The Kansas City Royals (5-5) hope to complete a three-game sweep of the Minnesota Twins (2-8) when the teams meet at 2:10 PM ET on Thursday. The Twins are -121 favorites to prevent the Royals from completing the sweep. Minnesota’s Joe Ryan and Kansas City’s Zack Greinke have been named the starters for this contest.
Table of Contents
Twins vs. Royals Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Twins vs. Royals
Our computer pick: Kansas City Royals (+102) and Over (8)
Twins vs. Royals Game Info
- Minnesota Twins probable starting pitcher: Joe Ryan
- Kansas City Royals probable starting pitcher: Zack Greinke
- Game Day: Thursday, April 21, 2022
- Game Time: 2:10 PM ET
- Location: Kansas City, Missouri
- Stadium: Kauffman Stadium
Minnesota Twins vs Kansas City Royals Pitching Matchup
Twins Starter Joe Ryan
- Ryan (1-1) makes the start for the Twins, his third of the season.
- His most recent time out came on Friday against the Boston Red Sox, when the righty went six innings, surrendering one earned run while giving up five hits.
- In two games this season, he has compiled a 2.70 ERA and averages 9.9 strikeouts per nine innings while opposing batters are hitting .194 against him.
- The opposing Royals offense has the 22nd-ranked slugging percentage (.336) and ranks 23rd in MLB play with eight home runs. It has a collective .218 batting average, and is 28th in MLB with 70 total hits and 28th in MLB action scoring 31 runs.
- The 25-year-old’s 2.70 ERA ranks 24th, 1.100 WHIP ranks 28th, and 9.9 K/9 ranks 13th among qualifying pitchers this season.
Royals Starter Zack Greinke
- Greinke will get the start for the Royals, his third of the season.
- The right-hander’s last appearance was on Friday, when he threw 5 1/3 innings, giving up two earned runs while allowing five hits against the Detroit Tigers.
- He has pitched in two games this season with an ERA of 2.45, a batting average against of .256 and 0.8 strikeouts per nine innings.
- Greinke has made two starts of five or more innings in two chances this season, and averages 5.2 frames when he pitches.
- The Twins rank 29th in MLB with 28 runs scored this season. They have a .176 batting average this campaign with 10 home runs (15th in the league).
- Among qualified pitchers in the majors this year, the 38-year-old ranks 22nd in ERA (2.45), 26th in WHIP (1.091), and 58th in K/9 (0.8).
Twins Betting Picks & Insights
- The Twins have been favorites in five games this season and won one (20%) of those contests.
- Minnesota has a record of 1-4 in games where sportsbooks favor them by at least -121 on the moneyline.
- The sportsbooks’ moneyline implies a 54.8% chance of a victory for the Twins.
- Minnesota and its opponents have gone over the total this season in two of their 10 opportunities.
- The Twins are 2-8-0 against the spread this season.
Royals Betting Picks & Insights
- The Royals have been underdogs in five games this season and have come away with the win three times (60%) in those contests.
- This year, Kansas City has won three of four games when listed as at least +102 or worse on the moneyline.
- The Royals have an implied victory probability of 49.5% according to the moneyline set for this matchup.
- Kansas City and their opponents have gone over in three of their 10 games with a total set by sportsbooks this season.
- The Royals are 5-5-0 against the spread in their 10 games that had a posted line this season.
Twins Leaders & Batting Stats
- Max Kepler has a double, a home run and four walks while batting .226.
- In all of the majors, Kepler is 78th in home runs and 157th in RBI.
- Luis Arraez’s .250 batting average leads his team.
- Arraez is 78th in homers and 157th in RBI in the bigs.
- Gio Urshela is batting .192 with a home run and two walks.
- Gary Sanchez has made the most of his opportunities as he leads his team with eight runs batted in.
Royals Leaders & Batting Stats
- Salvador Perez leads the Royals in home runs (four) and runs batted in (six).
- Perez’s home run total puts him fifth in MLB, and he ranks 56th in RBI.
- Perez has collected a hit in two straight games. In his last five games he is hitting .278 with a double, two home runs, a walk and three RBI.
- Andrew Benintendi is hitting .371 to lead the lineup.
- Benintendi is 78th in homers and 104th in RBI among all MLB hitters this year.
- Nicky Lopez is hitting .367 with three doubles and a walk.
- Hunter Dozier is hitting .324 with a double, a triple and two home runs.
|Michael A. Taylor||10||.207||.281||.310||1||3||6|
Betting Tips for Twins vs. Royals
Our best bet is the Royals on the moneyline at +102 after digging through all of the key trends and stats for this matchup. Our computer predicts the scoring will over the total of 8 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price