The Detroit Tigers (24-39) hope to avoid their sixth straight defeat when they host the Texas Rangers (30-33) Friday at 7:10 PM ET. The Tigers are listed as -117 favorites to snap their losing skid, while the Rangers are -102 underdogs. Tarik Skubal will get the ball for Detroit while Texas counter with Jon Gray.
Table of Contents
Tigers vs. Rangers Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Tigers vs. Rangers
Our computer pick: Texas Rangers (-102) and Over (7.5)
Tigers vs. Rangers Game Info
- Detroit Tigers probable starting pitcher: Tarik Skubal
- Texas Rangers probable starting pitcher: Jon Gray
- Game Day: Friday, June 17, 2022
- Game Time: 7:10 PM ET
- Location: Detroit, Michigan
- Stadium: Comerica Park
Detroit Tigers vs Texas Rangers Pitching Matchup
Tigers Starter Tarik Skubal
- The Tigers are sending Skubal (5-3) to make his 13th start of the season. He is 5-3 with a 2.45 ERA and 75 strikeouts through 69 2/3 innings pitched.
- The lefty’s most recent appearance was on Sunday against the Toronto Blue Jays, when he tossed 4 2/3 innings, surrendering four earned runs while giving up seven hits.
- In 12 games this season, the 25-year-old has an ERA of 2.45, with 9.7 strikeouts per nine innings. Opponents are hitting .227 against him.
- Skubal has seven quality starts under his belt this season.
- Skubal has put up 10 starts this season in which he pitched five or more innings.
- He will face off against a Rangers squad that is batting .232 as a unit (23rd in MLB). It is also slugging a collective .383 (18th in MLB) with 78 total home runs (eighth in MLB).
- Among pitchers who qualify in MLB action this season, the 25-year-old ranks 12th in ERA (2.45), 17th in WHIP (1.005), and 11th in K/9 (9.7).
Rangers Starter Jon Gray
- The Rangers’ Gray (1-3) will make his 11th start of the season.
- The right-hander’s last appearance was on Sunday, when he threw 6 2/3 innings against the Chicago White Sox, giving up one earned run while allowing three hits.
- The 30-year-old has an ERA of 4.85 and 9.9 strikeouts per nine innings with an opponent batting average of .229 in 10 games this season.
- He has earned a quality start three times in 10 starts this season.
- Gray has six starts in a row of five innings or more.
- The Tigers are batting .219 this season, 28th in MLB. They have a team slugging percentage of .315 (30th in the league) with 31 home runs.
Tigers Betting Picks & Insights
- This season, the Tigers have been favored 15 times and won seven, or 46.7%, of those games.
- Detroit has a record of 6-7 in games where sportsbooks favor them by at least -117 on the moneyline.
- The Tigers have a 53.9% chance to win this game based on the implied probability of the moneyline.
- Detroit and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 21 of their 63 opportunities.
- The Tigers have an ATS record of 28-35-0 in 63 games with a spread this season.
Rangers Betting Picks & Insights
- The Rangers have been underdogs in 47 games this season and have come away with the win 23 times (48.9%) in those contests.
- This year, Texas has won 22 of 43 games when listed as at least -102 or worse on the moneyline.
- The Rangers have an implied victory probability of 50.5% according to the moneyline set by oddsmakers for this matchup.
- Texas’ games have gone over the total in 27 of their 64 opportunities.
- In 64 games with a line this season, the Rangers have a mark of 38-26-0 against the spread.
Tigers Leaders & Batting Stats
- Harold Castro has eight doubles, a triple, four home runs and three walks while hitting .293.
- Jonathan Schoop has hit five home runs to pace his team.
- Schoop ranks 133rd in homers and 175th in RBI among all batters in the majors.
- Schoop has three straight games with at least one hit. In his last five games he is batting .188 with .
- Miguel Cabrera paces the Tigers in runs batted in (21) and has a team-high batting average of .294.
- Cabrera is on a three-game hitting streak entering this contest. In his last five games he is hitting .263 with an RBI.
- Austin Meadows is batting .250 with six doubles, two triples and 16 walks.
- Meadows has recorded at least one hit in three games in a row. In his last five games he is hitting .188 with a double and three walks.
Rangers Leaders & Batting Stats
- Corey Seager has swatted a team-high 13 long balls.
- Among all hitters in the big leagues, Seager is 17th in home runs and 75th in RBI.
- Adolis Garcia has driven in the most runs for the Rangers with 41 runs batted in.
- Garcia is 25th among all hitters in the majors in homers, and 13th in RBI.
- Marcus Semien has 10 doubles, a triple, six home runs and 23 walks while batting .221.
- Nate Lowe paces the Rangers with a .276 batting average.
Betting Tips for Tigers vs. Rangers
We have the Rangers on the moneyline at -102 on the moneyline as our best bet in this contest after taking a look at all of the key statistics and trends for this matchup. Our computer picks see the scoring going over the total of 7.5 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price