Seeking their 20th win of the year, the Minnesota Twins (19-14) are favorites (-164) on the moneyline when they take on the Cleveland Guardians (15-16) Saturday at 7:10 PM ET. Devin Smeltzer will get the ball for Minnesota while Cleveland counter with Shane Bieber.
Table of Contents
Twins vs. Guardians Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Twins vs. Guardians
Our computer pick: Cleveland Guardians (+141) and Under (8)
Twins vs. Guardians Game Info
- Minnesota Twins probable starting pitcher: Devin Smeltzer
- Cleveland Guardians probable starting pitcher: Shane Bieber
- Game Day: Saturday, May 14, 2022
- Game Time: 7:10 PM ET
- Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Stadium: Target Field
Minnesota Twins vs Cleveland Guardians Pitching Matchup
Twins Starter Devin Smeltzer
- Smeltzer makes his first start of the season for the Twins.
- It’s the season debut and his first appearance in more than a year for the 26-year-old left-hander.
- The Guardians have MLB’s sixth-ranked scoring offense (153 total runs) and have racked up a .255 batting average as a team while hitting 30 home runs (13th in the league) this season.
Guardians Starter Shane Bieber
- The Guardians will hand the ball to Bieber (1-2) for his seventh start of the season.
- The right-hander last pitched on Saturday, when he gave up seven earned runs and allowed eight hits in 3 1/3 innings against the Toronto Blue Jays.
- The 26-year-old has an ERA of 4.41 and 8.0 strikeouts per nine innings with an opponent batting average of .250 in six games this season.
- He has started six games this season, earning a quality start (6 or more IP, 3 or fewer ER) in three of them.
- In six starts this season, Bieber has lasted five or more innings four times, with an average of 5.1 innings per appearance.
- The Twins are batting .239 this season, 10th in MLB. They have a team slugging percentage of .391 (10th in the league) with 34 home runs.
- The 26-year-old’s 4.41 ERA ranks 46th, 1.224 WHIP ranks 40th, and 8.0 K/9 ranks 31st among qualified pitchers in the majors this campaign.
Twins Betting Picks & Insights
- This season, the Twins have been favored 19 times and won 13, or 68.4%, of those games.
- Minnesota has entered five games this season favored by -164 or more, and won each of those games.
- The Twins have a 62.1% chance to win this game based on the implied probability of the moneyline.
- Games involving Minnesota have gone over the total set by oddsmakers in 13 of 33 chances this season.
- The Twins are 13-20-0 ATS in their 33 games with a spread this season.
Guardians Betting Picks & Insights
- The Guardians have been victorious in 12, or 46.2%, of the 26 contests they have been chosen as underdogs in this season.
- Cleveland has a mark of 2-5 in contests where bookmakers favor them by +141 or worse on the moneyline.
- Sportsbooks have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Guardians have a 41.5% chance of pulling out a win.
- Cleveland and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 21 of their 34 opportunities.
- The Guardians are 19-15-0 against the spread in their 34 games that had a posted line this season.
Twins Leaders & Batting Stats
- Byron Buxton’s 10 homers in 2022 are the most on the Twins. He’s also knocked in 18 runs while hitting .259.
- Jorge Polanco has been productive as he paces his team with 20 runs batted in.
- Polanco is 57th in home runs and 25th in RBI in the majors.
- Polanco heads into this game looking for his fourth game in a row with a hit. During his last five outings he is batting .294 with two doubles, a home run, four walks and five RBI.
- Max Kepler is hitting .250 with five doubles, five home runs and 14 walks.
- Luis Arraez is hitting .304 with three doubles, a home run and 11 walks.
Guardians Leaders & Batting Stats
- Jose Ramirez has managed a team-leading seven home runs and has driven in 32 runs.
- Ramirez is 12th in homers and first in RBI among all hitters in MLB.
- Ramirez brings a hitting streak of two games into this game. In his last five games he is batting .238 with a double, a triple, three walks and three RBI.
- Steven Kwan is batting .284 with six doubles, a triple, a home run and 14 walks.
- Kwan is 213th in home runs and 98th in RBI among all batters in the majors.
- Owen Miller has accumulated a team-high batting average of .314.
- Myles Straw is hitting .243 with six doubles, a triple and 20 walks.
Betting Tips for Twins vs. Guardians
Our best bet is the Guardians on the moneyline at +141 after looking at all of the key trends and stats for this matchup. Our computer predicts the total score will under the total of 8 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price