The Toronto Blue Jays start their season as home favorites (-165) in a matchup with the Texas Rangers on Friday at 7:07 PM ET, live on from Rogers Centre. Toronto’s Jose Berrios gets the start, and he’ll go against Texas’ Jon Gray.
Table of Contents
Toronto Blue Jays vs. Texas Rangers: Predictions, Betting Odds, Spread, Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Blue Jays vs. Rangers
Our computer pick: Texas Rangers (+135)
Blue Jays vs. Rangers Game Info
- Toronto Blue Jays probable starting pitcher: José Berríos
- Texas Rangers probable starting pitcher: Jon Gray
- Game Day: Friday, April 8, 2022
- Game Time: 7:07 PM ET
- Location: Toronto, Ontario
- Stadium: Rogers Centre
Toronto Blue Jays vs Texas Rangers Pitching Matchup
Blue Jays Starter José Berríos
- Berrios will start for the Blue Jays, his first of the season.
- The 27-year-old right-hander started and threw six innings in his last appearance on Wednesday, Sept. 29 against the New York Yankees.
- In 32 games last season he finished with a 12-9 record and had a 3.52 ERA and a 1.063 WHIP.
- Last season he ranked 20th in ERA (3.52), 12th in WHIP (1.063), and 18th in K/9 (9.6) among qualified pitchers in the league.
Rangers Starter Jon Gray
- Gray has been named the starter for the Rangers and will make his first start this season.
- The last time the righty took the mound was on Saturday, Oct. 2 last season, when he pitched four innings in a matchup with the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Last season, he posted a 4.59 ERA with 9.5 strikeouts per nine innings and a record of 8-12.
Blue Jays Betting Picks & Insights
- The Blue Jays were favorites in 105 games last season and won 62 (59%) of those contests.
- Toronto was 41-20 last season when entering a game favored by -165 or more on the moneyline.
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 62.3% chance of a victory for the Blue Jays.
- Last season, Toronto and its opponents hit the over in 70 of their 159 games with a total.
- The Blue Jays were 63-51-0 against the spread in their 114 chances last season.
Rangers Betting Picks & Insights
- The Rangers were chosen as underdogs in 136 games last year and walked away with the win 51 times (37.5%) in those games.
- Texas had a mark of 27-53 in contests where bookmakers set them as +135 or longer on the moneyline.
- The Rangers have an implied victory probability of 42.6% according to the moneyline set for this matchup.
- Texas and its opponents went over the total last season in 77 of their 159 opportunities.
- The Rangers went 52-63-0 against the spread in their 115 games with a line set by sportsbooks last season.
Blue Jays Leaders & Batting Stats
- Vladimir Guerrero Jr. accumulated a batting average of .311, while hitting 48 home runs last season.
- Bo Bichette hit .298 with 30 doubles, a triple, 29 home runs and 40 walks.
- Teoscar Hernandez had 116 runs batted in a season ago.
- Lourdes Gurriel Jr. had 28 doubles, two triples, 21 home runs and 32 walks while hitting .276.
|Vladimir Guerrero Jr.||161||.311||.401||.601||48||111||188|
|Lourdes Gurriel Jr.||141||.276||.319||.466||21||84||138|
Rangers Leaders & Batting Stats
- Marcus Semien accumulated a batting average of .265, with 45 home runs and 102 runs batted in last season.
- Nate Lowe hit .264 with 24 doubles, three triples, 18 home runs and 80 walks.
- Adolis Garcia hit .243 last season with 26 doubles, two triples, 31 home runs and 32 walks.
- Corey Seager had 22 doubles, three triples, 16 home runs and 48 walks while batting .306.
Betting Tips for Blue Jays vs. Rangers
After looking at all of the key statistics and trends for this matchup, our best bet is the Rangers on the moneyline at +135.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price