Josh Naylor leads the Cleveland Guardians (15-15) into Friday’s matchup with the Minnesota Twins (18-14) on a two-game homer streak. His Guardians are underdogs for the contest, however, with bookmakers naming the Twins as -159 moneyline favorites. The game starts at 8:10 PM ET from Target Field. Minnesota’s Sonny Gray gets the start, and he’ll go against Cleveland’s Aaron Civale.
Table of Contents
Twins vs. Guardians Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Twins vs. Guardians
Our computer pick: Cleveland Guardians (+136) and Over (8)
Twins vs. Guardians Game Info
- Minnesota Twins probable starting pitcher: Sonny Gray
- Cleveland Guardians probable starting pitcher: Aaron Civale
- Game Day: Friday, May 13, 2022
- Game Time: 8:10 PM ET
- Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Stadium: Target Field
Minnesota Twins vs Cleveland Guardians Pitching Matchup
Twins Starter Sonny Gray
- Gray (0-1 with a 3.48 ERA and 12 strikeouts in 10 1/3 innings pitched) makes the start for the Twins, his fourth of the season.
- The righty last pitched on Saturday against the Oakland Athletics, when he tossed four scoreless innings while giving up two hits.
- In three games this season, the 32-year-old has put up a 3.48 ERA and 10.5 strikeouts per nine innings, while allowing a batting average of .189 to his opponents.
- The opposing Guardians offense has the fourth-ranked slugging percentage (.402) and is 17th in MLB play with 27 home runs. It has a collective .255 batting average, and is fifth in MLB with 262 total hits and sixth in MLB action scoring 145 runs.
Guardians Starter Aaron Civale
- The Guardians’ Civale (1-2) will make his sixth start of the season.
- The right-hander’s last appearance was on Thursday, May 5, when he threw 5 2/3 innings against the Toronto Blue Jays, giving up four earned runs while allowing six hits.
- The 26-year-old has pitched in five games this season with an ERA of 9.45 and 9.9 strikeouts per nine innings, with an opponent batting average of .326.
- None of Civale’s five starts this season have met the criteria for a quality start.
- Civale has started five games this season, and he’s lasted five or more innings one time. He averages 4.0 innings per appearance.
- The Twins rank 16th in MLB with a .234 batting average this season. They have a team slugging percentage that ranks 14th in the league (.377) and 30 home runs.
Twins Betting Picks & Insights
- This season, the Twins have won 12 out of the 18 games, or 66.7%, in which they’ve been favored.
- Minnesota has been at least a -159 moneyline favorite five times this season and won each of those games.
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 61.4% chance of a victory for the Twins.
- Minnesota’s games have gone over the total in 12 of their 32 chances.
- The Twins have an ATS record of 12-20-0 in 32 games with a spread this season.
Guardians Betting Picks & Insights
- The Guardians have been chosen as underdogs in 25 games this year and have walked away with the win 12 times (48%) in those games.
- This year, Cleveland has won two of eight games when listed as at least +136 or worse on the moneyline.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Guardians have a 42.4% chance of walking away with the win.
- Cleveland and their opponents have gone over in 20 of their 33 games with a total set by sportsbooks this season.
- The Guardians have posted a record of 19-14-0 against the spread this season.
Twins Leaders & Batting Stats
- Byron Buxton’s nine round-trippers in 2022 are the most on the Twins. He’s also driven in 17 runs while hitting .256.
- Jorge Polanco has collected 19 runs batted in to lead his team.
- Polanco is 84th in homers and 25th in RBI among all major league batters this season.
- Polanco has two straight games with at least one hit. In his last five games he is hitting .412 with three doubles, a home run, three walks and five RBI.
- Max Kepler has four doubles, five home runs and 14 walks while batting .230.
- Luis Arraez is batting .316 with three doubles, a home run and 10 walks.
- Arraez takes a three-game streak with at least one hit into this one. During his last five outings he is hitting .333 with a double and three walks.
Guardians Leaders & Batting Stats
- Jose Ramirez leads the Guardians in home runs (seven) and runs batted in (30).
- In all of the majors, Ramirez is 11th in homers and first in RBI.
- Steven Kwan has six doubles, a triple, a home run and 13 walks while hitting .298.
- Kwan is 207th in home runs and 88th in RBI among all major league batters this year.
- Owen Miller paces the Guardians with a team-best batting average of .333.
- Naylor is hitting .347 with four doubles, five home runs and three walks.
Betting Tips for Twins vs. Guardians
Our best bet is the Guardians on the moneyline at +136 after analyzing all of the key statistics and trends for this matchup. Our computer projects the total score will over the total of 8 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price