21st in MLB with 112 total hits and 25th in MLB action scoring 53 runs.
Tigers Starter Eduardo Rodriguez
- Rodriguez (0-1) will take to the mound for the Tigers and make his fourth start of the season.
- The left-hander’s last appearance was on Wednesday, when he threw 6 2/3 innings against the New York Yankees, giving up three earned runs while allowing four hits.
- The 29-year-old has pitched in three games this season with an ERA of 5.27, a 2 strikeout to walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.390.
- In three starts this season, he’s earned one quality start.
- Rodríguez has one start of five or more innings this season in three chances. He averages 4.2 innings per outing.
- The Twins rank 19th in MLB with 58 runs scored this season. They have a .217 batting average this campaign with 16 home runs (ninth in the league).
Twins Betting Picks & Insights
- This season, the Twins have been favored eight times and won four of those games.
- Minnesota is undefeated in three games this season when favored by -140 or more on the moneyline.
- The implied probability of a win from the Twins, based on the moneyline, is 58.3%.
- Minnesota and its opponents have hit the over in five of their 16 games with a total this season.
- The Twins are 7-9-0 against the spread in their 16 chances this season.
Tigers Betting Picks & Insights
- The Tigers have been chosen as underdogs in 12 games this year and have walked away with the win five times (41.7%) in those games.
- Detroit has a win-loss record of 1-4 when favored by +120 or worse by oddsmakers this year.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Tigers have a 45.5% chance of walking away with the win.
- Detroit and their opponents have gone over in five of their 15 games with a total set by sportsbooks this season.
- The Tigers have posted a record of 6-9-0 against the spread this season.
Twins Leaders & Batting Stats
- The Twins best power option comes in the form of Buxton and his six-homer 11-RBI season, both team highs.
- Luis Arraez has a club-best .354 batting average.
- Arraez is 108th in home runs and 84th in RBI among all MLB batters this season.
- Gio Urshela is batting .279 with a home run and five walks.
- Jorge Polanco is batting .200 with two doubles, two home runs and nine walks.
Tigers Leaders & Batting Stats
- Austin Meadows has a team-leading batting average of .333 while pacing the Tigers in runs batted in with a mark of nine.
- Among all hitters in MLB, Meadows is 232nd in homers and 33rd in RBI.
- Spencer Torkelson has a team-best three home runs.
- Torkelson is currently 23rd in home runs and 49th in RBI in the big leagues.
- Miguel Cabrera is batting .319 with two doubles and four walks.
- Robbie Grossman is batting .308 with a double and seven walks.
Betting Tips for Twins vs. Tigers
Our best bet is the Tigers on the moneyline at +120 after digging through all of the key stats and trends for this matchup. Our computer predicts the scoring will over the total of 7 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price