The Toronto Blue Jays (6-5), led by Danny Jansen on a two-game home run streak, are -138 favorites on the moneyline to defeat the Boston Red Sox (6-4). First pitch is set for 7:10 PM ET Wednesday, live from Fenway Park. Jose Berrios takes the mound for Toronto while Nick Pivetta is Boston’s starter for the contest.
Table of Contents
Toronto Blue Jays vs. Boston Red Sox: Predictions, Betting Odds, Spread, Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Blue Jays vs. Red Sox
Our computer pick: Boston Red Sox (+117) and Under (9.5)
Blue Jays vs. Red Sox Game Info
- Toronto Blue Jays probable starting pitcher: José Berríos
- Boston Red Sox probable starting pitcher: Nick Pivetta
- Game Day: Wednesday, April 20, 2022
- Game Time: 7:10 PM ET
- Location: Boston, Massachusetts
- Stadium: Fenway Park
Toronto Blue Jays vs Boston Red Sox Pitching Matchup
Blue Jays Starter José Berríos
- Berrios (0-0) takes the mound for the Blue Jays to make his third start this season.
- The right-hander last pitched on Wednesday against the New York Yankees, when he threw five innings, allowing three earned runs while giving up six hits.
- In two games this season, he has an 11.81 ERA and 8.4 strikeouts per nine innings, while opponents are hitting .360 against him.
- The opposing Red Sox offense has the 16th-ranked slugging percentage (.371) and is 16th in MLB play with nine home runs. It has a collective .221 batting average, and is 21st in MLB with 72 total hits and 14th in MLB play scoring 44 runs.
Red Sox Starter Nick Pivetta
- Pivetta will take to the mound for the Red Sox, his third start of the season.
- The right-hander last pitched on Friday, when he threw two innings against the Minnesota Twins, giving up four earned runs.
- He has pitched to a 9.39 ERA this season with 7.0 strikeouts per nine innings compared to 5.9 walks per nine across two games.
- In two starts, Pivetta has pitched through or past the fifth inning one time. He has a season average of 3.3 frames per outing.
- The Blue Jays rank 15th in MLB with 43 runs scored this season. They have a .251 batting average this campaign with 15 home runs (second in the league).
Blue Jays Betting Picks & Insights
- The Blue Jays have been favorites in six games this season and won four (66.7%) of those contests.
- Toronto has a record of 4-2 when favored by -138 or more by oddsmakers this season.
- The bookmakers’ moneyline implies a 58% chance of a victory for the Blue Jays.
- Games involving Toronto have gone over the total set by bookmakers in four of 10 chances this season.
- The Blue Jays are 5-5-0 against the spread in their 10 chances this season.
Red Sox Betting Picks & Insights
- The Red Sox have come away with one win in the three contests they have been listed as the underdogs in this season.
- Boston has a win-loss record of 1-2 when favored by +117 or worse by sportsbooks this year.
- Oddsmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Red Sox have a 46.1% chance of pulling out a win.
- Boston’s games have gone over the total in three of their 10 opportunities.
- In 10 games with a line this season, the Red Sox have a mark of 6-4-0 against the spread.
Blue Jays Leaders & Batting Stats
- Vladimir Guerrero Jr.’s five home runs and 10 RBI both lead the Blue Jays, in addition to his team-high .317 average.
- In all of MLB, Guerrero is second in home runs and sixth in RBI.
- George Springer is hitting .267 with four doubles, two home runs and two walks.
- Springer ranks 26th in homers and 66th in RBI in the majors.
- Springer carries a five-game streak with at least one hit into this contest. In his last five games he is hitting .111 with a double.
- Lourdes Gurriel Jr. is batting .275 with three doubles and two walks.
- Zack Collins is batting .400 with two doubles, two home runs and a walk.
|Vladimir Guerrero Jr.||11||.317||.364||.707||5||10||13|
|Lourdes Gurriel Jr.||11||.275||.318||.350||0||5||11|
Red Sox Leaders & Batting Stats
- Rafael Devers leads the Red Sox with a team-leading batting average of .333.
- Devers ranks 26th in homers and 30th in RBI among all batters in MLB.
- Devers takes a hitting streak of six games into this matchup. In his last 10 outings he is batting .333 with three doubles, two home runs, a walk and seven RBI.
- Alex Verdugo been a consistent power bat this season, as he leads his team with three home runs and eight runs batted in.
- Verdugo ranks eighth overall in homers and 18th in RBI this year.
- Kike Hernandez is batting .195 with six doubles, a home run and six walks.
- J.D. Martinez is batting .235 with four doubles, a home run and five walks.
Betting Tips for Blue Jays vs. Red Sox
We have the Red Sox on the moneyline at +117 on the moneyline as our best bet in this contest after taking a look at all of the key stats and trends for this matchup. Our computer prediction sees the scoring going under the total of 9.5 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price