The Oakland Athletics (15-23) hope to avoid their fourth straight defeat when they host the Minnesota Twins (21-15) Tuesday at 9:40 PM ET. The Twins are listed as -120 favorites, while the Athletics are +100 underdogs as they try to snap their losing skid. Dylan Bundy will get the ball for Minnesota while Oakland counter with James Kaprielian.
Table of Contents
Twins vs. Athletics Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Twins vs. Athletics
Our computer pick: Oakland Athletics (+100) and Over (7)
Twins vs. Athletics Game Info
- Minnesota Twins probable starting pitcher: Dylan Bundy
- Oakland Athletics probable starting pitcher: James Kaprielian
- Game Day: Tuesday, May 17, 2022
- Game Time: 9:40 PM ET
- Location: Oakland, California
- Stadium: Oakland Coliseum
Minnesota Twins vs Oakland Athletics Pitching Matchup
Twins Starter Dylan Bundy
- Bundy will make his first start of the season for the Twins.
- It’s the season debut and his first appearance in more than a year for the 29-year-old righty.
- The Athletics have scored 123 total runs this season, making them MLB’s 25th-ranked scoring offense on the season so far. As a team they have a .198 batting average while hitting 22 home runs (27th in the league).
Athletics Starter James Kaprielian
- Kaprielian (0-2) will take the mound for the Athletics, his fourth start of the season.
- The right-hander last pitched on Thursday, when he gave up two earned runs and allowed three hits in five innings against the Detroit Tigers.
- The 28-year-old has an ERA of 4.97 and 7.1 strikeouts per nine innings with an opponent batting average of .196 in three games this season.
- Kaprielian will look to pitch five or more innings for the third start in a row.
- The Twins are batting .237 this season, 12th in MLB. They have a team slugging percentage of .390 (11th in the league) with 38 home runs.
- The right-hander has allowed the Twins to go 3-for-19 with a double, a home run and an RBI in 5 2/3 innings this season.
Twins Betting Picks & Insights
- The Twins have entered the game as favorites 21 times this season and won 15, or 71.4%, of those games.
- This season, Minnesota has won 15 of its 21 games, or 71.4%, when favored by at least -120 on the moneyline.
- The implied probability of a win from the Twins, based on the moneyline, is 54.5%.
- So far this season, Minnesota and its opponents have hit the over in 13 of their 36 games with a total.
- The Twins are 16-20-0 ATS in their 36 games with a spread this season.
Athletics Betting Picks & Insights
- The Athletics have come away with 11 wins in the 30 contests they have been listed as the underdogs in this season.
- This season, Oakland has come away with a win 11 times in 30 chances when named as an underdog of at least +100 or worse on the moneyline.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Athletics have a 50% chance of coming away with a victory in the contest.
- Contests with Oakland have gone over the total set by bookmakers in 14 of 38 chances this season.
- The Athletics have an against the spread mark of 18-20-0 in 38 games with a line this season.
Twins Leaders & Batting Stats
- Byron Buxton has gone yard 11 times this season, the highest mark on the Twins, while hitting .256 with 20 RBI.
- Buxton carries a three-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last five games he is hitting .167 with two home runs, two walks and three RBI.
- Jorge Polanco has capitalized on opportunities as he leads his team with 21 runs batted in.
- Polanco ranks 67th in home runs and 26th in RBI among all batters in MLB.
- Max Kepler paces the Twins with a team-best batting average of .243.
- Luis Arraez is batting .318 with three doubles, a home run and 13 walks.
- Arraez is riding a three-game hitting streak into this one. In his last five games he is batting .400 with a double and four walks.
Athletics Leaders & Batting Stats
- Sean Murphy paces the Athletics in home runs (four) and runs batted in (18).
- Murphy’s home run total places him 67th in MLB, and he is 52nd in RBI.
- Sheldon Neuse is batting .281 to lead the lineup.
- Among all MLB batters, Neuse ranks 161st in home runs and 105th in RBI.
- Tony Kemp is hitting .213 with four doubles, a home run and 13 walks.
- Elvis Andrus is hitting .222 with six doubles, a home run and 11 walks.
Betting Tips for Twins vs. Athletics
Our best bet is the Athletics on the moneyline at +100 after taking a look at all of the key statistics and trends for this matchup. Our computer projects the total score will over the total of 7 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price