Led by Byron Buxton (two-game homer streak), the Minnesota Twins (16-11) are favorites versus the Oakland Athletics (10-16) Saturday at 2:10 PM ET. Bookmakers have named the Twins as -186 favorites for the game. Minnesota’s Sonny Gray gets the start, and he’ll go against Oakland’s James Kaprielian.
Table of Contents
Twins vs. Athletics Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Twins vs. Athletics
Our computer pick: Oakland Athletics (+159) and Over (7.5)
Twins vs. Athletics Game Info
- Minnesota Twins probable starting pitcher: Sonny Gray
- Oakland Athletics probable starting pitcher: James Kaprielian
- Game Day: Saturday, May 7, 2022
- Game Time: 2:10 PM ET
- Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Stadium: Target Field
Minnesota Twins vs Oakland Athletics Pitching Matchup
Twins Starter Sonny Gray
- Gray makes his first start of the season for the Twins.
- The 32-year-old righty makes his season debut and pitches for the first time in more than a year.
- The Athletics are 23rd in MLB action with 93 runs scored this season, and are batting .203 with 19 home runs (22nd in baseball).
Athletics Starter James Kaprielian
- The Athletics’ Kaprielian will make his second start of the season.
- The right-hander last pitched on Sunday, when he threw two innings against the Cleveland Guardians, giving up four earned runs.
- He has an ERA of 18.00, a batting average against of .300 and 9.0 strikeouts per nine innings in one games this season.
- The Twins have scored 112 runs this season, which ranks 13th in MLB. They have 208 hits, ninth in baseball, with 29 home runs (eighth in the league).
Twins Betting Picks & Insights
- The Twins have won 10, or 62.5%, of the 16 games they’ve played as favorites this season.
- Minnesota has played as a favorite of -186 or more twice this season and won both games.
- The Twins have a 65% chance to win this game based on the implied probability of the moneyline.
- Minnesota’s games have gone over the total in 11 of their 27 chances.
- The Twins are 12-15-0 ATS in their 27 games with a spread this season.
Athletics Betting Picks & Insights
- The Athletics have won in seven, or 35%, of the 20 contests they have been named as odds-on underdogs in this year.
- Oakland has a mark of 4-6 in contests where bookmakers favor them by +159 or worse on the moneyline.
- Bookmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Athletics have a 38.6% chance of pulling out a win.
- Oakland and their opponents have hit the over in 12 of their 26 games with a total set by oddsmakers this season.
- The Athletics have posted a record of 12-14-0 against the spread this season.
Twins Leaders & Batting Stats
- Buxton is the Twins best power option, launching nine long balls this season in addition to delivering 17 RBI, both team highs.
- Buxton has collected a hit in five straight games. During his last five outings he is hitting .333 with a double, three home runs, two walks and six RBI.
- Max Kepler has three doubles, five home runs and 12 walks while batting .253.
- Kepler ranks 24th in homers and 64th in RBI among all major league hitters this year.
- Jorge Polanco is hitting .211 with five doubles, two home runs and 14 walks.
- Polanco is on a seven-game hitting streak entering this contest. During his last 10 outings he is hitting .243 with three doubles, four walks and six RBI.
- Carlos Correa’s .255 batting average paces his team.
Athletics Leaders & Batting Stats
- Sheldon Neuse leads the team in batting average with a mark of .310.
- Neuse’s home run total puts him 104th in the big leagues, and he is 41st in RBI.
- Sean Murphy has been a reliable source of runs this year, leading the lineup with four home runs and 15 RBI.
- Murphy is currently 35th in homers and 30th in RBI in the big leagues.
- Elvis Andrus has five doubles, a home run and nine walks while hitting .188.
- Tony Kemp is batting .226 with two doubles and nine walks.
Betting Tips for Twins vs. Athletics
After looking at all of the key statistics and trends for this matchup, our best bet is the Athletics on the moneyline at +159. Our computer prediction sees the scoring going over the total of 7.5 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price