The Oakland Athletics (10-17) will try to end their eight-game losing streak when they visit the Minnesota Twins (17-11) on Sunday at 2:10 PM ET. Oddsmakers consider the Twins to be -180 favorites for the contest, while the Athletics are +158 underdogs looking for the upset. Chris Paddack will get the ball for Minnesota while Oakland counter with Daulton Jefferies.
Table of Contents
Twins vs. Athletics Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Twins vs. Athletics
Our computer pick: Oakland Athletics (+158) and Over (7)
Twins vs. Athletics Game Info
- Minnesota Twins probable starting pitcher: Chris Paddack
- Oakland Athletics probable starting pitcher: Daulton Jefferies
- Game Day: Sunday, May 8, 2022
- Game Time: 2:10 PM ET
- Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Stadium: Target Field
Minnesota Twins vs Oakland Athletics Pitching Matchup
Twins Starter Chris Paddack
- The Twins are sending Paddack (1-2) to the mound for his fifth start of the season. He is 1-2 with a 3.15 ERA and 16 strikeouts in 20 innings pitched.
- In his last time out on Monday, the righty threw 5 1/3 innings against the Baltimore Orioles, giving up one earned run while surrendering four hits.
- In four games this season, the 26-year-old has an ERA of 3.15, with 7.2 strikeouts per nine innings. Opponents are hitting .263 against him.
- Paddack will try to build upon a four-game streak of lasting five or more innings (he’s averaging 5.0 innings per appearance).
- The opposing Athletics offense has the 29th-ranked slugging percentage (.317) and is 22nd in MLB play with 19 home runs. It has a collective .200 batting average, and is 26th in MLB with 175 total hits and 23rd in MLB action scoring 93 runs.
Athletics Starter Daulton Jefferies
- The Athletics’ Jefferies (1-4) will make his sixth start of the season.
- The right-hander’s last start was on Tuesday, when he tossed five innings while giving up six earned runs on 11 hits in a matchup with the Tampa Bay Rays.
- The 26-year-old has pitched in five games this season with an ERA of 4.81 and 5.9 strikeouts per nine innings, with an opponent batting average of .276.
- He has one quality starts in five chances this season.
- Jefferies has three starts of five or more innings this season in five chances. He averages 4.3 innings per outing.
- The Twins rank 13th in MLB with 113 runs scored this season. They have a .236 batting average this campaign with 30 home runs (seventh in the league).
Twins Betting Picks & Insights
- The Twins have won 11, or 64.7%, of the 17 games they’ve played as favorites this season.
- Minnesota has entered three games this season favored by -180 or more, and won each of those games.
- Sportsbooks have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Twins have a 64.3% chance to win.
- Minnesota and its opponents have hit the over in 11 of their 28 games with a total this season.
- The Twins are 12-16-0 against the spread in their 28 chances this season.
Athletics Betting Picks & Insights
- The Athletics have been underdogs in 21 games this season and have come away with the win seven times (33.3%) in those contests.
- Oakland has a mark of 5-8 in contests where bookmakers favor them by +158 or worse on the moneyline.
- Sportsbooks have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Athletics have a 38.8% chance of pulling out a win.
- Oakland and their opponents have gone over in 12 of their 27 games with a total set by sportsbooks this season.
- The Athletics have an against the spread mark of 13-14-0 in 27 games with a line this season.
Twins Leaders & Batting Stats
- Byron Buxton is the Twins best power hitter, launching nine home runs this season in addition to collecting 17 RBI, both team highs.
- Max Kepler is batting .244 with three doubles, five home runs and 13 walks.
- Kepler is 24th in homers in baseball, and 65th in RBI.
- Jorge Polanco is hitting .232 with six doubles, three home runs and 14 walks.
- Polanco is on an eight-game hitting streak entering this contest. In his last 10 outings he is batting .316 with four doubles, a home run, three walks and seven RBI.
- Carlos Correa has a club-best .255 batting average.
Athletics Leaders & Batting Stats
- Sheldon Neuse paces the Athletics with a .307 batting average.
- In all of the big leagues, Neuse is 106th in home runs and 42nd in RBI.
- Neuse carries a two-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last five games he is hitting .238 with a double and an RBI.
- Sean Murphy has been a reliable source of runs this year, leading the lineup with four home runs and 15 RBI.
- Murphy is 35th in homers and 30th in RBI among all hitters in the majors.
- Elvis Andrus has five doubles, a home run and nine walks while batting .193.
- Tony Kemp is batting .216 with two doubles and nine walks.
Betting Tips for Twins vs. Athletics
Our best bet is the Athletics on the moneyline at +158 after analyzing all of the key stats and trends for this matchup. Our computer projects the scoring will over the total of 7 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price