The Minnesota Twins (19-15) are -144 favorites to take Game 3 of th series from the Cleveland Guardians (16-16) Sunday at 2:10 PM ET. The teams enter the matchup with the series record tied, and the underdog Guardians are listed with +123 odds to win the rubber match and take the series victory. Minnesota’s Joe Ryan gets the start, and he’ll go against Cleveland’s Triston McKenzie.
Table of Contents
Twins vs. Guardians Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Twins vs. Guardians
Our computer pick: Cleveland Guardians (+123) and Over (7.5)
Twins vs. Guardians Game Info
- Minnesota Twins probable starting pitcher: Joe Ryan
- Cleveland Guardians probable starting pitcher: Triston McKenzie
- Game Day: Sunday, May 15, 2022
- Game Time: 2:10 PM ET
- Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Stadium: Target Field
Minnesota Twins vs Cleveland Guardians Pitching Matchup
Twins Starter Joe Ryan
- Ryan makes the start for the Twins, his seventh of the season. He is 3-2 with a 2.56 ERA and 31 strikeouts in 31 2/3 innings pitched.
- In his most recent appearance on Tuesday, the righty went four innings against the Houston Astros, giving up four earned runs while surrendering four hits.
- The 25-year-old has put together a 2.56 ERA and 8.8 strikeouts per nine innings in six games this season, while giving up a batting average of .179 to opposing hitters.
- Ryan is trying to record his fourth quality start of the season in this outing.
- Ryan has put up three starts this season in which he pitched five or more innings.
- He will take the mound against a Guardians squad that is hitting .253 as a unit (fourth in MLB). It is also slugging a collective .402 (sixth in MLB) with 30 total home runs (16th in MLB).
Guardians Starter Triston McKenzie
- The Guardians will send McKenzie (2-2) to the mound for his sixth start this season.
- The right-hander’s last start was on Saturday, May 7, when he tossed six innings while giving up two earned runs on four hits in a matchup with the Toronto Blue Jays.
- The 24-year-old has pitched in six games this season with an ERA of 2.76 and 9.2 strikeouts per nine innings, with an opponent batting average of .206.
- If he completes six or more innings with three or fewer earned runs allowed, he’ll earn his third quality start in a row.
- McKenzie will look to pitch five or more innings for the fourth start in a row.
- The Twins have scored 134 runs this season, which ranks 18th in MLB. They are batting .240 for the campaign with 35 home runs, eighth in the league.
Twins Betting Picks & Insights
- This season, the Twins have been favored 19 times and won 13, or 68.4%, of those games.
- Minnesota has a record of 10-1 in games where bookmakers favor them by at least -144 on the moneyline.
- The bookmakers’ moneyline implies a 59% chance of a victory for the Twins.
- Minnesota’s games have gone over the total in 13 of their 34 chances.
- The Twins are 14-20-0 against the spread in their 34 chances this season.
Guardians Betting Picks & Insights
- The Guardians have been victorious in 12, or 46.2%, of the 26 contests they have been chosen as underdogs in this season.
- This season, Cleveland has been victorious six times in 16 chances when named as an underdog of at least +123 or worse on the moneyline.
- The Guardians have an implied victory probability of 44.8% according to the moneyline set by oddsmakers for this matchup.
- Contests with Cleveland have gone over the total set by bookmakers in 21 of 35 chances this season.
- In 35 games with a line this season, the Guardians have a mark of 19-16-0 against the spread.
Twins Leaders & Batting Stats
- Byron Buxton leads the Twins with 10 home runs on the year. He’s also hitting .259 with 18 RBI.
- Jorge Polanco has 20 RBI while hitting .242. Both are team-highs.
- Polanco is 60th in homers and 31st in RBI on the season.
- Polanco carries a four-game streak with at least one hit into this contest. In his last five games he is hitting .278 with two doubles, a home run, four walks and three RBI.
- Max Kepler has five doubles, five home runs and 14 walks while batting .241.
- Luis Arraez is hitting .310 with three doubles, a home run and 11 walks.
Guardians Leaders & Batting Stats
- Jose Ramirez paces the Guardians in home runs (seven) and runs batted in (32).
- Ramirez’s home run total puts him 15th in MLB, and he ranks first in RBI.
- Steven Kwan is hitting .293 with six doubles, a triple, a home run and 14 walks.
- Among all MLB batters, Kwan ranks 225th in homers and 108th in RBI.
- Owen Miller leads the Guardians with a team-high batting average of .311.
- Myles Straw is hitting .242 with six doubles, a triple and 20 walks.
Betting Tips for Twins vs. Guardians
We have the Guardians on the moneyline at +123 on the moneyline as our best bet in this contest after analyzing all of the key stats and trends for this matchup. Our computer prediction sees the scoring going over the total of 7.5 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price