The Minnesota Twins (21-16), led by the red-hot Gary Sanchez and his two-game homer streak, are -157 favorites to pick up a win over the Oakland Athletics (16-23) Wednesday at 3:37 PM ET, live from Oakland Coliseum. Sonny Gray will get the ball for Minnesota while Oakland counter with Daulton Jefferies.
Table of Contents
Twins vs. Athletics Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Twins vs. Athletics
Our computer pick: Oakland Athletics (+136) and Over (7.5)
Twins vs. Athletics Game Info
- Minnesota Twins probable starting pitcher: Sonny Gray
- Oakland Athletics probable starting pitcher: Daulton Jefferies
- Game Day: Wednesday, May 18, 2022
- Game Time: 3:37 PM ET
- Location: Oakland, California
- Stadium: Oakland Coliseum
Minnesota Twins vs Oakland Athletics Pitching Matchup
Twins Starter Sonny Gray
- Gray (0-1) takes the mound for the Twins in his fifth start of the season. He has a 3.68 ERA in 14 2/3 innings pitched, with 20 strikeouts.
- His last time out came on Saturday against the Cleveland Guardians, when the right-hander threw 4 1/3 innings, surrendering two earned runs while giving up four hits.
- In four games this season, the 32-year-old has an ERA of 3.68, with 12.3 strikeouts per nine innings. Opponents are hitting .204 against him.
- He will take the mound against an Athletics offense that ranks 29th in MLB with 250 total hits (on a .201 batting average). The squad also slugs a collective .310 (30th in MLB) with 23 total home runs (28th in MLB).
- Gray has pitched four innings without giving up an earned run on two hits, while striking out seven against the Athletics this season.
Athletics Starter Daulton Jefferies
- The Athletics’ Jefferies (1-6) will make his eighth start of the season.
- The right-hander gave up two earned runs and allowed five hits in six innings pitched against the Los Angeles Angels on Saturday.
- The 26-year-old has pitched to a 4.84 ERA this season with 5.9 strikeouts per nine innings compared to 1.3 walks per nine across seven games.
- In seven starts this season, he’s earned a quality start in two of them.
- Jefferies will look to pitch five or more innings for the fourth start in a row.
- The Twins rank 20th in MLB with 142 runs scored this season. They have a .236 batting average this campaign with 40 home runs (eighth in the league).
- The Twins have gone 7-for-21 with two doubles and four RBI in five innings this season against the right-hander.
Twins Betting Picks & Insights
- This season, the Twins have been favored 21 times and won 15, or 71.4%, of those games.
- Minnesota is undefeated in six games this season when favored by -157 or more on the moneyline.
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 61.1% chance of a victory for the Twins.
- Minnesota and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 13 of their 37 opportunities.
- The Twins are 16-21-0 ATS in their 37 games with a spread this season.
Athletics Betting Picks & Insights
- The Athletics have been underdogs in 30 games this season and have come away with the win 11 times (36.7%) in those contests.
- This season, Oakland has been victorious six times in 17 chances when named as an underdog of at least +136 or longer on the moneyline.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Athletics have a 42.4% chance of coming away with a victory in the contest.
- Oakland and their opponents have hit the over in 14 of their 39 games with a total set by oddsmakers this season.
- In 39 games with a line this season, the Athletics have a mark of 19-20-0 against the spread.
Twins Leaders & Batting Stats
- Byron Buxton’s 11 homers in 2022 are the most on the Twins. He’s also driven in 20 runs while hitting .256.
- Buxton has collected a hit in three games in a row. In his last five games he is hitting .167 with two home runs, two walks and three RBI.
- Max Kepler’s .254 batting average is a team-high mark.
- Kepler is 48th in homers and 91st in RBI on the season.
- Kepler carries a two-game streak with at least one hit into this matchup. In his last five games he is hitting .353 with a double, two walks and three RBI.
- Jorge Polanco paces the Twins with 21 runs batted in.
- Luis Arraez is hitting .308 with three doubles, a home run and 15 walks.
Athletics Leaders & Batting Stats
- Sean Murphy has managed a team-high four home runs and has driven in 20 runs.
- Murphy is 72nd in home runs and 41st in RBI among all hitters in the majors.
- Sheldon Neuse is batting .281 to lead the lineup.
- Neuse is currently 168th in home runs and 111th in RBI in the big leagues.
- Tony Kemp has four doubles, a home run and 13 walks while hitting .213.
- Elvis Andrus has seven doubles, a home run and 12 walks while hitting .225.
Betting Tips for Twins vs. Athletics
Our best bet is the Athletics on the moneyline at +136 after taking a look at all of the key trends and stats for this matchup. Our computer predicts the total score will over the total of 7.5 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price