The Baltimore Orioles (7-13) enter Monday’s matchup with the Minnesota Twins (13-9) following their 2-1 series victory over the Red Sox. The Twins, coming off of a series win against the Rays, are listed as -152 favorites for Game 1. The series begins at Oriole Park at Camden Yards, starting at 7:05 PM ET. Minnesota’s Chris Paddack gets the start, and he’ll go against Baltimore’s Tyler Wells.
Table of Contents
Twins vs. Orioles Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Twins vs. Orioles
Our computer pick: Baltimore Orioles (+131) and Over (8)
Twins vs. Orioles Game Info
- Minnesota Twins probable starting pitcher: Chris Paddack
- Baltimore Orioles probable starting pitcher: Tyler Wells
- Game Day: Monday, May 2, 2022
- Game Time: 7:05 PM ET
- Location: Baltimore, Maryland
- Stadium: Oriole Park at Camden Yards
Minnesota Twins vs Baltimore Orioles Pitching Matchup
Twins Starter Chris Paddack
- Paddack gets the start for the Twins, his fourth of the season. He is 0-2 with a 3.68 ERA and 13 strikeouts in 14 2/3 innings pitched.
- In his last outing on Tuesday against the Detroit Tigers, the right-hander tossed 5 2/3 innings, giving up one earned run while surrendering five hits.
- The 26-year-old has an ERA of 3.68, with 8.0 strikeouts per nine innings, in three games this season. Opponents are hitting .281 against him.
- Paddack will aim to go five or more innings for his third straight appearance. He’s averaging 4.3 frames per outing.
- The opposing Orioles offense has the worst slugging percentage (.302) and ranks 29th in MLB play with eight home runs. It has a collective .211 batting average, and is 28th in MLB with 140 total hits and last in MLB play scoring 54 runs.
Orioles Starter Tyler Wells
- The Orioles will hand the ball to Wells (0-2) for his fifth start of the season.
- The right-hander gave up two earned runs and allowed three hits in five innings pitched against the New York Yankees on Wednesday.
- The 27-year-old has pitched to a 5.54 ERA this season with 6.9 strikeouts per nine innings compared to 2.8 walks per nine across four games.
- In four starts this season, Wells has lasted five or more innings one time, with an average of 3.1 innings per appearance.
- The Twins have scored 94 runs this season, which ranks 10th in MLB. They are batting .232 for the campaign with 24 home runs, sixth in the league.
Twins Betting Picks & Insights
- This season, the Twins have been favored 11 times and won seven, or 63.6%, of those games.
- Minnesota has played as a favorite of -152 or more once this season and won that game.
- Sportsbooks have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Twins have a 60.3% chance to win.
- So far this season, Minnesota and its opponents have hit the over in nine of their 22 games with a total.
- The Twins are 11-11-0 against the spread in their 22 chances this season.
Orioles Betting Picks & Insights
- The Orioles have been victorious in eight, or 38.1%, of the 21 contests they have been chosen as underdogs in this season.
- This year, Baltimore has won six of 16 games when listed as at least +131 or worse on the moneyline.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Orioles have a 43.3% chance of coming away with a victory in the contest.
- Baltimore’s games have gone over the total in five of their 21 opportunities.
- The Orioles have an against the spread record of 12-9-0 in 21 games with a line this season.
Twins Leaders & Batting Stats
- Max Kepler is the Twins RBI leader this season, knocking in 12 runs to go with his five home runs and .257 batting average.
- Among all hitters in MLB, Kepler ranks 14th in homers and 40th in RBI.
- Kepler brings a hitting streak of two games into this game. During his last five outings he is batting .313 with a double, three home runs, two walks and six RBI.
- Byron Buxton has shown his power as he leads his team with seven home runs and 12 RBI.
- Luis Arraez has a team-high batting average of .299.
- Jorge Polanco has put up 12 runs batted in to pace his team.
- Polanco brings a two-game streak with at least one hit into this one. During his last five outings he is batting .211 with three doubles, two walks and four RBI.
Orioles Leaders & Batting Stats
- Austin Hays leads the team in batting average with a mark of .292.
- Among all hitters in the big leagues, Hays is 152nd in home runs and 161st in RBI.
- Cedric Mullins been a consistent power bat this season, as he paces his team with two home runs and eight RBI.
- Mullins ranks 82nd among all hitters in the big leagues in home runs, and 109th in RBI.
- Anthony Santander leads the Orioles with two long balls.
- Ryan Mountcastle leads the Orioles in home runs (two) and runs batted in (eight).
Betting Tips for Twins vs. Orioles
After digging through all of the key trends and statistics for this matchup, our best bet is the Orioles on the moneyline at +131. Our computer picks see the scoring going over the total of 8 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price