The Minnesota Twins (14-9) will put their three-game win streak to the test when they visit the Baltimore Orioles (8-14) Tuesday at 7:05 PM ET. Bookmakers consider the Twins -170 favorites to extend their streak, while the Orioles are +145 underdogs looking for the upset. Joe Ryan will get the ball for Minnesota while Baltimore counter with Bruce Zimmermann.
Table of Contents
Twins vs. Orioles Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Twins vs. Orioles
Our computer pick: Baltimore Orioles (+145) and Over (7)
Twins vs. Orioles Game Info
- Minnesota Twins probable starting pitcher: Joe Ryan
- Baltimore Orioles probable starting pitcher: Bruce Zimmermann
- Game Day: Tuesday, May 3, 2022
- Game Time: 7:05 PM ET
- Location: Baltimore, Maryland
- Stadium: Oriole Park at Camden Yards
Minnesota Twins vs Baltimore Orioles Pitching Matchup
Twins Starter Joe Ryan
- Ryan (3-1) takes the mound for the Twins in his fifth start of the season. He has a 1.17 ERA in 23 innings pitched, with 25 strikeouts.
- In his last time out on Wednesday, the righty went seven scoreless innings against the Detroit Tigers while surrendering one hit.
- In four games this season, the 25-year-old has a 1.17 ERA and 9.8 strikeouts per nine innings, while allowing a batting average of just .132 to his opponents.
- Ryan is aiming to claim his fourth straight quality start in this game.
- Ryan is aiming for his fourth straight appearance lasting five or more innings. He averages 5.2 innings per appearance on the hill.
- He meets an Orioles offense that ranks 29th in the league with 64 runs while batting .216 as a unit. It has a collective .308 slugging percentage (30th in MLB play) and has hit a total of nine home runs (30th in MLB).
- The 25-year-old ranks third in ERA (1.17), second in WHIP (.696), and 15th in K/9 (9.8) among qualifying pitchers in MLB action this season.
Orioles Starter Bruce Zimmermann
- Zimmermann (1-1) will take to the mound for the Orioles and make his fifth start of the season.
- The left-hander last pitched on Thursday, when he gave up no earned runs and allowed five hits in 4 1/3 innings against the New York Yankees.
- The 27-year-old has pitched in four games this season with an ERA of .93, 9.8 strikeouts per nine innings and an opponent batting average of .236.
- In four starts this season, he’s earned a quality start in one of them.
- In four starts this season, Zimmermann has lasted five or more innings two times, with an average of 4.3 innings per appearance.
- The Twins rank 18th in MLB with a .231 batting average this season. They have a team slugging percentage that ranks 15th in the league (.377) and 24 home runs.
Twins Betting Picks & Insights
- This season, the Twins have won eight out of the 12 games, or 66.7%, in which they’ve been favored.
- Minnesota has played as a favorite of -170 or more once this season and won that game.
- The bookmakers’ moneyline implies a 63% chance of a victory for the Twins.
- Minnesota and its opponents have hit the over in nine of their 23 games with a total this season.
- The Twins are 11-12-0 ATS in their 23 games with a spread this season.
Orioles Betting Picks & Insights
- The Orioles have been underdogs in 22 games this season and have come away with the win eight times (36.4%) in those contests.
- Baltimore has a win-loss record of 5-9 when favored by +145 or worse by sportsbooks this year.
- The Orioles have an implied victory probability of 40.8% according to the moneyline set for this matchup.
- Baltimore’s games have gone over the total in five of their 22 opportunities.
- The Orioles have posted a record of 13-9-0 against the spread this season.
Twins Leaders & Batting Stats
- Max Kepler has been the Twins top run producer this season, leading the team with 12 RBI while hitting .247 with five home runs.
- Kepler’s home runs place him 15th in the majors, and he is 43rd in RBI.
- Byron Buxton’s seven home runs and 12 runs batted in both lead his team.
- Buxton has two straight games with at least one hit. In his last five games he is hitting .150 with a home run and an RBI.
- Luis Arraez paces the Twins with a team-best batting average of .296.
- Jorge Polanco has totaled 12 runs batted in to pace his team.
- Polanco has recorded at least one hit in three straight games. In his last five games he is hitting .250 with three doubles, a walk and four RBI.
Orioles Leaders & Batting Stats
- Cedric Mullins paces the Orioles with two home runs.
- Mullins ranks 84th in home runs and 120th in RBI among all hitters in the big leagues.
- Mullins has collected a hit in three straight games. In his last five games he is hitting .238 with two doubles.
- Anthony Santander has put up a team-high two home runs.
- Santander ranks 84th overall in homers and 120th in RBI this year.
- Austin Hays has racked up a team-high batting average of .262.
- Ryan Mountcastle leads the Orioles in home runs (two) and runs batted in (nine).
Betting Tips for Twins vs. Orioles
After looking at all of the key trends and stats for this matchup, our best bet is the Orioles on the moneyline at +145. Our computer picks see the scoring going over the total of 7 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price