The Detroit Tigers (9-23) stumble into Friday’s matchup with the Baltimore Orioles (14-18) looking to break a three-game losing streak. The contest starts at 7:10 PM ET with the Tigers listed as -142 favorites to right the ship. Eduardo Rodriguez starts for Detroit while Jordan Lyles is Baltimore’s starter for the contest.
Table of Contents
Tigers vs. Orioles Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Tigers vs. Orioles
Our computer pick: Baltimore Orioles (+121) and Over (8)
Tigers vs. Orioles Game Info
- Detroit Tigers probable starting pitcher: Eduardo Rodriguez
- Baltimore Orioles probable starting pitcher: Jordan Lyles
- Game Day: Friday, May 13, 2022
- Game Time: 7:10 PM ET
- Location: Detroit, Michigan
- Stadium: Comerica Park
Detroit Tigers vs Baltimore Orioles Pitching Matchup
Tigers Starter Eduardo Rodriguez
- The Tigers are sending Rodriguez (0-2) out for his seventh start of the season. He is 0-2 with a 4.50 ERA and 31 strikeouts in 32 innings pitched.
- In his most recent time out on Saturday against the Houston Astros, the left-hander went 6 2/3 innings, giving up one earned run while surrendering one hit.
- In six games this season, the 29-year-old has an ERA of 4.50, with 8.7 strikeouts per nine innings. Opponents are batting .213 against him.
- Rodríguez is looking to record his fourth quality start of the year.
- Rodríguez will look to continue a five-game streak of pitching five or more innings (he’s averaging 5.1 frames per outing).
- He will face off against an Orioles squad that is hitting .233 as a unit (18th in MLB). It is also slugging a collective .350 (24th in MLB) with 22 total home runs (25th in MLB).
- The 29-year-old ranks 53rd in ERA (4.50), 38th in WHIP (1.156), and 22nd in K/9 (8.7) among qualifying pitchers in MLB play this season.
Orioles Starter Jordan Lyles
- Lyles (2-2) will take the mound for the Orioles, his seventh start of the season.
- The right-hander gave up three earned runs and allowed seven hits in 7 1/3 innings pitched against the Kansas City Royals on Sunday.
- The 31-year-old has pitched to a 4.32 ERA this season with 7.0 strikeouts per nine innings compared to 3.0 walks per nine across six games.
- He’s looking to extend his two-game quality start streak.
- Lyles has pitched five or more innings in two straight games and will look to extend that streak.
- The Tigers have scored 88 runs this season, which ranks 30th in MLB. They have 228 hits, 22nd in baseball, with 12 home runs (30th in the league).
- Among qualified pitchers this season, the 31-year-old’s 4.32 ERA ranks 48th, 1.500 WHIP ranks 54th, and 7.0 K/9 ranks 46th.
Tigers Betting Picks & Insights
- The Tigers have entered the game as favorites nine times this season and won twice.
- Detroit has entered three games this season favored by -142 or more and is 2-1 in those contests.
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 58.7% chance of a victory for the Tigers.
- Games involving Detroit have gone over the total set by sportsbooks in 10 of 32 chances this season.
- The Tigers have an ATS record of 12-20-0 in 32 games with a spread this season.
Orioles Betting Picks & Insights
- The Orioles have been chosen as underdogs in 30 games this year and have walked away with the win 12 times (40%) in those games.
- Baltimore has a mark of 9-14 in contests where oddsmakers favor them by +121 or worse on the moneyline.
- Oddsmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Orioles have a 45.2% chance of pulling out a win.
- Baltimore and their opponents have gone over in 10 of their 33 games with a total set by sportsbooks this season.
- In 33 games with a line this season, the Orioles have a mark of 20-13-0 against the spread.
Tigers Leaders & Batting Stats
- Austin Meadows is the Tigers best hitter, putting together an average of .270 while also being the team’s top run producer, delivering 11 RBI and connecting on zero round-trippers.
- Among all hitters in baseball, Meadows ranks 300th in home runs and 118th in RBI.
- Jeimer Candelario’s 11 runs batted in pace his team.
- Candelario is 133rd in homers and 118th in RBI among all batters in the majors.
- Candelario has two games in a row with at least one hit. In his last five games he is hitting .263 with a double, a triple, a walk and three RBI.
- Javier Baez leads the Tigers with 11 runs batted in.
- Robbie Grossman is batting .221 with four doubles and 17 walks.
Orioles Leaders & Batting Stats
- Cedric Mullins has a team-high five home runs.
- Mullins ranks 33rd in homers and 62nd in RBI among all hitters in MLB.
- Mullins brings a hitting streak of three games into this game. In his last five games he is hitting .333 with a home run, a walk and three RBI.
- Austin Hays has a club-leading .291 batting average.
- Hays is 83rd overall in home runs and 103rd in RBI this year.
- Anthony Santander is hitting .243 with three doubles, three home runs and 19 walks.
- Ryan Mountcastle has racked up a team-leading 16 runs batted in.
Betting Tips for Tigers vs. Orioles
Our best bet is the Orioles on the moneyline at +121 after taking a look at all of the key stats and trends for this matchup. Our computer predicts the total score will over the total of 8 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price