The Detroit Tigers (10-23) are set to take on the Baltimore Orioles (14-19) Saturday at 4:10 PM ET. The Tigers are listed as -120 favorites by oddsmakers, while the underdog Orioles have +101 odds for the contest. Detroit’s Michael Pineda gets the start, and he’ll go against Baltimore’s Bruce Zimmermann.
Table of Contents
Tigers vs. Orioles Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Tigers vs. Orioles
Our computer pick: Baltimore Orioles (+101) and Over (7.5)
Tigers vs. Orioles Game Info
- Detroit Tigers probable starting pitcher: Michael Pineda
- Baltimore Orioles probable starting pitcher: Bruce Zimmermann
- Game Day: Saturday, May 14, 2022
- Game Time: 4:10 PM ET
- Location: Detroit, Michigan
- Stadium: Comerica Park
Detroit Tigers vs Baltimore Orioles Pitching Matchup
Tigers Starter Michael Pineda
- Pineda gets the start for the Tigers, his fifth of the season. He is 1-2 with a 3.43 ERA and 12 strikeouts in 21 innings pitched.
- In his last outing on Monday against the Oakland Athletics, the right-hander tossed 6 2/3 innings, allowing two earned runs while surrendering six hits.
- The 33-year-old has amassed an ERA of 3.43, with 5.1 strikeouts per nine innings, in four games this season. Opponents have a .250 batting average against him.
- He will face an Orioles offense that ranks 27th in the league with 113 runs while batting .233 as a unit. It has a collective .352 slugging percentage (25th in MLB action) and has hit a total of 24 home runs (24th in MLB).
Orioles Starter Bruce Zimmermann
- Zimmermann (2-1) will take to the mound for the Orioles and make his seventh start of the season.
- The left-hander last pitched on Sunday, when he gave up two earned runs and allowed five hits in six innings against the Kansas City Royals.
- The 27-year-old has pitched to a 1.78 ERA this season with 8.9 strikeouts per nine innings compared to 2.4 walks per nine across six games.
- He has two quality starts in six chances this season.
- Zimmermann has pitched five or more innings in two straight games and will look to extend that streak.
- The Tigers have scored 92 runs this season, which ranks 30th in MLB. They are batting .219 for the campaign with 13 home runs, 30th in the league.
Tigers Betting Picks & Insights
- The Tigers have won three of the 10 games they’ve played as favorites this season.
- This season, Detroit has won three of its 10 games, or 30%, when favored by at least -120 on the moneyline.
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 54.5% chance of a victory for the Tigers.
- So far this season, Detroit and its opponents have hit the over in 10 of their 33 games with a total.
- The Tigers are 13-20-0 ATS in their 33 games with a spread this season.
Orioles Betting Picks & Insights
- The Orioles have been chosen as underdogs in 31 games this year and have walked away with the win 12 times (38.7%) in those games.
- This year, Baltimore has won 12 of 30 games when listed as at least +101 or worse on the moneyline.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Orioles have a 49.8% chance of walking away with the win.
- Contests with Baltimore have gone over the total set by oddsmakers in 10 of 34 chances this season.
- The Orioles are 20-14-0 against the spread in their 34 games that had a posted line this season.
Tigers Leaders & Batting Stats
- Austin Meadows is hitting .270 with four doubles, two triples and 12 walks.
- Of all batters in baseball, Meadows ranks 308th in homers and 132nd in RBI.
- Jeimer Candelario has six doubles, a triple, two home runs and eight walks while batting .205.
- Candelario ranks 139th in homers and 132nd in RBI in the major leagues.
- Miguel Cabrera leads the Tigers with 12 runs batted in while putting up a team-best batting average of .276.
- Cabrera will look to build on his four-game hitting in this game. During his last five outings he is batting .350 with two doubles, a home run and three RBI.
- Javier Baez has five doubles, two home runs and five walks while hitting .213.
Orioles Leaders & Batting Stats
- Cedric Mullins paces the Orioles with five home runs.
- Among all hitters in the majors, Mullins ranks 34th in home runs and 65th in RBI.
- Mullins takes a hitting streak of four games into this game. In his last five games he is hitting .381 with a home run, a walk and three RBI.
- Austin Hays is batting .291 to lead the lineup.
- Hays is currently 94th in homers and 109th in RBI in the major leagues.
- Anthony Santander has three doubles, four home runs and 19 walks while batting .241.
- Trey Mancini is batting .287 with four doubles, two home runs and eight walks.
Betting Tips for Tigers vs. Orioles
Our best bet is the Orioles on the moneyline at +101 after analyzing all of the key trends and stats for this matchup. Our computer projects the scoring will over the total of 7.5 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price