The Toronto Blue Jays (5-4), led by the red-hot Danny Jansen and his two-game homer streak, are -250 favorites to pick up a win over the Oakland Athletics (4-4) Sunday at 1:37 PM ET, live from Rogers Centre. Toronto’s Alek Manoah gets the start, and he’ll go against Oakland’s Adam Oller.
Table of Contents
Toronto Blue Jays vs. Oakland Athletics: Predictions, Betting Odds, Spread, Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Blue Jays vs. Athletics
Our computer pick: Oakland Athletics (+204) and Over (9)
Blue Jays vs. Athletics Game Info
- Toronto Blue Jays probable starting pitcher: Alek Manoah
- Oakland Athletics probable starting pitcher: Adam Oller
- Game Day: Sunday, April 17, 2022
- Game Time: 1:37 PM ET
- Location: Toronto, Ontario
- Stadium: Rogers Centre
Toronto Blue Jays vs Oakland Athletics Pitching Matchup
Blue Jays Starter Alek Manoah
- Manoah (1-0) starts for the Blue Jays, his second this season.
- The righty last appeared on Monday against the New York Yankees, when he threw six scoreless innings while giving up one hit.
- Over his one games this season, opposing hitters have a collective batting average of only .053 against him. He has a .00 ERA and averages 10.5 strikeouts per nine innings.
- The opposing Athletics offense has a collective .212 batting average, and is 20th in the league with 57 total hits and eighth in MLB action with 37 runs scored. It has the 23rd-ranked slugging percentage (.335) and ranks 16th in home runs (seven) in all of MLB.
Athletics Starter Adam Oller
- Oller will take to the mound for the Athletics, his second start of the season.
- The right-hander’s last appearance was on Tuesday, when he threw 1 1/3 innings, giving up five earned runs while allowing five hits against the Tampa Bay Rays.
- He has pitched in one games this season with an ERA of 33.75, a 1 strikeout to walk ratio and a WHIP of 6.000.
- The Blue Jays have scored 38 runs this season, which ranks fifth in MLB. They have 77 hits, third in baseball, with 14 home runs (first in the league).
Blue Jays Betting Picks & Insights
- The Blue Jays have entered the game as favorites five times this season and won three of those games.
- Toronto has not entered a game this season as a bigger favorite on the moneyline than the -250 odds on them winning this game.
- The Blue Jays have a 71.4% chance to win this game based on the implied probability of the moneyline.
- Toronto’s games have gone over the total in four of their eight chances.
- The Blue Jays have an ATS record of 4-4-0 in eight games with a spread this season.
Athletics Betting Picks & Insights
- The Athletics have been chosen as underdogs in eight games this year and have walked away with the win four times (50%) in those games.
- This is the worst odds of a win that sportsbooks have given Oakland this season with a +204 moneyline set for this game.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Athletics have a 32.9% chance of walking away with the win.
- Oakland and their opponents have hit the over in four of their eight games with a total set by oddsmakers this season.
- The Athletics have an against the spread mark of 5-3-0 in eight games with a line this season.
Blue Jays Leaders & Batting Stats
- Vladimir Guerrero Jr. hit 48 home runs while putting up a batting average of .311 last season.
- Bo Bichette hit .298 with 30 doubles, a triple, 29 home runs and 40 walks.
- Lourdes Gurriel Jr. hit .276 a season ago with 28 doubles, two triples, 21 home runs and 32 walks.
- Raimel Tapia hit .273 with 26 doubles, two triples, six home runs and 40 walks.
|Vladimir Guerrero Jr.||9||.324||.361||.794||5||10||11|
|Lourdes Gurriel Jr.||9||.273||.333||.333||0||4||9|
Athletics Leaders & Batting Stats
- Jed Lowrie had 69 runs batted in while racking up a batting average of .245 last season.
- Tony Kemp had 16 doubles, three triples, eight home runs and 52 walks while hitting .279.
- Elvis Andrus hit .243 last season with 25 doubles, two triples, three home runs and 31 walks.
- Sean Murphy had 23 doubles, 17 home runs and 40 walks while batting .216.
Betting Tips for Blue Jays vs. Athletics
After analyzing all of the key stats and trends for this matchup, our best bet is the Athletics on the moneyline at +204. Our computer picks see the scoring going over the total of 9 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price