The Minnesota Twins (20-15), led by the red-hot Byron Buxton and his two-game homer streak, are -132 favorites to pick up a win over the Oakland Athletics (15-22) Monday at 9:40 PM ET, live from Oakland Coliseum. Chris Archer starts for Minnesota while Zach Logue is Oakland’s starter for the contest.
Table of Contents
Twins vs. Athletics Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Twins vs. Athletics
Our computer pick: Oakland Athletics (+111) and Under (7.5)
Twins vs. Athletics Game Info
- Minnesota Twins probable starting pitcher: Chris Archer
- Oakland Athletics probable starting pitcher: Zach Logue
- Game Day: Monday, May 16, 2022
- Game Time: 9:40 PM ET
- Location: Oakland, California
- Stadium: Oakland Coliseum
Minnesota Twins vs Oakland Athletics Pitching Matchup
Twins Starter Chris Archer
- Archer makes the start for the Twins, his seventh of the season. He is 0-1 with a 4.43 ERA and 22 strikeouts in 22 1/3 innings pitched.
- The right-hander last pitched on Wednesday against the Houston Astros, when he threw three innings, allowing four earned runs while giving up five hits.
- The 33-year-old has amassed a 4.43 ERA and 8.9 strikeouts per nine innings in six games this season, while giving up a batting average of .241 to his opponents.
- Archer is yet to notch a quality start so far this season.
- Archer is yet to go five or more innings in any of his six starts (he’s averaging 3 2/3 innings per appearance).
- He meets an Athletics offense that ranks 25th in the league with 122 runs while batting .199 as a squad. It has a collective .308 slugging percentage (30th in MLB play) and has hit a total of 22 home runs (27th in MLB).
Athletics Starter Zach Logue
- Logue will take to the mound for the Athletics, his third start of the season.
- The left-hander last pitched on Wednesday against the Detroit Tigers, throwing seven innings without allowing a run.
- He has pitched in three games this season with an ERA of 1.35, a batting average against of .216 and 8.1 strikeouts per nine innings.
- He has earned a quality start one time in two starts this season.
- Logue has pitched five or more innings in two straight games and will look to extend that streak.
- The Twins are batting .237 this season, 11th in MLB. They have a team slugging percentage of .390 (11th in the league) with 37 home runs.
- This season, the left-hander has pitched against the Twins in one game, and they have gone 5-for-20 with two doubles, two home runs and two RBI over five innings.
Twins Betting Picks & Insights
- This season, the Twins have won 14 out of the 20 games, or 70%, in which they’ve been favored.
- Minnesota has entered 17 games this season favored by -132 or more and is 14-3 in those contests.
- The Twins have a 56.9% chance to win this game based on the implied probability of the moneyline.
- Minnesota and its opponents have hit the over in 13 of their 35 games with a total this season.
- The Twins have an ATS record of 15-20-0 in 35 games with a spread this season.
Athletics Betting Picks & Insights
- The Athletics have been victorious in 11, or 37.9%, of the 29 contests they have been chosen as underdogs in this season.
- Oakland has a mark of 7-14 in contests where sportsbooks favor them by +111 or worse on the moneyline.
- The Athletics have an implied victory probability of 47.4% according to the moneyline set by oddsmakers for this matchup.
- Oakland and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 14 of their 37 opportunities.
- The Athletics are 18-19-0 against the spread in their 37 games with a line set by sportsbooks this season.
Twins Leaders & Batting Stats
- Buxton has put up a team-high 11 home runs.
- Buxton carries a two-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last five outings he is batting .125 with two home runs, two walks and two RBI.
- Jorge Polanco has been productive as he paces his team with 20 RBI.
- Polanco is 62nd in homers and 32nd in RBI in the majors.
- Max Kepler paces the Twins with a .243 batting average.
- Luis Arraez is batting .314 with three doubles, a home run and 13 walks.
- Arraez is riding a two-game hitting streak into this one. During his last five outings he is hitting .400 with a double and six walks.
Athletics Leaders & Batting Stats
- Sean Murphy has managed a team-high four home runs and has driven in 18 runs.
- In all of MLB, Murphy ranks 62nd in home runs and 51st in RBI.
- Sheldon Neuse’s .281 batting average leads his team.
- Neuse is currently 153rd in homers and 99th in RBI in the major leagues.
- Tony Kemp is batting .212 with four doubles, a home run and 13 walks.
- Elvis Andrus is batting .210 with five doubles, a home run and 11 walks.
Betting Tips for Twins vs. Athletics
We have the Athletics on the moneyline at +111 on the moneyline as our best bet in this game after analyzing all of the key trends and stats for this matchup. Our computer picks see the scoring going under the total of 7.5 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price